Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shattering the Myths of Darwin's Theory

Big Bad Voodoo

I didnt want that this become personal. Please discuss video.

I wasn't trying to make it personal; I was noting first and foremost the idiocies of the video. That must indeed count as discussing the video. What else need be said?

• Like 3

Well, at least now it's clear that you do deny evolutionary biology L, as much as you've been claiming otherwise. But that you really chose to display your blatant ignorance of science in the form of a video from UFOTV.com is either the bravest or the most delirious thing I think you've ever done.

Please this thread isnt about me. Lets be polite, social and friendly and discuss about video.

Very well. What about the video? In just the first minute-and-a-half it managed to make some of the most inane logical fallacies that I've ever heard. It's just more anti-evolutionist idiocy.

• Like 1

At first the video seems to sound interesting in that our methods of carbon and radioactive testing is not always accurate. I suppose even radioactivity can only go so far.

HOWEVER...for example, when he talks about the formation of coal and how timber can be turned to coal in a short amount of time under great pressure, it sounds somewhat plausible...I can consider this aspect but when he then tries to apply this same reasoning to elements that are far harder and denser such as various rocks then I start to have a problem.

Just the formation of the planet itself took quite a length of time before it coalesced and cooled so a stable atmosphere could begin to envelop the planet.

At one point it seemed that some scientists were even wondering how life could have formed on our planet so soon after it was formed until they began to realize that carbon dating can only go back so far; I figure that our planet is far older than the general 4.6 billion years. I would wager that it is closer to 10 or even 20 billion years old...maybe even older.

When I look at the rest of the solar system I cannot help but think that perhaps it is far older than we first figured; our planet may simply be the last in line, so to speak, for life to exist.

Anyways...I could only handle a few minutes of this before turning it off.

I agree that Darwins theories have been refined and fine tuned but he did lay the basic ground work and this is how it is for all theories. Once the foundation is confirmed then we can go to work developing and refining it. All theories evolve this way (excuse the pun) and they must.

• Like 2

Can polar bear become whale in given time?

A polar bear lineage could eventually produce a species which resembles a whale. Conceivably. Will a bear circle back in phylogeny and rejoin the whale clade? No. And a bear certainly won't "morph" into a whale. Ever.

Edited by Arbitran
  • Like 1

A polar bear lineage could eventually produce a species which resembles a whale. Conceivably. Will a bear circle back in phylogeny and rejoin the whale clade? No. And a bear certainly won't "morph" into a whale. Ever.

Bear can become animal that look like whale but isnt whale?

there is no such thing

So do we have evidence of evolution of todays anatomicly human?

Bear can become animal that look like whale but isnt whale?

The bear lineage could one day yield taxa which resemble whales, sure. It's conceivable. What won't happen is a bear "becoming" some other animal. Things don't morph into other things.

So do we have evidence of evolution of todays anatomicly human?

Yes, we do. And you have been shown mountains of it, repeatedly. Your sheer ignorance of it is astounding.

• Like 5

I figure that our planet is far older than the general 4.6 billion years. I would wager that it is closer to 10 or even 20 billion years old...maybe even older.

Why?

Do we have missing link?

By "missing link" I presume you are referring to transitional forms, in which case, yes, we have hundreds. Although it does depend on one's definition of transitional form. Pedantically-speaking every individual organism on Earth is a transitional form: between its parents and its offspring. As for transitional forms in the colloquial meaning, referring to taxa with traits which place them in a transitional state between larger taxonomic groupings (sacropterygians to labyrinthodonts; Theropda yielding Aves; etc.), yes, there are hundreds of them. My favorites are probably Archaeopteryx, Anchiornis, Tiktaalik, Ambulocetus, and Merychippus.

• Like 1

Things don't morph into other things.

Im confused. Isnt biologists told us that Alphaproteobacteria morphed into Mitochondria?

Yes, we do. And you have been shown mountains of it, repeatedly. Your sheer ignorance of it is astounding.

Can you do it again? Once for all. I cant recall it.

By "missing link" I presume you are referring to transitional forms, in which case, yes, we have hundreds. Although it does depend on one's definition of transitional form. Pedantically-speaking every individual organism on Earth is a transitional form: between its parents and its offspring. As for transitional forms in the colloquial meaning, referring to taxa with traits which place them in a transitional state between larger taxonomic groupings (sacropterygians to labyrinthodonts; Theropda yielding Aves; etc.), yes, there are hundreds of them. My favorites are probably Archaeopteryx, Anchiornis, Tiktaalik, Ambulocetus, and Merychippus.

1.What is missing link between me and homo heidelbergensis?

2.This is what puzzles me.

Homo heidelbergensis ("Heidelberg Man", named after the University of Heidelberg) is an extinct species of the genus Homo which may be[1] the direct ancestor of both Homo neanderthalensis in Europe and Homo sapiens.

http://en.wikipedia....heidelbergensis

May be!

Edited by the L

Im confused. Isnt biologists told us that Alphaproteobacteria morphed into Mitochondria?

No. You don't understand the process of evolution.

Can you do it again? Once for all. I cant recall it.

Here's a good place to start (I believe Imagninarynumber1 already directed you to it ages ago...): http://talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/

And here's another: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_humans

• Like 1

No. You don't understand the process of evolution.

Here's a good place to start (I believe Imagninarynumber1 already directed you to it ages ago...): http://talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/

And here's another: http://en.wikipedia....ution_of_humans

No? Well Arbitran Alphaproteobacteria morphed into Mitochondria at least thats what science tell us.

About second part can you do it in own words. I realy did read those links and didnt found answer.

Edited by the L

You don't understand the process of evolution.

Also since you are biologist you can explain it to us. What happened to that pre-bacteria?

1.What is missing link between me and homo heidelbergensis?

2.This is what puzzles me.

Homo heidelbergensis ("Heidelberg Man", named after the University of Heidelberg) is an extinct species of the genus Homo which may be[1] the direct ancestor of both Homo neanderthalensis in Europe and Homo sapiens.

http://en.wikipedia....heidelbergensis

May be!

There wasn't much of a "link" between H. heidelbergensis and us; unless you count archaic H. sapiens, which I take it you would likely include along with our particular subspecies, H. sapiens sapiens.

To me this video provided great quetions.

It did not.

Why do most people still call it Darwin's theory? If Zombie Darwin showed up, we'd have to catch him up on all the things he got wrong and all the things that have changed in the evolutionary theory. You could say the theory has 'evolved' from the Darwinian theory into something more complicated. -puts on sunglasses- YEAAAAAAAAAH!

• Like 5

Isnt homo heidelbergensis morphed into homo sapiens sapiens?

How Alphaproteobacteria morphed into Mitochondria? Or it isnt? Im confused. If not then is there also missing link there?

Edited by the L