Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Woman 'Refused' Abortion In Ireland Dies

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16    minera

minera

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

• There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

By killing the mother they also killed her child. One was never born and the other was alive and died due to a religious decision. Not much difference between stoning a rape victim for being raped. Both are religiously motivated.

#17    UFO_Monster

UFO_Monster

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

• 私は宇宙のガーディアンです

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:43 AM

There are some places that religion shouldn't have any part in. Medical science is one of them.

Edited by UFO_Monster, 17 November 2012 - 01:43 AM.

Posted Image
UFOs aren't always the alien's spacecraft...sometimes they are the aliens.

#18    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,314 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

View PostUFO_Monster, on 17 November 2012 - 01:43 AM, said:

There are some places that religion shouldn't have any part in. Medical science is one of them.

Society is another.......at least in decision-making

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#19    Vatic

Vatic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

Why do people have to act like they aren't paying attention, and respond to what they want to hear instead of what is actually being stated? The woman didn't die as a result of not getting an abortion. The woman was not pregnant when she died. She died of an infection. The infection doesn't care if you are pregnant or not when it strikes a victim. A local man died of septicemia after recieving abdominal injuries from a falling tree branch. Dying of septicemia is luck of the draw and not directly related to miscarriage, abortions or trees falling on you. People act so ignorant when they HEAR what they WANT to hear instead of what is being stated.

A better example of refusing an abortion which would lead to a womans death is like in the case of my mother. She collapsed on the floor in agony, was rushed to the hospital, and it was determined she was pregnant, but the fetus was implanted in her felopian tube instead of her uterus. In other words she was going to die unless the fetus, her felopian tube and her ovaries on one side were not immediatly removed. Of course they saved my mother's life! It was a heartbreaking tragedy that my sibling didn't get to live. But at least we saved my mother.

But blaming septicemia on refusing to kill a child in the womb is stupid and unrelated. For all we know, the Indean woman might have induced a miscarraige and in the process put herself at risk of unsanitary conditions. Maybe not. But we don't know by the information presented. But she ceratinly didn't die of the pregnancy!

Another stupid factor in people is when they refuse to acknowledge the risk of abortions for women. Women DIE as a result of abortions, but that just gets whitewashed and swept under the rug. Women are maimed and disabled by abortions. And yes an abortion certainly puts one at more risk of infection, than pregnancy does. Even at more risk of septicemia. And let's don't even go into the associated risk of cancers or psychological disorders associated with abortions.

People who condone the infanticide of abortion are deficient in reasoned principles and are philosophical Lilliputians who unwittingly demonstrate their underdeveloped outlooks. The pro-life camp has won the debate for decades on every front. But like PT Barnum depended upon for his lively hood, there is a sucker born every minute. There are always new ignorant people willing to jump on the Abortion topic as advocates without realizing the depth of predation, the attrocity, the suffering, and the scope of the holocaust.

For instance, most people so anxious to promote abortion don't have the slightest clue to the History of abortion in America. It was promoted by Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, for the express purpose of eugenics. Her aim was to eliminate the inferior gene pool of the poor, the mentally deficient and negros from society. Hilter became a big fan of Margaret Sanger and used the same thinking only to target Jews, Gypsies, and the handicapped. This should give any reasonable person some clue as to where the failing of equal protection under the laws of a society leads. it leads to pernicioucness and murder against the unfortunant class against whom such thinking is directed. Get a clue people and give up this vile nonsense sanctifying the murder of innocents. Just think ot the company you keep in being an advocate of such injustice and heartlessness. it is murdr on a scale that makes the holocaust small by comparison. Look at th history of the use of "sub-humanity" doctrines to overthrow the rights of the victims of such directed thoughts. Get a clue people and stop takling like you have no understanding.

#20    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,643 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:55 AM

View PostVatic, on 17 November 2012 - 03:47 AM, said:

Why do people have to act like they aren't paying attention, and respond to what they want to hear instead of what is actually being stated?
I'm wondering if you even looked at the article.

The woman didn't die as a result of not getting an abortion.
She got sick as a result.

