Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spirit guide, dreams?

Koori

Lately I've been interesting in meeting my own spirit guide, but every time I try, I usually give up or nothing happens.

But now that I think about it, I think I already know him thanks to my dreams. But I've never really communicated with him when I'm awake. I'm not sure if I just don't have the patience to, or if I really focus enough, but I'm pretty sure I know who he is.

When I was little, I constantly had nightmares. In every one of those nightmares, I vaguely remember a man always being there to comfort me. He always carried me somewhere, cheered me up, or taught me how to 'wake myself up' from the bad dreams. The first dream I had when I was five. I was lost on a rainy highway, crying, scared. He walked up to me and told me that everything was ok, and if I blinked three times, I'd wake up. And it worked. Around the time I turned 10, I never really remembered or thought about it, but as of two years ago he came back, maybe because that was around the time I moved and a lot of stressful situations were constantly on my shoulders. Now it's kind of regular to see him.

Every time I dream about dying, coming close to dying or have a very traumatic, bothersome nightmare, he shows up like he did when I was little. Last week, I had a dream I got hit by a car and appeared in a big pasture after I died. I was crying, saying "I'm too young to die, I can't die yet, I didn't have time to live..." The same man walked up, with a red cap on, the same beard he had since I was little, and torn overalls. He told me, 'it's okay, you're not dead yet. You're safe.' I instantly woke up, and when I did, I somehow just KNEW that the man's name was Joe. And along with that knowledge, I felt like I really knew him in real life. I somehow knew that he's really always been there. Another dream, I was a ghost, walking around a parking lot trying to get someone's attention. Joe walked up to me, told me to follow him, and I somehow followed him into a bright light, and I woke up. I'm almost certain he's my spirit guide. And i think, since my daily life is so hectic and busy, he can only get through to me when I'm sleeping,

Has anyone had something similar like this?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John from Lowell

• eight bits

• Voyager10

• Koori

Hi, Koori. Welcome aboard.

It might help if you answered a few questions about yourself and this dream character.

Are you male, or are you female? To the decade, how old are you (teens, twenties, ...)?

And the man. When he was in your dreams as a child, was he about the same age back then as when he reappeared recently? And what age is that compared to yours (now)? Older, younger, about the same? Is the name Joe otherwise meaningful to you, in any way (not necessarily an "important way")? Before last week, were you ever curious about what his name might be?

That's a lot of questions for two people who haven't been properly introduced. I cannot resist a comment, though.

it's okay, you're not dead yet.

I like this guy already :).

Hi Koori,

Welcome to UM.

There is a saying that we are never alone. We each have one or more Spirits watching over us all the time. Your friend Joe has a style that I like - calm and collected(has it all together).

What I find most interesting is that some of us have no problem talking to our spirit friends and some of us do have a hard time making it happen. The dreams you have do help, I am sure, but it would be good if you could have a conscious conversation with your spirit helper(s). In my view and experience, there is an entire team assigned to each of us.

So Koori, I am inclined to assist with this contact effort, that is if you really want to accept the responsibilities that come with co-creating your life with Your spirit helper(s). Think about it in a reflective manner and be authentic with yourself when you do. There is always a reason for everything, so be prepared to deal with for what you wish for.

John

John, you and I are just too predictable for our own good.

Did someone say dream? Did someone say spirit guide?

linked-image

Around the time I turned 10, I never really remembered or thought about it, but as of two years ago he came back, maybe because that was around the time I moved and a lot of stressful situations were constantly on my shoulders. Now it's kind of regular to see him.

This is an interesting detail, one which I would further reflect on. I believe your spirit guide is a real, but I'm sure these emotions play a role somehow also.

John, you and I are just too predictable for our own good.

Did someone say dream? Did someone say spirit guide?

linked-image

Yes my friend, we do have similar interests.

We do have different perceptions on these subjects, to some extent, yet with these contrasts, I think it helps the posters a lot.

I worker with computers most of my life and I can appreciate a character like yourself.

John

A good and pretty easy way to get in touch with your spirit guides and other entities while awake is through dowsing. I recommend pendulum dowsing as it is most flexible and most easy to do.

Here is a good site about it including how to contact spirit guides http://www.greatdreams.com/penlearn.htm

Another good site is http://www.lettertorobin.org/Home.html (Also read "Companion Book" on link on the top menu) with great tips for the beginner.

The books by Tom Graves on dowsing are also recommended, and check his brief overview on dowsing at his website http://www.tomgraves.org/oa_uc17

As you will see different methods are used to "program" the pendulum to show what is "yes" and "No" etc, so you just chose one of them and stick to that.

Good luck and have fun, dowsing can be quite interesting and useful for tons of other purposes as well!