Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Aliens

Maureen_jacobs

I have but a brief question. How many of you watch the Ancient Aliens series on History Channel? If so, what have you gleaned from it that has made you a believer? Or non believer?

• Like 3

Use there search function and you'll find loads about AA on the forums.

You will also find that, except to a select vocal few, the show is complete and utter BS.

LOL Definitely, what he said.

• Like 5

Use there search function and you'll find loads about AA on the forums.

You will also find that, except to a select vocal few, the show is complete and utter BS.

Semi-entertaining BS, i mean, if you have absolutely nothing better to do or need background noise it works.

Semi-entertaining BS, i mean, if you have absolutely nothing better to do or need background noise it works.

True. I like to sleep with the tv on sometimes. AA always knocks me out.

• Like 4

Virulent stupidity does tend to numb the brain, doesn't it?

• Like 3

Virulent stupidity does tend to numb the brain, doesn't it?

It's the best way to just shut your brain off and pass out. :tu:

• Like 2

It's the best way to just shut your brain off and pass out. :tu:

This works with ghost hunters too

• Like 3

I love Ancient Aliens. The "theories" (aka sci fi movie plots) are interesting. You just need to take the show as a piece of entertainment, not education. As far as information goes, AA is total bunk, and most things they present as fact are not even close to true, but it's fun to watch, nonetheless. Think of it as professional wrestling. You might have started watching it believing whole heartedly that it's true, but as you get older, it becomes painfully obvious that what you are watching is fake. Shouldn't matter, though. Most entertainment is fake anyway.

• Like 3

I watch it when its on - dont believe a word of it though :)

I think the dude George's hair may be an alien life form though :alien:

• Like 5

Search Button.

The opposite for me. That show makes my blood boil lol. I would be up all night if that came on while I was falling asleep.

• Like 4

please.. no more ancient aliens..

I dont think I could cope with another 100 odd pages from zoser about this..

• Like 7

please.. no more ancient aliens..

I dont think I could cope with another 100 odd pages from zoser about this..

Why not, unless he starts reepeating himself he is almost as good as Monty Python :devil:

• Like 1

I have but a brief question. How many of you watch the Ancient Aliens series on History Channel? If so, what have you gleaned from it that has made you a believer? Or non believer?

I have watched it and it always amazes me at the out and out lies told on the show in a way that fools people. I am not sure what bugs me the most.. that the people on the show lies sooooo much or that people watch them and take their word rather then doing simple research online!

Such a fictitious show being on the History Channel is also very confusing to me.

• Like 4

I have watched it and it always amazes me at the out and out lies told on the show in a way that fools people. I am not sure what bugs me the most.. that the people on the show lies sooooo much or that people watch them and take their word rather then doing simple research online!

Such a fictitious show being on the History Channel is also very confusing to me.

I agree. I used to love watching the history channel but it seems this is all they ever show any more, and I can't watch more than a few minutes of it without getting fed up

I love Ancient Aliens. The "theories" (aka sci fi movie plots) are interesting. You just need to take the show as a piece of entertainment, not education. As far as information goes, AA is total bunk, and most things they present as fact are not even close to true, but it's fun to watch, nonetheless. Think of it as professional wrestling. You might have started watching it believing whole heartedly that it's true, but as you get older, it becomes painfully obvious that what you are watching is fake. Shouldn't matter, though. Most entertainment is fake anyway.

Don't like wrestling either

TV wrestling is America's other original art form.

Why not, unless he starts reepeating himself he is almost as good as Monty Python :devil:

hmmnnnn...... reading posts from Zoser with Monty Python's spam song in the background? Works for me! :tu:

• Like 3

The opposite for me. That show makes my blood boil lol. I would be up all night if that came on while I was falling asleep.

I watch it with the sound off, if I watch it at all anymore. Hilarity ensues as I make up dialogue and voice-overs.

Great cinematography on some parts though.

Harte

• Like 1

I watch it with the sound off, if I watch it at all anymore. Hilarity ensues as I make up dialogue and voice-overs.

Harte

my son watches it, but only because of that giorgio guy with the weird hair, he says either the aliens gave him an anal probe or his hair thinks he is so silly it is trying to leap off his scalp...

sometimes the hair doesn't do enough though, my son who is 27 was watching the AA puma punku one and i was trying to sleep and i heard her yell at the tv.. 'you stupid lying prick, it is not made of some of the hardest substance on earth, IT IS RED SANDSTONE!!'

so i guess the hair only draws your attention for so long

Edited by willowdreams
  • Like 6

best part of that show and the reason I really enjoy it is because they show the actual artifacts and what they are talking about. As far as there beliefs im not sure. But again, the ancient artifacts and old civilizations are awesome

• Like 3

best part of that show and the reason I really enjoy it is because they show the actual artifacts and what they are talking about. As far as there beliefs im not sure. But again, the ancient artifacts and old civilizations are awesome

they do show the artifacts, i just wish they would not LIE about them.. they show the figures.. stones.. wonderful close ups, gloriously so, but then they tell bold faced lies about them that the average person does not realize is a lie.. and the average person does not go online where things are easily researched and find the truth..

I think that is the sad part.. intentional lies.. and they are intentional because the lies are obvious to anyone who spent more then 5 min on research, and if they did not spend at least some time in researching them, they should not be making shows about them implying facts.

• Like 2

Harte

If the show was sped up and the Benny Hill theme song was played over the top, then it might be alright. Haha

• Like 1

they do show the artifacts, i just wish they would not LIE about them.. they show the figures.. stones.. wonderful close ups, gloriously so, but then they tell bold faced lies about them that the average person does not realize is a lie.. and the average person does not go online where things are easily researched and find the truth..

I think that is the sad part.. intentional lies.. and they are intentional because the lies are obvious to anyone who spent more then 5 min on research, and if they did not spend at least some time in researching them, they should not be making shows about them implying facts.

I am in agreement, although I'll add that if they're showing fascinating artifacts but are lying through their teeth about the artifacts, the show is worthless from start to finish. What's the point of showing interesting things if they're presented in a blatantly fraudulent manner? The answer is simple: ratings. The dimwits who appear on Ancient Aliens don't care a whit about honesty or integrity—or about contributing to our knowledge base on ancient civilizations. They care only about ratings so they can be more famous and, for some of them, so they can sell more of their witless books.

As other shave voiced, the worst part is the gullible and naive adults who watch this flotsam and cannot exercise critical thinking, because many of them invariably end up believing Ancient Aliens is factual. I have met such people in the Egyptian exhibit where I work as a docent. They'll ask me if think the Egyptians had "help" when they made pyramids and such, the word "help" of course meaning aliens. They saw it on TV, right? So it must be true. I will honestly and flatly state no, they did not have "help." More often than not as they walk away I can hear them saying, "Well, I think they had help."

For the most part the History Channel has become a vortex of stupidity and vapidity. It is nearly entirely devoid of academic merit. Much the same is true for the Discovery Channel and other cable networks that were once of high quality. (Remember when TLC actually used to be about learning? I do.)

It's quite sad. That's why I stick to networks like PBS and the BBC for documentaries, and shows like NOVA. They still offer quality.

• Like 6