Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

ghosts and jesus

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    arkland

arkland

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

• "There is no evil"

Posted 22 January 2006 - 03:21 AM

I dont see how some people can belive in jesus but not ghosts. you cant see ither of them whats the diffrence?

#2    AdNauseamSuiGeneris

AdNauseamSuiGeneris

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

• A man's character is his fate.

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:13 AM

I dont see how some people can belive in jesus but not ghosts. you cant see ither of them whats the diffrence?

So does that mean if you beleive in gravity you have to beleive in ghosts or if you think that Julius Ceaser was real, you have to beleive in Ghosts because you can't see him?

If God is willing to prevent evil, but is not able to
Then He is not omnipotent.
If He is able, but not willing
Then He is malevolent.
If He is both able and willing
Then whence cometh evil?
If He is neither able nor willing
Then why call Him God?
-Epicurus

#3    RamboIII

RamboIII

Killer Without Reason

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:19 AM

Jesus has proof, the new testement, and all the religion that followed it. And thats not true anyway...Christianity suggests that there's an after life meaning ghosts(spirits, souls). People just don't believe that these ghosts can interact with humans.

#4    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 26,926 posts

• Paranoid Android... Gorram it kid, let's frak this thing and go home! Make it so!

Posted 22 January 2006 - 02:30 PM

Not everyone believes in ghosts either, remember that.  Not even all those that believe in Jesus will believe in ghosts.  It comes down to your own personal belief and opinion (some might even say there's no evidence for either Jesus or ghosts......)

There is, however, a stigma attached to believing in Jesus as compared to believing in ghosts.  Very rarely you might come across a nutter (sorry, that's not very politically correct, is it tongue.gif ) who stands on street corners warning of ghosts in the basement.  It's never happened to me, but I'm sure there are some out there, somewhere.

There are however Christians on street corners trying to tell people about Jesus, and in extreme cases, badgering and hounding people.  And when people don't like being stopped (usually a No is sufficient, but there are obviously cases where the "Christian" won't take No for an answer) they then complain about Christians in general, and speak out against them, as opposed to speaking out against what they perceive as the (relatively) harmless belief in ghosts.

But that's just my opinion anyway.  Myself, I believe in Jesus and in ghosts (well, spirit entities, I don't know about wandering ex-humans).....

Hope this helps.

Regards, PA

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#5    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,898 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 22 January 2006 - 05:09 PM

Jesus has proof, the new testement, and all the religion that followed it. And thats not true anyway...

Wow! Really? After all these millenia of no proof, YOU'VE discovered some proof!? Please, show us, because until now at least, there was a phenomenal lack of proof.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#6    jagerthorn

jagerthorn

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 345 posts

• A product of the demented imagination of a lazy drunken hillbilly with a heart full of hate who has found a way to live out where the real winds blow.

Posted 22 January 2006 - 05:35 PM

Whoever said you can't see ghosts is either very skeptic or just a non-believer. Some people don't want to believe in ghosts because it scares them - and people want to believe in Jesus because they want hope and love.

--clickie clickie--
I'm feelin' like a monster truck at the botanical garden.

#7    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:56 PM

you cant see ither of them whats the diffrence?

I, for one, have seen ghosts...but I have never seen Jesus of Nazareth.

Jesus has proof, the new testement, and all the religion that followed it.

Last time I checked (2 minutes ago), there is no contemporary evidence that Jesus ever lived...In fact, there is just as much evidence for Peter Pan as there is for Jesus!  The New Testament was written long after the fact and can't even agree on such simple matters as when Jesus was born and where the holy family went after leaving Bethelhem.  The religion that followed has changed the very message given by Jesus, taking a mortal man (that is all he ever claimed to be until the church started the editing and rewriting) and elevating him to Godhood!  yes.gif

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common,   Children no longer obey their parents.  Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.
                    Assyrian tablet circa 2800 BCE

#8    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:58 PM

Wow! Really? After all these millenia of no proof, YOU'VE discovered some proof!? Please, show us, because until now at least, there was a phenomenal lack of proof.

I second that ph34r.gif

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#9    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,419 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:14 AM

If there are ghosts flying around, then there are trillions of them.  Why isn't everyone haunted if there are so many loose souls around?

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#10    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:44 AM

They say the ghosts haunt the place from which they died in...if thats true then hospitals would be full of them blink.gif

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#11    nativechick1989

nativechick1989

Forum Divinity

• 22,975 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:53 AM

Not everyone believes in ghosts either, remember that.  Not even all those that believe in Jesus will believe in ghosts.  It comes down to your own personal belief and opinion (some might even say there's no evidence for either Jesus or ghosts......)

Well said PA . .  thumbsup.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users