Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

english people told

chemical-licker

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20071225...-6323e80_3.html

The head of the Roman Catholic Church in England and Wales has called on people to do more to welcome immigrants to Britain in his Christmas address.

The Archbishop of Westminster, Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O'Connor, used his Christmas Homily to highlight the needs of the excluded and the importance of Christian compassion towards the less fortunate.

In the homily at Westminster Cathedral, London, he drew particular attention to the way in which migrants were treated.

The Cardinal said: "A theme which is much in the news in Britain at the moment is the question of the many immigrant peoples who come to our country. Most immigrants come to our country because they wish to have a better life and work so as to provide for their families.

"What concerns me at the moment is our attitude as a nation to these many immigrants. Many of these people are trying, for perfectly good reasons, to enter Britain and they need to be welcomed.

"I understand that immigration needs to be controlled. However, sometimes they must feel like Joseph when he returned to Bethlehem after exile in Egypt, simply excluded because they are outsiders.

Meanwhile, Pope Benedict XVI ushered in Christmas by celebrating Midnight Mass in St Peter's Basilica, where he urged people to set aside time in their lives for God and the needy.

Echoing a theme he has often raised about an increasingly secular world, Benedict said many people acted as if there was no room for spiritual matters in their lives.

"Man is so preoccupied with himself, he has such urgent need of all the space and all the time for his own things, that nothing remains for others, for his neighbour, for the poor, for God," he said.

WTF They come here and kill, they dont embrace the freedom or the help, THEY KILL MAKE NO GO AREAS FOR THE ENGLISH, and we are supposed to welcome them :angry:

I could ramble on allday about the problems i see already with immigration,

Carry knives and wouldn't even think twice in stabbing innocent people for standing up for morales and common descency.

If the archbishop wants to welcome them he came put them in churches and he must have a few bedrooms spare. WHAT A T0zza

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Hill

• chemical-licker

• Isadora1982

• Drexl Spivey

C'mon it's Christmas :D:santa:

Thanks for the present! Chems! what can it be? what can it be? please be... call of duty four... please...please please

linked-image

what the... a box full of illegal immigrants!?!

linked-image

Thanks a lot chemicalicker <_<

nah... no yet(hands in pockets) <_< but my friend does... Chemicalicker's got it.. :yes:

he says it's really really good and lots of fun... but I don't like him at the moment because he boasts and has a big head.

Thanks for the present! Chems! what can it be? what can it be? please be... call of duty four... please...please please

linked-image

what the... a box full of illegal immigrants!?!

linked-image

JUST WHAT I'VE ALWAYS WANTED!

Kitchen workers on cheap labour, and cheap takeaways just around the corner.

BEST.CHRISTMAS.EVER.

(They take our jobs. But, we don't want those jobs anyway.)

JUST WHAT I'VE ALWAYS WANTED!

Kitchen workers on cheap labour, and cheap takeaways just around the corner.

BEST.CHRISTMAS.EVER.

(They take our jobs. But, we don't want those jobs anyway.)

lol... :lol:

Not quite.. we'd do the jobs for the equivalent of 400 pounds a week-

Rents is cheap, plus in many cases they can claim benefits on top.

Again in many cases the wages are cash in hand, so you don't pay taxes. Even if the wages aren't cash in hand- It's quite shocking... if you knew the scams you'd be shocked.

My girlfriend works for a company which employs them. Many British people do apply but, if you tried it legit- you'd get taxed out of the game.

It's a strange system.

Edited by Billy of the Hill

nah... no yet(hands in pockets) <_< but my friend does... Chemicalicker's got it.. :yes:

he says it's really really good and lots of fun... but I don't like him at the moment because he boasts and has a big head.

wtf, who says im your friend, blimey billy of the hill thats assuming a bit to much :D what a weirdo :yes: how many interent friends have you got? christ im scared

i mean really scared :unsure2: what a wierdo :yes:

HEY! :angry: Just cause you're p***ed and had a fight with your brother.

Don't take it out on me!

Ok so the Church has said we should be more welcoming and show more respect to immigrants. The Queen's choice of language in her Xmas day speech could also be interrupted as refering to this.

I have to say that this really is a bit condracending. This nations leadership doesn't respect the British people's right to Democracy when it comes to the strong anti-immigration feelings present throughout the land yet they then expect us the people then not to snub the immigrants.

This is surely a Xmas day joke right?

Ok so the Church has said we should be more welcoming and show more respect to immigrants. The Queen's choice of language in her Xmas day speech could also be interrupted as refering to this.

I have to say that this really is a bit condracending. This nations leadership doesn't respect the British people's right to Democracy when it comes to the strong anti-immigration feelings present throughout the land yet they then expect us the people then not to snub the immigrants.

totall agree with that Atom, (bold) i wish it was a joke, thing is the churches attendance figures have gone through the roof, more people are going to mass, so larger congregations, and the rise is thanks to immigrants, its no wonder the church is rubbing its hands. we have a large polish community now in Liverpool and the churches are sell-outs,

Well, it's just a bishop voicing the opinion which his religion teaches. If you dont like it, just ignore him.

