Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Buddy Rich

OverSword

Incredible! My computer couldn't keep up with his hands! And in a three-piece suit, tie and long sleeve shirt!

• Like 3

The best. I've watched all of Buddy Rich's drum solos on Youtube, I think this is the one where he suffered a heart attack in the middle of the solo. You can tell when he gets off his kit.

Having a bad heart, his doctor told him if he kept performing he couldn't guarantee how long he'd live, but he kept performing anyway, though he died of after an operation to remove a brain tumor.

• Like 3

Buddy the man when I was a kid!

That is saying something! lol

Man, how long has he been around?

Edit: I just saw he was born in 1917 and passed in 1987.

Edited by ZZ430
  • Like 1

Oh my god, the drummer genuises! I could watch them play forever..

• Like 1

have an aspiring drumming genius next door - helped him carry his kit from the car - being the neighborly type, I asked, "what do you play?", he said "I'm into R&R but other stuff too...", which told me, at the time, that he was conscious of the rapidity with which R&R can BORE the crap out of a drummer - not all drummers... drummers seething with energy can overcome that: John Bonham would be one who I doubt was bored with his craft - but then he pretty much owned the genre - still does, in many ways - much as Buddy Rich Gene Krupa and several others kinda "owned" jazz drumming.

I'm more into the hand-drums, like Pancho Sanchez for instance - Mongo Santamaria is my personal lord and saviour.... so that's why this little Cuban group's drumming really moved me, in all kinds of ways, but I just really dig the rhythmic, as well as personal, chemistry:

Edited by reefearly

Not nearly as famous as all the others listed here, but I've always liked the work of Eric Carr. (RIP).

• Like 1