Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The murder of Cheri Jo Bates

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#121    puridalan

puridalan

Mystical as a Unicorn...

• 3,844 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:49 PM

That would be the bank, I looked on google maps and i remember tellng you a long time ago that the other place was right next to a school, well it shows another college right beside it, I think that's a match.

O, I just wanted to check out more, and as I kept zooming out, also another verfication was the beaches we talked of earlier..seems to be a very good match, or at least a good start, great job jon!

Edited by puridalan, 25 September 2010 - 07:51 PM.

#122    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:02 PM

lol i did nothing but follow your instructions, Pur, so all the credit in the world go to you...I know Canyon Crest was a popular place for the young people of Riverside....like you said the area had beaches, a college...So i'm sure Cheri Jo had friends there or i'm sure she went there many time...I'll look into this. Thanks again Pur.

#123    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

• “Truth is an experience not a belief"

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:33 PM

Well done you two, that's an exciting advancement.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#124    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:36 AM

Thank you Supagirl.

Again just talking about the case is important, searching the more informations possible is important; the case will be cold for 44 years, nobody cares about it, nobody talks about it...So at least we are trying to find other informations about the murder.

I'll try to find out if indeed Cheri Jo had some friends or had a past in Canyon Crest. It's more than possible, Cheri Jo liked to go to the beach and Canyon Crest have two of the more popular beaches in Riverside. Same thing for the College....Maybe Cheri Jo had friends who went to this college. I know she was a very popular girl so a link can be made there. I'll come back with the information. Puri, Supagirl if you feel/see something new please share of course, don't be shy...Same thing for you Sly, if you want to add something you are welcome.
Here's a new pic, from the RCC campus. The pic was taken days before the murder of Cheri Jo.

Posted Image

Edited by JonathanVonErich, 26 September 2010 - 03:41 AM.

#125    puridalan

puridalan

Mystical as a Unicorn...

• 3,844 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:51 PM

I am getting a few things, first in the picture I got 2 days prior, to her death and it was showing me the same man. This man had her death plan it was not randomnized I talked about him bring the brains, but this picture lets me see that this didn't just occur, this man sought out his  target days possibly even weeks before...meaning he sought this person out by going to the same locations. He wanted to probably kill her for months but didn't start actually going to locations till a few weeks before.

Also randomly not sure if this is important I am just saying everything I get, six days before her murderer I am also being a shown a baseball game, her team loses, not  sure what her team is they just lose. I am just getting a pitcher that is wearing a white and dark blue vertical striped uniform. In this picture I am also getting a friend, don't think he had anything to do with the murder but he seems to have a birthday near Cheri's idk his birthday is in May,  so he bragged about being older than her as a joke, this guy is a science nerd majorly, he had glasses as well, and he loved biology especailly. After going on campus, going off campus she went with a few of her female friends to go to this burger joint, she took off the pickles apparently shes not a pickle fan, just 2 of them, and she added on some mustard. There was a waiter there who had black greesed back hair cute looking, and hazel brown eyes who was getting cheri's order, one of her friends already had a boyfriend at  the time, his name from what I am getting was Ronald..could be donald..but sounds like ronald.

Back on track, they were also making plans to go up to the cabin thing, a few months ahead of time, she was talking about "spring time" and them going up to the cabins staying there by this lake, not sure waht lake it is but it doesn't seem all that far. They had been to this lake several time sover the years, float on on tubes ect, very common. The water this time of year in the spring I felt when she jumped in is not hot, but a bit chilly actually. They never did make it up there that spring because obviously she had died. I just got the word:Daton.

During this day they were eating the burgers back at the scene, she was wearing a whitish small scarf thing around her neck pointy ends, with a pink sleeveless dress, thick wide straps that had big wide poka dots on it. She actually did not have that many things pink, but this one was one of them, she was wearing a weird brown shoe with it..but whatever floats your boat I guess. There was also a dog there on campus for a short bit, it was outside and it was a male black lab, a little bit chunky.

Back to the biology kid, she was also just talking to him again was a friend, but she also stopped by and was asking him about math questions, I see this bc she had a notepad and was writing some of the things down he was saying I actually believe part of it was geometry. She wasn't huge on math, she was telling me she liked to read a lot more than ever doing math.

Okay well that is all I got at the moment, not sure if that helps but whatever.

Edited by puridalan, 26 September 2010 - 03:53 PM.

#126    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:05 PM

Thanks a lot Puri, amazing stuff again...Even if some informations are not important to the case you still can share, it's always interesting.

You said you got "Daton"
I have found a place called Dalton, near Shaver Lake, in California. it's a little place where a lot of young people came to go to the Lake, came for camping... So it's very interesting. Shaver Lake is near Fresno, about 200 miles from LA.

Again it's a very interesting link. Cheri Jo's best friend was named Stephanie, sadly we don't know if she's still alive and if so where she lives. She told an investigator a long time ago that Cheri Jo had lots of friends, mostly female, and that she was very popular with boys, maybe the biology kid was another boy who had a crush on cheri Jo.

I found out that the "Jo" of Cheri Jo is for Josephine. So her complete name is Cheri Josephine Bates, if this can help.

Cheri had a dog, called Jiggs.

And you were right about maths, Puri...Stephanie or Joseph once told a reporter that she was a very good student, mostly in english, but she wasn't real good in maths. So great match Puri, you were right on.And yes she liked to read a lot. She liked novels.

Edited by JonathanVonErich, 26 September 2010 - 07:53 PM.

#127    puridalan

puridalan

Mystical as a Unicorn...

• 3,844 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:00 PM

Even if hte guy had a crush, to me he was more of a friend if anything they had known eachother for a few years I want to say almost five exactly. But I don't think anyone really cares about that. If you got any other info you wish to give like pictures..or wish me to see something feel free to ask or inbox me.

#128    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:47 PM

Ok, thanks Puri.

I found this. In November 1967, a suspicious letter was received by the local newspaper, however its origin is unknown. No "Patricia Hautz" has been located.

Posted Image

What do you think, Puri ?? do you think it was a hoax or a letter written by one of the killer ?? Do you feel/see if "Patricia Hautz" was an alias for the woman who was there that night, or maybe even her real name ??

#129    puridalan

puridalan

Mystical as a Unicorn...

• 3,844 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:57 PM

I know the person is alive as right away I got the word CA and now that this indeed was a real letter written by someone in CA..so in that way it was not a hoax..this person is very real. And is female. This patricia person though did not kill her, this seriously was just a concerned citizen if you will, probably actually studying in psychology and communications. This Patricia lady has no malintent, and is not anyone to be concerned of as in a possible murder suspect she is not. Hope that helps.

I believe she either died or moved though bc I was given the date of 1985, and another location to the east out near kentucky. Again I don't think this lady is of any concern.

Edited by puridalan, 27 September 2010 - 10:58 PM.

#130    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:35 PM

Ok, thank you Puri.

Here are two pictures of Cheri Jo's car. Notice Cheri Jo's library books on the passenger seats in the second picture.

Posted Image Posted Image

And this is a picture of the library, the day after her murder.
Posted Image

Sorry, they are very small pictures, i can't find bigger ones. Thanks to T. Voigt.

So i don't have a lot to share with you now, but i have two or three things on the way. Thanks for sharing what you see/feel Pur, at least we are talking about it. Some investigators are still trying to search for Cheri Jo's brother and her friend Stephanie.

Edited by JonathanVonErich, 27 September 2010 - 11:51 PM.

#131    puridalan

puridalan

Mystical as a Unicorn...

• 3,844 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:35 AM

Her name didn't happen to be Stephanie, Deloris...bc I just got a name of Deloris and was curious about that. Also there was a man's name I am getting called Pepsinger..it is not spelled exactly like that but sounds like pepsin haha like the anti-acid.

For some reason with the car, I was getting this address or place rather in two words Oakly Montague.
So the closest thing I got with that was Montague Ave Oakley CA 94561...that is about seven hours away from riverside..I believe

For soem reason that address kept popping up in my mind, also the house that I was seeing had a black motorcycle out front of the place, it had studs on it, ceretainly back in the day but I would again associate it more with the 80s look to it, and the house was one story, had terracotta like stucco to the outside off white creme colour, and had some orange/red small flowers onthe outside basket sills. That is what I actually got all from the car.

Okay this is going to sound weird, but I think in the car she actually had left some food that  she had not eaten in the bottom passanger side of the car, it was like half of something that had not been eaten, if I am identifying correctly it is part of a peanut butter sandwhich. She also had some mannuels she was looking at, one of them was actually for her mother, in reguards to her mothers health..not sure what that was about, but she was actually worried about her mothers health for some odd reason.

Okay, this was the last alternative but I actually think I am right on asking where her body was specifically, she gave me an important address by the name of Colanda, I know this is spelled right because I asked her to spell it out for me very carefully, which wasn't easy but I believe this for some reason to be one of the most important addresses. Okay, well I did some research of my own the only Colanda..that it gave me on google maps was about an hour west of riverside. It was colanda investments, I then called the company up a few minutes ago, they told me their private business which is 100,000 sq feet did not exist until the 80s, but before that was a "miragh hotels". So this is odd because both the bike and the company are both in the 80s connection..so the next question is why is she making me see the 80s why is it so important with all these address that seem to releate to that even though she was killed in the late sixties. Perhaps that is where the killer moved to during those times, it is far enough aaway I would suppose. But that would be a place to certainly do some more research in hope that helps.

The library pic is really way to small to even get anything off of thanks thou

#132    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:54 PM

Thanks again.

We know her best friend was a girl named Stephanie....maybe Deloris was another friend, she had a lot of friends.

I have found a picture of Cheri Jo's former house at 4195 Via San Jose:

Posted Image

I have found an article where the author say that Canyon Crest was a very popular spot for Students from RCC college, the college where Cheri Jo was a student. So it's a very interesting link, and i will search more about it. I still think Canyon Crest is a very important clue in the case. The more i'm looking into it the more i can find links between the place and Cheri Jo. I'll have more in the coming weeks. I have a lot of stuff to do at School, the pressure is unbelievable but i will find the time to look in the case.

#133    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:35 PM

Tomorrow, October 30, will be the 44 years "anniversary" of the murder of Cheri Josephine Bates. Cheri Jo lost her life 44 years ago at the age of 18. She was a girl with a very bright future ahead of her, she was a girl who loved life and loved people. She was a very good student, very serious, the kind of girl everybody like. She was a really nice person. Sadly the only thing she will be remembered for is for being the victim of this horrible crime, the victim of the only unsolved crime in Riverside history. I first read about the case 10 years ago, when i was 15 years old, and for some reasons this case has always been important to me. I can't believe this case has been cold for a long 44 years.....

So tomorrow try to have a thought for Cheri Jo and her family. She is more than a murder victim. She was a beautiful woman with a very bright future. Thanks folks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#134    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 11,155 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:42 AM

So sad and no closer to knowing why this girl's life was taken all those years ago.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#135    WORKING CLASS AL

WORKING CLASS AL

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:35 PM

View PostJonathanVonErich, on 27 September 2010 - 09:47 PM, said:

Ok, thanks Puri.

I found this. In November 1967, a suspicious letter was received by the local newspaper, however its origin is unknown. No "Patricia Hautz" has been located.

Posted Image

What do you think, Puri ?? do you think it was a hoax or a letter written by one of the killer ?? Do you feel/see if "Patricia Hautz" was an alias for the woman who was there that night, or maybe even her real name ??

J.V.E.--PURI.

See I kinda got a "taunting" feeling almost from the Patricia letter.  To refer to a murder in a very small area of CA. --Riverside was much, much smalltown type thing in the late 60's--anyway it just seemed weird.  Plus with Zodiac being known for taunting , I woulda leaned the other way.  My Daughter's being one of the most precious things in my life.....it really spooks mme that PURI. got the killer stalking and lurking, with Cheri going on about the business of being a typical college girl.  J.V.E.---didn't most of the Zodiac Female victims have Blonde or lighter colored hair.  I don't recall if there were any physical similarities  of the Female victims...maybe you do.

PURI,
Do you get that Zodiac was one single killer or more than one...maybe connected to each other or copycat?  He felt very smug about never being caught until the day he died....didn't he?

Al

Let’s drink to the causes in your life:
Your Family, your Friends, the Union , your Wife

“ Boys on the dock”
The Dropkick Murphys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users