Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

big foot

SarahAvery

several of my friends and family believe in big foot. i on the other hand do not. i dont know why i do not but i havent found anything yet to convince me to believe in this creature. some people around my community have claimed "bigfoot sightings" but i am skeptical. i have listened to their stories with an open mind and considered the things they say. some claims were "every other country has an ape like creature native to that country, why couldnt big foot be ours?" and " big foot could be a shape shifter, which is why we havent found it" but these are not enough to convince me. i am a firm believer that imagination can take you far in the face of fear, which is why i cant believe the "sightings" and "evidence" and things that "bigfoot hunters" say they have found. i will consider everyones opinion with an open mind. but i do not believe in big foot the creature, i think it is imagination taken by the media to keep people occupied.

-just my opinion

Hi Sarah,

i think it is imagination taken by the media to keep people occupied.

What do you mean by that?

Hi Sarah,

What do you mean by that?

I think that the media blows things out of proportion to keep the public occupied, take bigfoot for instance. Recently a lot of bigfoot shows started coming on tv. why do you think that is?

I think that the media blows things out of proportion to keep the public occupied, take bigfoot for instance. Recently a lot of bigfoot shows started coming on tv. why do you think that is?

To make money. Bigfoot is a popular/sensational subject - on a par with the various ghost hunting shows. The media is run by private and public companies devoted to earning money for their shareholders. The media is not run by the government as a tool of propaganda or to keep the masses occupied.

However, I agree that the media (mainstream and cryptozoological) does largely blow things out of proportion - again because that is what people want and it sells. The story is more important than the facts...

• Like 3

The media has one objective and one objective only - to make money. They don't give a rip whether we are "occupied" unless us being occupied is profitable for them. There isn't a conspiracy to use bigfoot to distract us. They just broadcast whatever sells ad dollars and looks good to the focus groups they pitch to.

• Like 1

The media has one objective and one objective only - to make money. They don't give a rip whether we are "occupied" unless us being occupied is profitable for them. There isn't a conspiracy to use bigfoot to distract us. They just broadcast whatever sells ad dollars and looks good to the focus groups they pitch to.

Im not saying that media uses bigfoot to distract us. But I have another theory about media and public distractions it would be for another forum, i might post that one later today.. Big foot is just not something i believe in...Yet. There have been several sighting around my community as i said earlier so maybe if i go looking i will find what i need to see.

My opinion is that I totally agree that there is no known good evidence of bigfoot, but... I also think there is some kind of phenomena that is behind people seeing, hearing and interacting with what they believe is bigfoot. So in a sense bigfoot is real, to those that believe in him. Because though BF might not be physical, those people experienced something....

• Like 1

Hi Sarah,

You say you don't believe and that's your right just as it's the right of your family and friends to believe because they have had encounters.

It's a bit hypocritical though when you admit that maybe you should go out looking, before making those decisions especially about those that are close to you, I would hope someone close to me, numerous as you say people close to you wouldn't lie to your face. Also it takes dedication, a quick walk through the forest would be a million to one shot of having an encounter.

Also were the people in fear when they had their encounter or are you just assuming like most that it must be terrifying to see a BF?

I agree with you on the media presence, the shows that come out seem to be a load of crap, I think I've watched 5 minutes here or there, they are just totally ridiculous.

On here I talk about taking a Bigfoot if I ever encountered one, but what would I actually do if I encountered one? I've seen many a tough guy say what he'd do when the bullets start to fly and then saw all they did was cower in the bottom of a trench crying like a baby. Then they had to live with that the rest of their tour and carry the memory for the rest of their lives. Truth is no one knows how they will react when they encounter something like that. I'm open to the possibility that there could be Bigfoots, but that is based on what two friends of mine told me they encountered. I knew both of these guys personally, both were ex military and one was a cop and neither one could pull the trigger when they saw the critter. Both for the same reason, "It looked like a human.".

