Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

May I have your permission to enter?

Fletcher

Hello everyone. This is my first time in posting to a forum such as this.

My name is Jack Fletcher. I have been interested in the paranormal since I was a high school student. On the morning of April 8th, 1985 I saw my mother at my school. I was running down the hall, a little late for class, and out of the corner of my eye I saw mom outside the school looking through the window. I stopped running and looked again, but she was gone. she must have gone to the office, I thought. What kind of trouble am I in now, I wondered. So instead of going to my class, I went to the principal's office to see why my Mom was here. I entered the office and the secretary was returning the phone's receiver to its cradle and looked up at me and nearly jumped out of her chair. She had just received a call from the police. My mother had been driving down route 24 and hit an oil slick. She lost control and struck a tree, killing her almost instantly.

I haven't talked much about this since high school. I was a bit of a class clown, and no one took me serious, so it was difficult to talk about ghosts or spirits without people either thinking I was joking with them, or they thought I was crazy. For the last few decades I have tried to erase it from my mind, but it has eaten at me ever since. I might wager that many of you joined this forum for the same reason that I am; to hear from people who don't think you are crazy if you believe in ghosts.

Currently, I live in Okinawa Japan, and I think I will stay here for the rest of my life. Everyone believes in the supernatural here. If you tell someone that you don't believe in ghosts, they look at you like you must be off your meds.

Two years ago I met my girlfriend, Junko. She and I have been hunting and collecting paranormal evidence on this island. It is tough, but rewarding when you catch something. I look forward to sharing this with you.

If any of you are in Okinawa or in Japan, please contact me. I would love to compare notes.

I just opened a can of Red Bull and intend to read as many threads as I can until I pass out.

Stay well and good hunting.

Jack.

• Like 2

Welcome to UM - No permission needed from us to start posting - just go for it!

I was stationed in Japan back in the 70's and got down to Okinawa several times - enjoyed it a lot...

Okinawa is a nice place except that every once and a while they ration water (or at least they did in the past)...

happy to have you here, i would be very interested in what the locals thoughts are on ghosts and your own.

Hello to you Jack. Welcome to UM :)

Greetings Mr Fletcher from a fellow newbie!

Btw those Japanese are damn clever.

Hajimemashite Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu, Jack-san.

Hi and welcome to the forum Jack. Right after my cat died I saw her ghost in my living room. I could only see her out of the corner of my eye. If I looked directly at her she would disappear. When I looked out of the corner of my eye again I could see her. I wonder why some only see spirits out of the corner of their eye while others can see them looking directly at them. Stronger spirit or the person is more in touch with spirits?

Welcome to UM - No permission needed from us to start posting - just go for it!

I was stationed in Japan back in the 70's and got down to Okinawa several times - enjoyed it a lot...

Okinawa is a nice place except that every once and a while they ration water (or at least they did in the past)...

That's right. Five years ago there were water rations. Fortunately, it has rained a lot the last few years and we have had no rationing for a long time......knock on wood.

I lived in mainland Japan (Tokyo, Yokohama, Kamakura) for about 10 years before coming to Okinawa. Once you get assimilated, Japan is not a bad place to live.

Japan is the most haunted place I've ever been .Everyone has to believe ,as its hard to miss !