It's just like those "Jesus Loves Osama" signs everyone was upset about, when thats exactly what christianity preaches, to love thy neighbor.

Well, it's just a bishop voicing the opinion which his religion teaches. If you dont like it, just ignore him.

It's just like those "Jesus Loves Osama" signs everyone was upset about, when thats exactly what christianity preaches, to love thy neighbor.

The bible also preachs the ideas of nations and seperate peoples.

WTF They come here and kill, they dont embrace the freedom or the help, THEY KILL MAKE NO GO AREAS FOR THE ENGLISH, and we are supposed to welcome them

exactly !!! bad enough you already have people who kill and thieve and slack off ! you don't want anymore of em or you may lose out on those benifits that should be yours for slacking off !

honestly - immigration is a problem , but western societies don't make it any better with what's going on now in the middle east either.

and out of 2 years living in the UK - the worst kid ( 17) I laid my eyes on wasn't an immigrant. the second worse was his cousin , my g/f's son. thankfully the first is in prison for stabbing someone and stealing from them as they lay bleeding on the ground caught by cctv at the train station .

the latter ( who at first only smoked pot - till his brains fell out) is now a full out junkie. headed for prison himself . Yet both brought up in decent households. ( but both only boys = spoiled)

oh yeah and both from posh Epsom as someone remarked it was.

ps - pope Benedict is one evil looking guy . scary !

linked-image

Edited by Lt_Ripley

WTF They come here and kill, they dont embrace the freedom or the help, THEY KILL MAKE NO GO AREAS FOR THE ENGLISH, and we are supposed to welcome them

I could ramble on allday about the problems i see already with immigration,

Carry knives and wouldn't even think twice in stabbing innocent people for standing up for morales and common descency.

So the millions of immigrants in your country are all murderer's and thieves, every last one of them? Maybe you should have a reality check, and actually make some time to meet and converse with a number of immigrants and their families you may be surprised at how decent and simiar to you that they are. There are of course those who cause trouble and don`t become part of the already established society but they are always the minority. Generalisations such as yours will not help the situation.

So the millions of immigrants in your country are all murderer's and thieves, every last one of them? Maybe you should have a reality check, and actually make some time to meet and converse with a number of immigrants and their families you may be surprised at how decent and simiar to you that they are. There are of course those who cause trouble and don`t become part of the already established society but they are always the minority. Generalisations such as yours will not help the situation.

Well, that is a very humanitarian and noble thought AztecInca, and very in keeping with the spirit of Christmas. I feel a real heel to contradict it.

The troublemakers may indeed be a minority - in comparison with the overall numbers. However, their impact has an effect out of proportion to their numbers. There are area's where a white person - of either gender - would be very foolish to go after dusk. I would site Streatham (London), St Pauls (Bristol), St. Annes (Nottingham), certain area's of Bradford, and the industrial estate I work on in Leicester.

Of course, many cities and communities have their "crime" area's, but the above are examples of places where you are likely to get attacked with a weapon - perhaps killed - purely because you are white. (with the exception of my industrial estate - where you are merely likely to fall victim to the car-eating potholes in the "road". )

As an illustration, you may wish to google the term "operation trident uk".

So just call me Mr Heel. :P

But a very Merry Christmas anyway. <offers AztecInca a box of Morrisons Deluxe Mine Pies to take back to the Guild of Moderators Staff Room>

Meow Purr.

HEY! :angry: Just cause you're p***ed and had a fight with your brother.

Don't take it out on me!

:lol: hey the booze does the talking on christmas day. got to go big fight to attend, christmas day for ya :rolleyes:

If you brits dont want them send them over to Nova Scotia and P.E.I please. Them maritimes are always b****ing about how they have no skilled workers willing to come to their provinces.

If you brits dont want them send them over to Nova Scotia and P.E.I please. Them maritimes are always b****ing about how they have no skilled workers willing to come to their provinces.

Do you fancy taking this lot?

Three Asian racists were convicted at the Old Bailey today of shattering a man’s skull because he was white.

Sodrul Islam, 23, Delwar Hussain, 21, and Mamoon Hussain, 20, were found guilty of attempted murder for the attack on John Payne, 33. Up to 30 Asians set upon the victim and his friends for drinking in a pub on the Clichy estate in Stepney, which the gang considered to be their turf. They shouted insults including “white honkies” at the five people who dared to walk through.

Convicted: Delwar Hussain (left) while Mammoon Hussain is facing jail

Mr Payne was then felled with a machete and the gang repeatedly punched and kicked him as he lay helpless on the ground. The gang continued as Mr Payne’s sobbing girlfriend tried to shield him. He suffered a severe fracture of his head and bone fragments penetrated his brain. Surgeons at the Royal London Hospital battled to save him. He continues to require constant medication and suffers severe epilepsy, nightmares and flashbacks. The three defendants, from Stepney, will be sentenced in the New Year.

