Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Remote Viewing

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    Iwanci

Iwanci

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 41 posts

• "When the student is ready the master appears"

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:38 PM

Wombat on Apr 28 2008, 06:47 PM, said:

Just because he is thinking "outside the box" doesn't mean that his views are in any way valid. In fact, operating outside the realm of reality should automatically set off an alarm in your head.

what is the realm of reality?Attached File  wow6ncju0.jpg   223.82K   8 downloads

#17    Rosewin

Rosewin

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:41 PM

Wombat on Apr 28 2008, 12:50 PM, said:

The Silva method is a ridiculous fraud.

People swear on it but I was more pointing to the visualization techniques within it rather than the whole method.

#18    Wombat

Wombat

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:57 PM

Clovis on Apr 28 2008, 07:41 PM, said:

People swear on it but I was more pointing to the visualization techniques within it rather than the whole method.

People swear by a lot of things. That doesn't make it any more or less true.

And I was talking about the whole method, including the visualization techniques.

The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

And do you think that unto such as you,
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew,
 God gave the secret, and denied it me?
Well, well, what matters it! believe that too.

Omar Khayyam

#19    John from Lowell

John from Lowell

Psychic Spy

• 1,785 posts

• Self Love Unlocks the Magic Inside

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:47 PM

Clovis on Apr 28 2008, 02:41 PM, said:

I think the pratice of visualization will assist any one with just about any goal. I found the Silva method to be sort of a re-hash of established principals in reguard to self empowerment. I would however recommend the principals presented at this link on telepathy. I thought they were very informative.
http://www.telepathycourse.com/section-1/2.html

I do think that the things people swear by, after using the Silva method, are more a result of their efforts than a result of the material presented that encouraged their efforts.

For the most part I shy away from any self-help books or training that requires the purchase of material to become empowered. The key to empowerment, from my POV, should be recognized as desire and energetic investment. The book and the principals outlined at this link can be useful, however you can not purchase skill as such, you need to do the work.

Remote Viewing is a specific method for energetic identification and potential communication. Channeling is another method of connecting with unseen energies as is prayer and reflective thinking. In many ways all of these preatices require some form of visualization to be helpful to a person. For example if you pray for something without visualizing a desireable outcome, what words would you use. Just sending light and love for a best outcome implies that the current outcome potentials are not desireable. Even the established prayers encourage a vision as a result of the word selection and the stated intent.

There is always the do nothing and hope for the best vision. Even this pratice has a potential for improvement. I would never underestimate the value of a desire.

John

What We Are Never Changes !!

Who We Are Is Always Changing !!!

#20    BlackFrost

BlackFrost

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:22 PM

John A Spera on Apr 28 2008, 04:47 PM, said:

Remote Viewing is a specific method for energetic identification and potential communication.

By all that I have read and understood ~ this sums up the process to the tee.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

#21    Wombat

Wombat

Psychic Spy

• 1,481 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:07 PM

BlackFrost on Apr 28 2008, 11:22 PM, said:

By all that I have read and understood ~ this sums up the process to the tee.

Great, too bad that none of it is true or makes any sense.

The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

And do you think that unto such as you,
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew,
 God gave the secret, and denied it me?
Well, well, what matters it! believe that too.

Omar Khayyam

#22    Meik

Meik

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 11:41 PM

I tried remote viewing a few times.   The first time I tried it I was laying in my bed in the dark as still as possible.    I was focusing on seeing my alarm clock to see what time it was.   After about 30 minutes with my eyes closed I saw the numbers on my clock illuminating.   Also as I saw them I gained the knowledge that they would change to the next minute in 2 seconds.   I instantly leaned over my bed to see the clock and exactly the same time I saw was on the clock, and exactly a second later it changed to the time I knew it would change to.      

I felt kind of drained after the experience, like it took hours instead of just 30 minutes.  Its not something I really enjoy doing or would look forward to.  
Apparently it is possible to remote view the past, the present, or the future, to see events or locations.

#23    boze

boze

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 12:57 PM

Wombat on Apr 28 2008, 07:16 AM, said:

That's untrue. Remote viewing is completely unsupported by any evidence at all.

There are alot of experiments dealing with RV that have been done and documented. The US government thought that much of it as to dedicate a part of military operations to the RV phenomenon. If I recall correctly the CIA had a operation funded called "Operation Stargate" a 20 million dollar government funded operation dealing with RV

There are many news articles and documents, testimonies and accounts of proven AP/RV experiences. Operation Stargate's crowning achievement came when remote viewers were able to describe in an incredible amount of detail the Soviet Union's construction of a secret missile base, which were not be seen by U2 flyovers or orbiting spy satellites. Remote viewers were able to draw highly accurate sketches of a large crane, which was constructed on railroad tracks as well as a large metallic domed structure. The drawings were substantiated by U2 spy plane flyovers and integrated human intelligence on the ground.

There are plenty of stories you can read about, here's the first link to get you on your way:

http://www.google.com/search?q=operation+s...FC_enUS227US227

This is not to bash science in any way, because really I don't see what this has to do with science------remote viewing---practiced by  systematic protocols, did produce results, that are documented----the only problem was that it was a hit and miss. Sorry, but to say there is no evidence that there is something to this phenomenon is an ignorant statement. Just take a look at a few of the 2 million plus websites that the link I gave to you produces, you'll get your documented case studies or "proof"

or you can go by your 1 wikipedia page you posted (That can be edited by a 1st grader if he wanted to.)

Edited by boze, 11 May 2008 - 01:00 PM.

#24    AngelOfMusic

AngelOfMusic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 195 posts

• Super Duper effort there, pal.

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:10 PM

Wombat, you have no evidence to say it isn't true, just as we have no evidence to say it is.  It makes perfect sense to me anyway.  You believe what you want, this post is about any experiences, not whther it's real or not.

I had an experience once, i was in bed and i woke up at a ridiculous time in the morning.  I could hear marching steps, and a schoobell ringing.  I could then hear pots and pans and loads of people murmuring, mostly girls voices, and squeals of laughter.  I guessed i was in a girls school, maybe 19th century, or early 20th?  I've had other things like that, whispers, laughter and just random noises, and sometimes i see people in a really odd way, i look again and they're completely different.

Anyway, those are my experiences, i'm not saying they're real, maybe i was just dreaming.  But i personally believe it was RV or ESP.

Angel x

You'll give your love to me, for love is blind.

The phantom of the opera is now, your mastermind

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users