Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Georgia Guidestones Historic Mystery

conspiracy guidestones georgia secret socities new world order

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    albionnights

albionnights

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

Although the Georgia Guidestones have not been around very long it is still a great mystery that haunts the Elbert County countryside. Erected March 22, 1980 the stones are situated on the highest point in the county and align with various celestial bodies. The four stones around the centre pillar are inscribed with ten commandments in eight different languages, while the capstone is inscribed with one of four ancient languages on each side, reading “Let these be guidestones to an age of reason.”

The mystery begins with a man known as R.C. Christian, who commissioned Elberton Granite Co. to construct the monument. Only two men are thought to have ever seen R.C. Christian face-to-face: Joe Fendley, the president of Elberton Granite (now deceased) and Wyatt Martin, President of the Granite City Bank. Although the latter was taken into R.C. Christian’s confidence, he was sworn to secrecy, and is considered the only living person who knows the secrets of the Guidestones.
By all accounts, R.C. Christian was an educated man of means, who belonged to a small organization, which wished to remain anonymous.  The group in question had apparently been planning the construction of this monument for twenty years. During his brief time in Elberton, Christian was upfront about his need of anonymity and did everything he could to keep his identity a secret. And once everything for the Guidestones was in order, he left Elbert County never to return.

Although, Martin stayed in touch with Christian over the next twenty years, he never did learn the name of the mysterious group Christian belonged to, and whatever secrets he did obtain, he has faithfully kept his promise to never reveal.  R.C. Christian is now presumed dead and when Martin himself passes on, the Georgia Guidestones may very well remain a mystery for all time.

#2    MacsMom

MacsMom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• Random crap that no one reads anyway

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:53 AM

I live in GA and plan to try and see them this fall. Interesting mystery

Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along.  Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone?

#3    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:12 AM

They are very mysterious,  so intriguing and scary at the same time.
What are they for? Who are they for?
It seems like a prank, but the price tag seems too extreme.

#4    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:50 AM

Wonder why it was erected 2 days after the spring equinox.

While some of the ideas are admirable the stones seem clearly alarmist in nature.

Reproduction should be an individual choice. One that is preferably informed and made responsibly.

Setting a number and deciding who can and cannot reproduce seems like eugenics in nature and is not the true message of those who want one world.

#5    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,685 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

Really not that strange and really not that mysterious.  Brian Dunning covered them on an episode of Skeptoid in 2010.  You can listen to the podcast or read the transcript here:

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4198

His conclusion?  The Guidestones are just a really cool and clever advertising gimmick.

The facts of the Guidestones' history and construction is publicly available in great detail, in a 50-page book published by the Elberton Granite Finishing Company, called The Georgia Guidestones. It includes biographies of many of the principal workers and characters in the story, and dozens of photographs of the monument and its construction process. Anything you want to know about the Guidestones can be found in this book. Is the publication of this book evidence that Fendley was behind the whole thing? Not really, because there is another explanation that does not require such an assumption. The Guidestones were the most expensive project Fendley ever did, and by far the most famous. As such, they were the best possible advertisement for his company. What business would not leverage such a marketing opportunity? So, again, Fendley's promotion of the Guidestones were merely an inevitability of the circumstance.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#6    albionnights

albionnights

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostRafterman, on 06 June 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

The Guidestones were the most expensive project Fendley ever did, and by far the most famous. As such, they were the best possible advertisement for his company.

Indeed, Fendley's company built the stones and why wouldn't he use that to his advantage? But a company would never build something that expensive just to advertise. Besides this explanation doesn't address the identity of R.C. Christian and the group he claimed to represent.

#7    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

Could R.C. Christian just be a company mascot?

#8    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,545 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:35 PM

View PostMacsMom, on 05 June 2013 - 02:53 AM, said:

I live in GA and plan to try and see them this fall. Interesting mystery

get some close detail pics ... ?

thanks ... :yes:

~

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#9    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,685 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

View Postalbionnights, on 06 June 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

Indeed, Fendley's company built the stones and why wouldn't he use that to his advantage? But a company would never build something that expensive just to advertise. Besides this explanation doesn't address the identity of R.C. Christian and the group he claimed to represent.

Why not?  Companies spend tens of millions to put their names on sports stadiums "just to advertise".  Besides, if you own a granite company and have all of the equipment and labor available to you, it's not that expensive of a project.

As for R.C. Christian, did he even exist?

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#10    albionnights

albionnights

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

View PostRafterman, on 07 June 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

Why not?  Companies spend tens of millions to put their names on sports stadiums "just to advertise".  Besides, if you own a granite company and have all of the equipment and labor available to you, it's not that expensive of a project.

As for R.C. Christian, did he even exist?

Fendley seems to think he existed. I refer you to this article published in Wired a few years ago.

Also, if it was just for advertisement purposes, why would the company choose to inscribe those specific words and languages. Even if you own a granite company it would still be a very labour intensive project, you'd still have to pay your workers, equipment maintenance, probably an architect, a translator, an astronomer, and so on. Plus what do all billboard ads have in common? They have the company's name and logo, which the Guidestones does not.

#11    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,938 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

The guidestones might not have the name of the company, but the tablet that is set with the guidestones does.

#12    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,685 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

View Postalbionnights, on 07 June 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

Fendley seems to think he existed. I refer you to this article published in Wired a few years ago.

Also, if it was just for advertisement purposes, why would the company choose to inscribe those specific words and languages. Even if you own a granite company it would still be a very labour intensive project, you'd still have to pay your workers, equipment maintenance, probably an architect, a translator, an astronomer, and so on. Plus what do all billboard ads have in common? They have the company's name and logo, which the Guidestones does not.

Well of course he does.  He invented him.

Why would they do it?  Would there be television shows, magazine interviews, books, and us talking about a granite company in Georgia if it weren't for these stones?

#13    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

I think 22nd March 1980 has a midnight alignment to Alnilam, Belt of Orion, where it is setting along horizon in the West.  I used Elberton, Georgia as a astronomy fix, which isn't far from the Georgia Guidestones, astronomy graph below on link:-

http://2012forum.com...=4754&mode=view

#14    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,432 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

Guidestones for an age of reason?

That does not really apply to us does it?

#15    MisterCee

MisterCee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

• "Quando omni flunkus moritati"

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:37 AM

I've been interested in this story for a while.  The problem I have with it being an advertising scam by the granite company is the banker - I couldn't see him knowingly being a part of a lie or a hoax.  It could only be bad for him or his bank.  Otherwise, it makes a great deal of sense.  

From Wikipedia I was able to get the lat/long and link to a map, then brought up another browser window for the Elbert County Tax Assessor office.  The parcel of land was purchased for $5000 on 10/1/79 (127/0261 book & page) and the parcel is now assessed for $21,479.  However, this value is land only.  Makes me wonder about the value of the huge granite markers on the land.  I'm curious if there is a separate personal property account for them and who might be paying the taxes on them. Owner's name for the real estate is listed as Elbert County BOC (Board of Commissioners?).  The Clerk of Court for Elbert County doesn't have online records, so I wasn't able to look up the actual deed for the property.  Anyway, if anyone is in the area, it's something to look into.  Government owned property generally needs to be approved for purchase by county board or some such committee and they answer to the local taxpayers.  Might be a bit more information in the minutes of the meetings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users