Two others were cleared of affray by the jury after being found not guilty of attempted murder and wounding with intent on the directions of the judge

Three Asian racists were convicted at the Old Bailey today of shattering a man’s skull because he was white.

thank god it wasn't a racist attack

i noticed people use the phrase white honkies, do people know where this has come from and is it offensive to white people?

answer :lol: can barely contain myself, it's not, it refers to white rich people driving their cars honking their horns. so please people call me a honky.

thank god it wasn't a racist attack

LOL your only a racist if your white, damn Honkies :innocent:

Meaning of : Honky, Honkey or Honkie is a predominantly American pejorative racial slur for white people, often applied to males.

Source Wiki

I've never been called one but might be offeneded if I was called one. (Just the way I was brought up- nor did I ever call others certain offensive names) But over the years, I have heard the term used but mostly in old 70's TV shows and movies.

on the topic.. are they LEGAL immigrants or ILLEGAL immigrants coming to the UK?

It's the illegal ones that tick me off my way. Many ILLEGALS get MUCH better health care benefits and MORE for FREE than your average, butt busting, tax paying, legal born and raised American Citizen. I kid you not. Now a days here, if you don't speak Spanish, they won't hire you! Anyone hear that one song "Press One for English"? It's on youtube.. and that song really hits home.

If they desire to come here, FINE- BUT come here LEGALLY and speak ENGLISH PLEASE or go back to where ya' came from!

My grandfather immigrated here from Norway. He could not speak a word of English when he arrived at age 18. But he loved it here, worked hard, became an American Citizen and mastered the English language. THE LANGUAGE OF THIS LAND.

Heck, I might even put up with their stupid roosters (illegal in the CITY here) and their stupid gang related paint spray vandalizm all over - but JUST COME HERE LEGALLY and SPEAK ENGLISH!

Oh, and I read that A LOT of people from the UK are leaving there - moving out of the UK to France, Italy, Canada, US etc. They can't take it anymore... (my husband is one but he left there because he loves it here better - not so much on the immigration thing going on - however, his family now wants to move here! LOL )

Edited by Cinders

The troublemakers may indeed be a minority - in comparison with the overall numbers. However, their impact has an effect out of proportion to their numbers. There are area's where a white person - of either gender - would be very foolish to go after dusk. I would site Streatham (London), St Pauls (Bristol), St. Annes (Nottingham), certain area's of Bradford, and the industrial estate I work on in Leicester.

Through this site and numerous other news outlets I have heard quite a lot about the immigrant problems plaguing a number of European nations and down under we also have our own problems with a minority of immigrants. For example, in Victoria Sudanese gangs have formed in a few areas and have caused considerable trouble, which has caused the government to stop allowing Sudanese immigrants into the nation. It was quite an extreme reaction but many from Sudan were struggling to fit into Australian society and until we can find a solution to this problem it simply does not make sense to accept anymore from that nation, it would only exacerbate the situation.

I am not denying the problems the UK are experiencing are significant however in my opinion chemical-licker's attitude will achieve nothing except worsen the situation. Generalisation's and anger will achieve nothing. The old and new citizens of any nation must work together to forge a future for the nation and deal with problems such as those the UK and other nations are facing.

<offers AztecInca a box of Morrisons Deluxe Mine Pies to take back to the Guild of Moderators Staff Room>

Thanks ships-cat, I shall share this amongst my fellow mods as we work together to make this the best site possible. Merry Christmas all.

Edited by AztecInca

For example, in Victoria Sudanese gangs have formed in a few areas and have caused considerable trouble, which has caused the government to stop allowing Sudanese immigrants into the nation. It was quite an extreme reaction but many from Sudan were struggling to fit into Australian society and until we can find a solution to this problem it simply does not make sense to accept anymore from that nation, it would only exacerbate the situation.

That was only an exacerbate excuse from the now gone Howard government to satisfy their racial motives. Cultural adoption doesn't magically take overnight to occur unfortunately. Add to that racial tension and hostility, and things may appear much worse than they should be. For example, as young migrants from the Netherlands, my parents at first found everything strange and new, but after a while they have now become as true blue as any Aussie.

A more important problem for Australia to consider is that unlike Europe, we are vastly underpopulated. Add to that an ever aging population and dwindling workforce such as over in Europe, leads to an inevitable need for a younger and larger workforce to sustain the economy. Now do people wonder why immigration hasn't been on hold in Europe? If not, then say goodbye to early retirements, cheap health care, and generous pensions/welfare and the like.

Thanks ships-cat, I shall share this amongst my fellow mods as we work together to make this the best site possible. Merry Christmas all.

Don't forget to include moderators in that equation as well ;)

Merry Christmas :)