Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFOs Over Texas: Floating Fireballs

Render

A strange sight in the Texas night sky over the weekend had many people talking about fireballs and alien invasions. But, alas, the real culprit has been identified, a much more Earthly one.

Police in East Liberty County got a 911 emergency call at around 8:30 p.m. on Saturday from a person reporting "red fireballs in the sky." Responding police officers, along with a dozen locals, described seeing four orange lights moving slowly in a line high in the sky. Police scopes revealed that the objects looked like hot air balloons — complete with flames — but were much smaller and did not have the signature gondola at the bottom.

Even more mysteriously, the lights were estimated to only be a few thousand feet off the ground, and yet they moved silently. No known airplane or helicopter technology could fly that low and remain so quiet. Within minutes the UFOs were gone, having disappeared into the night. They didn't fly away but instead simply blinked out of existence; some eyewitnesses thought they had vanished behind a passing cloud and would reappear at any moment, but they never did.

The Unidentified Flying Objects became IFOs when members of a nearby wedding party informed police that the floating, flaming objects were paper lanterns lit just after their ceremony. Such Chinese lanterns are made of lightweight paper and a candle that provides the heat that lifts the lanterns as well as the light that makes them glow

http://www.livescience.com/28214-ufos-over-texas-identified.html

I bet some people were left feeling a little silly.

• Like 1

Sure, until they spot another dot of light in the sky...and it's off to crazy town again.

tumblr_livwhk1UsG1qz6b3jo1_500.jpg

• Like 2

Never ceases to amaze that peeps don't know about fire lanterns or cannot identify them during observation

What gets me is how anytime a UFO is mentioned people naturally take it to mean alien craft

• 1 year later...

What gets me is how anytime a UFO is mentioned people naturally take it to mean alien craft

I was originally going to try to track down the videos of this event but it was just not worth the effort. Unfortunately even if I provided 5 videos from 5 different angles at the plant of this craft it would still only be videos that everyone would claim to be fake. It is unfortunate that pictures will never be enough to count as evidence any longer. As Carl Sagan would say extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and a video is not that. Really these pictures will be like almost all other UFO pictures and die quietly.

What Gets me Is how many Texas UFO`s we read about. And Every night Ives been looking to the Stars& Heavens not a blip ! NADA ! And to Think those many years ago In broad daylight I saw one close up and personal ! Guess Its All in the preception? :tu: