Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

Isn't a "free" internet wonderful?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#46    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

View Postwoopypooky, on 17 March 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

we paid for internet either fibre optic or broadband.

As for how things like this forum are free, well...they get money from advertisers.

think about television, there many many free channels as well.

I'm not quite sure if you agree or disagree, because although you point out that the likes of this forum is "free", because they get money from advertisers, you do not go on to make the point that it is us who pay for the advertising, (advertising costs are part of the price you pay for every product, so every timr you buy something, you go some way to supporting the advertising industry and all the things that it supports such as TV) so if you go round the whole loop, it is, in fact, we who are paying for this forum.

This is the trickiness of knowing what is going on in our world: these huge loops that transfer money from one place to another, and then to another and another and another, apparently totally unrelated place, make it possible for business to dupe people into thinking they are getting things for free etc.

Edited by pantodragon, 18 March 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#47    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,943 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

View Postpantodragon, on 18 March 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

No, it's more than hypothesis, it's actually personal experience of the business world.
It's a Conspiracy Theory, plain and simple.  Truthfully, it belongs in the Conspiracies section of the board more than here, but for the sake of continuity I'll leave it where it is for now.

Of course, no one who believes in a Conspiracy Theory actually thinks of it as a Conspiracy Theory.  They think of it as the truth, and anyone who disagrees has bought into the lies and the dogma of the status quo.  So I don't expect you to think of this as a Conspiracy.  But nevertheless, it is.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#48    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 18 March 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

It's a Conspiracy Theory, plain and simple.  Truthfully, it belongs in the Conspiracies section of the board more than here, but for the sake of continuity I'll leave it where it is for now.

Of course, no one who believes in a Conspiracy Theory actually thinks of it as a Conspiracy Theory.  They think of it as the truth, and anyone who disagrees has bought into the lies and the dogma of the status quo.  So I don't expect you to think of this as a Conspiracy.  But nevertheless, it is.

I don't expect you to understand, but nevertheless, it isn't.  However, let me attempt a simple explanation.  Businessmen are all one kind of animal.  When you see a herd of deer all running off in the one direction, or a flock of birds wheeling and maneouvering as one, you do not call it a conspiracy.  They're all behaving the same because they are all the same kind of animal.  If you continue to call this a conspiracy, then that is because of your failure to see the SIGNIFICANT differences between things which are distinct.  This is a sickness of our society.  On another thread I've have just been trying to persuade commenters that there is a distinction between teachers and parents.  Someone needs to explain to government that a business and an educational institution are significantly different.  I could go ojn and list motre and more instances of where people are loosing the ability to distinguish between things which are significantly different.

Edited by pantodragon, 21 March 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#49    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,387 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

If you are a smart guy interested in having a beautiful wife, large home, plenty of money, respect in the community, but aren't much interested in solving the world's problems, and are deciding what profession to go into, what do you become?  Why of course, you go to law school.

There are perhaps a few idealistic lawyers, but they are in it for the money mainly.  This doesn't nearly as much apply to other professions.

#50    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

I don't think pantodragon is a very happy person.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#51    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,387 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

I would put being happy about tenth or so on my list of objectives in life.

#52    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,262 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

Have you noticed its all her opinions? no facts of any kind presented

#53    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 21 March 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

Have you noticed its all her opinions? no facts of any kind presented

That is exactly right.  Welcome to the world of UNDERSTANDING, i.e. this is not the world of knowledge or information.

#54    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

View Postpantodragon, on 25 March 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

That is exactly right.  Welcome to the world of UNDERSTANDING, i.e. this is not the world of knowledge or information.

Posted Image

#55    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,783 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

View Postpantodragon, on 07 March 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

You  think you want the product.  You think you are happy to pay for it. Basically you have succumbed to the advertising, and are unaware of just how excessive the charges really are.
So you're saying I should live alone on an island growing my own food for the duration of my life?

You can use your argument for any product ever made. I don't have time to research and develop everything I want myself, so I buy it.

How do you even have a computer? You got roped in bad by buying that sucker and not making it yourself... :no:

Posted Image

#56    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

View PostTimonthy, on 04 April 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

So you're saying I should live alone on an island growing my own food for the duration of my life?

You can use your argument for any product ever made. I don't have time to research and develop everything I want myself, so I buy it.

How do you even have a computer? You got roped in bad by buying that sucker and not making it yourself... :no:

You're missing the right way to deal with things: if you refuse to buy a bad product then the manufacturers will have to pull their socks up.  It's about standing up on your hind legs and having some self-respect, not letting them dump any old **** on you that they choose, then make you pay for it to boot.

#57    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• 2,080 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

Oh panto, the internet really did a number on you huh. Some people just can't handle technology and information. Maybe go on a trip to an island ... away from computers ... you need some rest.

#58    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostRender, on 04 April 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

Oh panto, the internet really did a number on you huh. Some people just can't handle technology and information. Maybe go on a trip to an island ... away from computers ... you need some rest.

:no:  You have rendered me speechless.

Edited by pantodragon, 08 April 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#59    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,901 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

View Postpantodragon, on 08 April 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

:no:  You have rendered me speechless.

Praise the Lord for he is merciful! Posted Image

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#60    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:30 PM

I bought the equipment in which to be able to use the Internet. I pay my electrics to be able to turn on my equipment to get on the Internet. I pay my ISP to be able to access the Internet.

There are things that are on the Internet that are labeled as 'free', but each time we sign up for it, we usually end up giving away some of our rights to privacy.
So, just because we may not be paying directly, we are paying with a little piece of our soul, integrity and civil liberties.

There was a recent episode of Dr. Who about the Internet and 'the cloud database.'
Made me wonder.
Yes, I'll say it. I think it's possible. We are such a click easy society now!

(Yes, I realise I just typed that on a forum that is on the Internet. But, I assure you that I am totally click-savvy! )

Kind Regards ;)

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users