I've never seen one or found any evidence of one, I did encounter a nasty smell once like nothing I've ever encountered before, but that is hardly proof of anything other than a nasty smell. So I consider myself "open" on the subject. However, the evidence that is available now is marginal at best and what there is is very possibly hoaxed or at least could easily be hoaxed.

hello evry buddy im new to this and my friend told me that ther is a bigfoot or sasquach as hes called hybrid with a chupacabra known as a chuapsquach and was wondering if this is true ad how much of a threat it would be to humans ans if it would more aggresive toward ppl

A "chuapsquach"? Really?

This is one of those I honestly am at a lost for how to respond.

Edited by keninsc

I must be living a very quiet life in N.C. for I haven't heard this tale before.

• Like 1

I haven't heard of that one either, I'm afraid. Do you have a link or something we could read up on it?

Chupasquatch? What's next uni-squatch? Draco-sqatch? Ness-squatch?

It would be a terrifying hybrid though... With that toughened thich leathery naked skin and extra long claws, and spines down its back. With a mouth full of needle like blood guzzling teeth.

Sounds like a Windigo actually. Or a furless werewolf.

• Like 1

Chupasquatch? What's next uni-squatch? Draco-sqatch? Ness-squatch?

It would be a terrifying hybrid though... With that toughened thich leathery naked skin and extra long claws, and spines down its back. With a mouth full of needle like blood guzzling teeth.

Sounds like a Windigo actually. Or a furless werewolf.

Maybe that was "Daisy". She wasn't let free for health reasons. She ate them all and escaped! That would explain the disappearance nonexistence of the "team".

Lesson learned: Misnomers can be deadly!

hello evry buddy im new to this and my friend told me that ther is a bigfoot or sasquach as hes called hybrid with a chupacabra known as a chuapsquach and was wondering if this is true ad how much of a threat it would be to humans ans if it would more aggresive toward ppl

Hey JC, welcome to UM. :tu:

Honestly I think your friend may be pulling your leg. First, Bigfoot has never been definitively proven to exist, neither has the Chupacabra. That being the case, how would anyone know if some creature was actually a hybrid of these two cryptids? And I'll not even get into the difficulties of cross species hybridization to begin with.

• Like 1

I agree with you on the media presence, the shows that come out seem to be a load of crap, I think I've watched 5 minutes here or there, they are just totally ridiculous.

Could you please explain how your claims and evidence are superior to those that appear on Finding Bigfoot?

Hey JC, welcome to UM. :tu:

Honestly I think your friend may be pulling your leg. First, Bigfoot has never been definitively proven to exist, neither has the Chupacabra. That being the case, how would anyone know if some creature was actually a hybrid of these two cryptids? And I'll not even get into the difficulties of cross species hybridization to begin with.

Hey! You let him mix that fictitious DNA anyway he wants to......it's a free......uhm...........actually I don't think it's free any more. I think there's a charge now.

Never mind.

• Like 1

Could you please explain how your claims and evidence are superior to those that appear on Finding Bigfoot?

Did I say that they were superior? I said the show (well all up I may have watched 20 minutes of it) was crap. All I ever saw was I think 4 people at night looking **** scared making calls and then when they possibly get some movement/ sound they thrash about like idiots running directly for the spot rather than shutting up and listening for further activity which could be anything (I don't know the wildlife in the US, only Australia).

So once again I'll repeat I'm not saying anything I've put forward is superior and if people want to feel what I say is crap feel free, it doesn't bother me. And before you ask my last year has been really bad and I haven't had a chance to do any active in the field work.

Also to the x breed sassy/ chupa, I'm not even going to go there. :whistle:

• Like 1

My opinion is that I totally agree that there is no known good evidence of bigfoot, but... I also think there is some kind of phenomena that is behind people seeing, hearing and interacting with what they believe is bigfoot. So in a sense bigfoot is real, to those that believe in him. Because though BF might not be physical, those people experienced something....

Hi, Die,, long time no see. I've been away.

No, good evidence..? Good golly Miss Molly! LOL

Reports of BF in North America go back 50 thousand years.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps