Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Obama cancels talks with Putin

obama putin russia us

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#46    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:50 PM

The religious conflicts is where we need to have our attention....in my humble opinion.

Nothing stirs insanity quite like religion does.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#47    travelnjones

travelnjones

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:41 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 07 August 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

We have suppliers as long as they are confident that they will get something in return. If there is a new cold war that could take a long, long time. So, think again.

And 3D printing will destroy nothing, just because you can print a car does not mean that you made BMW obsolete, they will just sell you a program to print a BMW. Just as CAD and CAM have not made engineering obsolete.

3d printing is first going to destory manufactoring of every hand held lump of plastic first.  Places like vietnam, china and other emerging economies that make random plastic things are going to see that market vaporized.  Every gumball machine full of junk toys and supermarket toys will be the first things that become 3d printed.  Any sort of vinyl figurine, game pieces and random paper clips.

Next will come the economical printing small circuits within object's.  Things like egg timers and flashlights will be printed.  Things like keyboards and mice will be 3d printed.  This will happen at a store probably like radio shack at first then move into the home.

Anything 4x4x4 is going to fall into the realm of 3d printing.  The BMW or a house no they will not be printed.  Large means uneconomical in 3d printing.  But any economy relying of the production of "Crap" for resale will be very vulnerable.  Workmanship will become further valued and something like a wll consturcted car should be safe from 3d printing

#48    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,287 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

View Posttravelnjones, on 07 August 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

3d printing is first going to destory manufactoring of every hand held lump of plastic first.  Places like vietnam, china and other emerging economies that make random plastic things are going to see that market vaporized.  Every gumball machine full of junk toys and supermarket toys will be the first things that become 3d printed.  Any sort of vinyl figurine, game pieces and random paper clips.

Next will come the economical printing small circuits within object's.  Things like egg timers and flashlights will be printed.  Things like keyboards and mice will be 3d printed.  This will happen at a store probably like radio shack at first then move into the home.

Anything 4x4x4 is going to fall into the realm of 3d printing.  The BMW or a house no they will not be printed.  Large means uneconomical in 3d printing.  But any economy relying of the production of "Crap" for resale will be very vulnerable.  Workmanship will become further valued and something like a wll consturcted car should be safe from 3d printing

If you exclude China and the Third World there is nobody building "crap", way to expensive to do so in any advanced enough society. And neither China nor the Third World will be a problem for a long time. They have issues of their own to solve first. The problems will surge there where they actually do have an advanced industrial basis.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#49    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:10 PM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 07 August 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

Going on Jerry Springer would paint him as human too, but it would still be just as unprofessional for The President Of The United States to do such a thing!!
It's not his job to 'be human'. His job is to present himself as a professional world leader.

George Bush was just as guilty of this by going on Dr. Phil when he was in office as well as Clinton going on Letterman while Clinton still held the presidency.

Really?  But it's OK for any political party leader to act human when they go canvassing for votes in the running for office? I've seen them all at it, its all part of reaching out to the public, and showing a more human side, but now this is some sort of crime?

I cannot understand why anyone would think it is a big deal for any political leader to chill out a bit on a talk show?  

Do political leaders need to walk around as if they have a hot poker up their backsides?

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 07 August 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

The world laughs at us Americans I'm sure. How embarrassing.

Hardly likely...Unless they are sad human beings with nothing better to do and are easily amused, lights on and no one home, then yea they might laugh..  ...  He cancelled a meeting,and I am sure he isn't the first to cancel a meeting.. He will see him  at the G-20 summit, just not a one to one..  I think he was advised to cancel, and there were a good few reasons, for something like that wouldn't be a mere - I just can't be bothered!!...There are always a few reason reasons ...  It happens...You may well see something come up in the near future, who knows?

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 08 August 2013 - 12:04 AM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#50    ZOD

ZOD

Future Leader of Earth

• 4,996 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:44 AM

for all we know, they may have canceled and decided to go grab some McD's next week due to scheduling conflicts.

It's not like they tell us everything, nor should they

Battle isn't wordplay.  It's skill and precision.  Get it? I'm better.

#51    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

The Obama administration comes across as a petulant child.

When it doesn't come across as the assassin of the world.

#52    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:37 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 08 August 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

The Obama administration comes across as a petulant child.

When it doesn't come across as the assassin of the world.

I was thinking the same thing. I guess Obama doesn't want to play with Putin....Now go suck your thumb Obama and call for Mom...
:)

#53    HollyDolly

HollyDolly

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

While,they aren't above us, I guess the point being they appear on talk shows. But these aren't shows such as Meet the Press,etc.etc.Instead it's Leno,or Letterman or whomever.And while it shows presidents  as human maybe, there still is a dignity to the office of president that should be upheld. Why is he delaying talks with Putin?
Is it he doesn't know how to deal with him and this whole Snowden thing?Putin maybe holding on to Snowden for something or someone more important and of more use to the russians.When and if he gets whatever he wants, Putin most likely turn over Snowden,unless he just wants to hang onto him to make Obama look like a idiot.
Frankly, he is way out of his league in dealing with a guy like Putin.

#54    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• 1,587 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:23 PM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 07 August 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

The world laughs at us Americans I'm sure. How embarrassing.

Speaking for myself, I don´t laugh at you. I just shake my head and wonder what went wrong. :no:

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#55    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:56 PM

Obama is acting like a child over this. First, Snowden didn't reveal anything, most of us didn't already know or suspect was going on. Second, Putin only issued Snowden a visa for a year. I repeat, a year. If Putin really wanted to make Obama mad, he would have given Snowden unconditional asylum, but he didn't. Obama is just throwing a hissy fit, as usual when he doesn't get his way....

#56    ZOD

ZOD

Future Leader of Earth

• 4,996 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

View PostHollyDolly, on 08 August 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

While,they aren't above us, I guess the point being they appear on talk shows. But these aren't shows such as Meet the Press,etc.etc.Instead it's Leno,or Letterman or whomever.And while it shows presidents  as human maybe, there still is a dignity to the office of president that should be upheld.

No one watches meet the press.

Battle isn't wordplay.  It's skill and precision.  Get it? I'm better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users