A local man died of septicemia after recieving abdominal injuries from a falling tree branch. Dying of septicemia is luck of the draw and not directly related to miscarriage, abortions or trees falling on you. People act so ignorant when they HEAR what they WANT to hear instead of what is being stated.
Good job, you just contradicted yourself.
But then again coming from someone who fools around with homosexual atheists, I'm not surprised.

#21    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 17 November 2012 - 05:55 AM, said:

She got sick as a result.

Correct that is why she got sick... If she had been allowed to abort, her life may have been saved

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#22    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

When 2 people hang onto a rope at the edge of a cliff, you got to chose to save one

#23    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

If they had of done the right thing, and saved the mother, the child would have died anyway.. It was not expected to live

#24    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,291 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

2 lives wasted when one could have been saved, its about time religeon caught up with modern times,as it stands its a disgrace.Come you guys Petition your Religeous Leader.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#25    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

Sky News Update on this story...

Thousands of people have marched in the capital of Ireland to protest the death of an Indian woman who was allegedly refused an abortion.

Sky's Vicki Hawthorne, reporting from Dublin, said more than 10,000 people had gathered for a vigil and march over the death and the country's strict abortion laws.

The Indian government has also demanded a "transparent" probe into the death of Savita Halappanavar, after Irish doctors apparently rejected her requests for a termination even though she was miscarrying.
Deputy head of government Eamon Gilmore agreed to meet the Indian ambassador, Debashish Chakravarti, on Saturday.
Read more of this update on Sky News - http://news.sky.com/...-abortion-death

#26    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

View Postminera, on 17 November 2012 - 12:53 AM, said:

By killing the mother they also killed her child. One was never born and the other was alive and died due to a religious decision. .

View PostFlyingAngel, on 17 November 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

When 2 people hang onto a rope at the edge of a cliff, you got to chose to save one

View Postspud the mackem, on 17 November 2012 - 11:29 PM, said:

2 lives wasted when one could have been saved, its about time religeon caught up with modern times,as it stands its a disgrace.Come you guys Petition your Religeous Leader.

Please read the article again.. The woman was already miscarrying, the baby could not be saved  EVEN  if the woman was saved... To sum that up - The baby would have died regardless.. That's what happens when a woman miscarries

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 18 November 2012 - 12:18 AM.

#27    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:08 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 17 November 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

Please read the article again.. The woman was already miscarrying, the baby could not be saved  EVEN  if the woman was saved... To sum that up - The baby would have died regardless.. That's what happens when a woman miscarries
I wonder what exactly was god's plan there?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#28    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

Becky, I think you already KNOW what I want to say about this. :tu:

#29    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,314 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

View PostShadowSot, on 18 November 2012 - 04:08 AM, said:

I wonder what exactly was god's plan there?

Whenever a absurd, unfair, idiotic, chance accident occur that there is no rhyme or reason to, and is totally pointless, you hear: -"God works in mysterious ways"

Or if a plane-crash happens and 450 people were burned alive, and one person survived, you hear: -"It is Gods miracle".
Well, he didn't have a thought for those 450 who burned now, did he?.

Edited by EllJay, 18 November 2012 - 05:00 AM.

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#30    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 14,713 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:10 AM

View PostHasina, on 15 November 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

Many people see it (like myself) as the termination of human life, no matter at what time the abortiom is carried out. It could be just weeks into the pregnancy, or near the end. But many people are against it because their religion says it's murder as well.

There seems some gray area for many in abortion (I also feel these are good exceptions to the rule of 'no abortions'); if the mother's life is at stake, cases of incest or rape, or genetic deformities. In this case, the mother's life was at risk, an abortion of her child probably would have saved her life.
Not just religious people A lot of atheists/secular humanists do not accept the arbitrary right of a woman to abort a child  without good reason, based on humanist ethics values and moralities,

But in this case the doctors made a mistake, probably because of both their own and the states prejudices/ legal  framework in the matter. On the other hand, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Did the doctors know the baby was dieing anyway,  and if so would that have made a difference? I assume even Irish law allows for an abortion where the mothers life is in serious danger.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users