Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

huge black dog


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

  • Member
  • 3,569 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:on the ground

  • The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

When I was 11 or 12, I was walking down the street in my old neighborhood (the same neighborhood I saw many ghosts in) and to my great astonishment I saw a very large black dog sitting in the yard of someones house. The fence that surrounded the yard seemed very useless to this creature. I was scared but at the same time amazed at his incredible size! He was easily 10 feet tall (sitting) and also very broad across the shoulders. He was only in that yard that one time. I kept going back, purposly taking that route to see if I would ever see him again but I never did... do you think this could have been a cryptoid or demon dog or any other "unexplained" type of thing?



The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#2    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Hounds of Hell !
Did anyone close to you die just after that ?

Miss me?

#3    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

  • Member
  • 3,569 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:on the ground

  • The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 16 January 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

Hounds of Hell !
Did anyone close to you die just after that ?

No as a matter of fact no one close to me died until I was in my 20s. And then in one year like 23 people I knew died. But I do think this was around the time the spirits came into my life and started following me...

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#4    AliveInDeath7

AliveInDeath7

    Enlightened Seeker

  • Member
  • 2,718 posts
  • Joined:20 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:NC

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

I've seen pretty much the same.. I was walking around midnight once, like I used to everynight, and I saw this large black dog just sitting still in someone's yard on the corner. I kept walking, calmly(because I got no negative feelings from it; it just seemed curious, watchful) and when I looked back a second later it was gone.


#5    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

    Facebook Fiend

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Joined:25 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Middleton,Greater Manchester,UK

  • Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

Who's to say it wasn't  a Rottweiler that was given growth hormones.

Edited by Medium Brown, 16 January 2013 - 06:20 PM.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#6    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

    BugWhisperer

  • Member
  • 4,869 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Tejas

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

Maybe since we expect a large animal in a yard to be a dog, that is what you "saw" a very large dog that was actually a bear ? It would look wide and large for a dog, and your imagination tricked you on height. We used to get black bears in people's yards (urban) a couple states  we've lived in.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 16 January 2013 - 06:37 PM.


#7    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,461 posts
  • Joined:05 Jan 2012

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

I'd say since there are no known species of dogs that are 10 feet tall while sitting, that you imagined it?  Or perhaps it was this legendary dog, and the night made his fur look a different color......

Attached File  cliford_vday_cake1.jpg   69.07K   2 downloads


#8    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

  • Member
  • 3,569 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:on the ground

  • The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

View PostNikkiAidyn, on 16 January 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

I've seen pretty much the same.. I was walking around midnight once, like I used to everynight, and I saw this large black dog just sitting still in someone's yard on the corner. I kept walking, calmly(because I got no negative feelings from it; it just seemed curious, watchful) and when I looked back a second later it was gone.

Thanks... I was wondering if it was a common occurance. I used to think these bizarre things were so unique to only me but now I am starting to realize that a lot of people experience similar phenomenon .. so if already me and you have ecperienced this and this post has only been up for an hour.. there must be more occurances of similar nature in the world... thanks for sharing. :)

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#9    fatbadger2

fatbadger2

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Joined:14 Jan 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Coventry,UK

  • you cant kill the metal, the metal will live on....

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

Probably a bear like another post said. Because dog fits what should be there your mind interprets it as big dog rather than bear.it's a fact that memory isn't infallible and very open to interpretation. You may have seen it, your brain said what was that but didn't have a definitive answer so in the following moments your mind creates something, in this case a massive dog. If you'd seen it more clearly giant dog wouldn't be what it was I don't think.

Now don't get me wrong I love what you've done with the place, I just wish we had a chance to help build it, instead of just moving into this home of disrepair and expected to work,prosper and then care - enter shakari-juggernauts

#10    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

  • Member
  • 3,569 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:on the ground

  • The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

View Postfatbadger2, on 16 January 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

Probably a bear like another post said. Because dog fits what should be there your mind interprets it as big dog rather than bear.it's a fact that memory isn't infallible and very open to interpretation. You may have seen it, your brain said what was that but didn't have a definitive answer so in the following moments your mind creates something, in this case a massive dog. If you'd seen it more clearly giant dog wouldn't be what it was I don't think.

I actually saw it very clearly. I already know what bears look like so my mind wouldn't have to had to replace an image of a bear with a dog. This was in seattle so the bear theory is highly improbable unless it was very tame and came from the zoo... but that wouldn't explain why it looked like a DOG and not a bear... The clifford story is more reasonable lol.... :D

And far as the memory is conserned ive been remembering this ever since it happened.. I didnt one day start remembering it.

Edited by SpiritWriter, 16 January 2013 - 07:45 PM.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#11    fatbadger2

fatbadger2

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Joined:14 Jan 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Coventry,UK

  • you cant kill the metal, the metal will live on....

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 16 January 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:



I actually saw it very clearly. I already know what bears look like so my mind wouldn't have to had to replace an image of a bear with a dog. This was in seattle so the bear theory is highly improbable unless it was very tame and came from the zoo... but that wouldn't explain why it looked like a DOG and not a bear... The clifford story is more reasonable lol.... :D

And far as the memory is conserned ive been remembering this ever since it happened.. I didnt one day start remembering it.
ah I see. Seattle is relatively bear free as far as I remember lol. What I'm getting at with the memory thing is that a giant dog is extremely unlikely but as far as your mind sees that's what is closest fit. As I say it's well proven by people far smarter than me that memory is very rarely accurate even for very mundane things. Your brain fills in gaps and makes it seem like a real memory 100s of times a day. Most of the time it goes unnoticed but on occasion it becomes something worth remembering even if it never actually happened. It's just that 10ft dogs, I'm pretty sure, don't exist and if they did probably wouldn't go relatively unnoticed in someone yard regardless of time of day. So it must be something normal remembered differently or giving an illusion of something more sensational than it is. Normal dog silhouetted by a light maybe, I dunno but there IS a real world explanation somewhere.

Now don't get me wrong I love what you've done with the place, I just wish we had a chance to help build it, instead of just moving into this home of disrepair and expected to work,prosper and then care - enter shakari-juggernauts

#12    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

  • Member
  • 3,569 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:on the ground

  • The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

View Postfatbadger2, on 16 January 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

ah I see. Seattle is relatively bear free as far as I remember lol. What I'm getting at with the memory thing is that a giant dog is extremely unlikely but as far as your mind sees that's what is closest fit. As I say it's well proven by people far smarter than me that memory is very rarely accurate even for very mundane things. Your brain fills in gaps and makes it seem like a real memory 100s of times a day. Most of the time it goes unnoticed but on occasion it becomes something worth remembering even if it never actually happened. It's just that 10ft dogs, I'm pretty sure, don't exist and if they did probably wouldn't go relatively unnoticed in someone yard regardless of time of day. So it must be something normal remembered differently or giving an illusion of something more sensational than it is. Normal dog silhouetted by a light maybe, I dunno but there IS a real world explanation somewhere.

Thats why I think it was paranormal.. your right 10 ft dogs dont exist and if these guys had one it probably would have been in thier yard for longer than a day and also talked about throughout the neighborhood and also a feature of incredible news for newspapers and tv.... did you know it is a fact that people experience the paranormal and then make up stories about how they didnt see what they actually saw?

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#13    DieChecker

DieChecker

    I'm a Rogue Scholar

  • Member
  • 17,896 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portland, Oregon, USA

  • Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

I'd guess since you say you see ghosts, that the dog was also a ghost.

The mythical connection to black ghost dogs is that those who see them will soon die, or someone in their family will soon die. But, it could also easily be that something bad was going to happen to the people living in those houses.

It could very well be that you did not even see the dog, but had a premonition, or prophetic vision and it processed in your brain as seeing a black dog.

http://en.wikipedia....ack_dog_(ghost)

Edited by DieChecker, 16 January 2013 - 08:37 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#14    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

  • Member
  • 3,569 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:on the ground

  • The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

Also note that the dog was in no way transparent. It appeared very solid and "real" but I dont discredit "the ghost dog" theory.. I know that apparations can take a very solid form..

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#15    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

  • Member
  • 3,569 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:on the ground

  • The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 16 January 2013 - 08:36 PM, said:

I'd guess since you say you see ghosts, that the dog was also a ghost.

The mythical connection to black ghost dogs is that those who see them will soon die, or someone in their family will soon die. But, it could also easily be that something bad was going to happen to the people living in those houses.

It could very well be that you did not even see the dog, but had a premonition, or prophetic vision and it processed in your brain as seeing a black dog.

http://en.wikipedia....ack_dog_(ghost)

Also found this... http://www.bellaonli...es/art13330.asp

Thank you so much! All this time ive been pondering this thing and it is an actual documented entity... I wonder how I never came across it before, ive even done a few searches, but I guess I didnt try hard enough. Maybe thats a good thing. They don't seem to be too pleasant. Makes me wonder 'why' I saw it...

Edited by SpiritWriter, 16 January 2013 - 09:33 PM.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users