Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tea Partiers: Obama’s a Muslim because

THE MATRIX

link

President Obama's most vigorous opponents have gone to great lengths to paint him as a Muslim, despite all evidence to the contrary. At a recent event, a Tea Party organizer pushed those limits even further.

"In the yellow cinder-block meeting room of the Munford, TN, municipal building, the Tipton County Tea Party convened on a recent evening to raise money for billboards, organize a tax day protest and encourage attendance at a state convention planned for Gatlinburg at the end of May," the Washington Post reported in a recent feature story.

The 40-person-large gathering was treated by organizer Vince DiCello to jokes about House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and encouraged to raise money to help swing the November elections against Democrats.

DiCello then circulated a photograph that showed Obama with his shoes off, which WaPo reported that he deemed "evidence that the president prays with Muslims but not Christians."

The crowd "murmured in disapproval" at the image, and one attendee yelled, "That's because he is a Muslim."

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Commander Travis

• Ginger

• shaka5

• Poopie

That's just stupid! Obama's not a Muslim. Anyone who thinks that needs their brain checked out. I don't think he's muslim.

That's just stupid! Obama's not a Muslim. Anyone who thinks that needs their brain checked out. I don't think he's muslim.

I personaly don't think he's a muslim or a christian.

Although I feel that it is a good idea to get organized from a poitical stand point I do think that some folks just shouldn't be allowed out of thier house. Organizations like this could be better used to promote a healthy knowledge base for its members. That way they could make informed decisions about the any political situation.

Saying someone is a certain religion because he/she decides to take off his/her shoes is just stupid. If I take my shoes off at work I don't think it's going to change my religious orientation......

Well, of course he must be a Muslim, he was born in Kenya, wasn't he.

Stands to reason.

:unsure2:

Again. If he was a muslim, a christian, an atheist, or part of the Halley's comet cult it wouldn't matter. The fact that he's spending us into a deep depression is all I'm concerned about...

I find it easy to believe that Obama maybe an atheist, and just panders a bit for the religious vote, and that is great with me.

Christian, Muslim, whatever. Who cares? I don't recall any part of the consitution that says that a president must be religious at all.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

I find the notion that Obama is in any way religious laughable.

i find that anyone being religious is laughable...so i'm kinda with you

Since when is it illegal to be a Muslim in this country?

i ask this question all the time...still haven't gotten a valid answer

i ask this question all the time...still haven't gotten a valid answer

First, did anyone see the raw video of the Tea Partier who "spit" on a congress man and yelled racial slurs?

It didn't happen, the man spittled on the congressman from yelling "Kill the bill". That was it.

There's a movement to discredit the Tea Party but all attempts are starting to fail. This is another attempt to tell the average joe who doesn't know who our Secretary of State is that they believe Obama is muslim. Simply not true.

I'm not even a Tea Partier (long as Palin speaks).

If he was... why would he being a muslim be anything to attack him about? I dont care if the leader of MY nation is Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Jewish, or Wiccan. As long as they keep the separation of church and state. I do not like leaders who bring up God because God to one person is not God to another person. Lead for the people.

~Thanato

The tea party is made up with uneducated white rednecks, and the rallies and meetings are fueled with their hate and

stupidity.

If Obama was a Muslim he would not have made this speech as it would have gone against his god Allah and in no what could a true muslim do that. If he was a true Christian he would not have put god in his place in a church.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbGbfiEdsGA

IMO Obama is an Atheist as his father is now, not that Obama has had much contact with his father. Obama spent 2 yrs in a muslim school not taking it very seriously and he spent 2 yrs in a Catholic school doing the same. So he wrote in his book (can't recall the title) I am pretty sure this is the first Black and the first Atheist President. He does have to down play it though.

I have to agree, Obama is a leftist snob, but he is not a Muslim, and it would not be worth talking about if he was. I don't like his Presidential Politics, but I really don't have much of a problem with him as a Man. He has tried to do what he thought was right, and everyone should admire that.

When he wins his second term he should convert to Islam to p*** off the entire religious right.

When he wins his second term he should convert to Islam to p*** off the entire religious right.

when he wins?...whats wrong with you Cradle?...haven't you heard, Palin is gonna win it...... :w00t...ok, i couldn't hold the laughter in

Well, of course he must be a Muslim, he was born in Kenya, wasn't he.

Stands to reason.

:unsure2:

Are you serious? Kenya was part of the British Empire and has been a mainly Christian country ever since. Very few Muslims there.

Are you serious? Kenya was part of the British Empire and has been a mainly Christian country ever since. Very few Muslims there.

I think he was being sarcastic and making fun of the people who say that. Seriously anyone who thinks he was born in Kenya is an idiot. No need to sugar-coat it or say it nicely. It's like me saying Bush was born in Russia. Seriously, do people think anymore? Or do they just bs? It seriously shows how bad our education system is if people believe this garbage.

I think he was being sarcastic and making fun of the people who say that. Seriously anyone who thinks he was born in Kenya is an idiot. No need to sugar-coat it or say it nicely. It's like me saying Bush was born in Russia. Seriously, do people think anymore? Or do they just bs? It seriously shows how bad our education system is if people believe this garbage.

Quite right. But this is even more desperate than the "he wasn't born in the US" argument; if that really was true, then it would be an important thing, obviously. But all this trying to make out that he's a Muslim is worse than desperate, since, as it wouldn't be illegal to do so, you have to wonder what their motives really are.

If he was... why would he being a muslim be anything to attack him about? I dont care if the leader of MY nation is Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Jewish, or Wiccan. As long as they keep the separation of church and state. I do not like leaders who bring up God because God to one person is not God to another person. Lead for the people.

~Thanato

I dont know if he a muslim or not. If he is, that makes him a liar, and that lie seriously helped win him the election. But then anyone who doesnt know he's a liar already, hasnt been paying any attention.

Hu?? Its better than a 50% chance he was born in Kenya. The folks there will show you exactly where he was born. Ahhh never mind. Anyone willing to call another a "idiot" cause they saw a certificate of birth that even a FOREIGNER can get under a certain age, cant be to bright.

If Obama was a Muslim he would not have made this speech as it would have gone against his god Allah and in no what could a true muslim do that. If he was a true Christian he would not have put god in his place in a church.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbGbfiEdsGA

IMO Obama is an Atheist as his father is now, not that Obama has had much contact with his father. Obama spent 2 yrs in a muslim school not taking it very seriously and he spent 2 yrs in a Catholic school doing the same. So he wrote in his book (can't recall the title) I am pretty sure this is the first Black and the first Atheist President. He does have to down play it though.

I agree, Obama is not a Christian.

Actual quote from "The Audacity of Hope" [pg. 261]: Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

The Koran allows for a muslim to denounce his religion only if the act of denouning will help Islam.

Christians don't side with Muslims when the political wind shifts in an ugly direction. Christians stand with Christians and Jews.

Muslims stand with Muslims

What does this say about him?