Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is This the End of Men ?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

• “Truth is an experience not a belief"

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:36 PM

View PostFlyingAngel, on 26 September 2011 - 04:14 PM, said:

I'm sure facing against a ghost prank, women always stay behind. When facing dangers, men win.

You probably say that because that's how TV and Hollywood make it look with these ghost hunting shows.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#32    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:51 PM

View PostAnVil, on 26 September 2011 - 06:36 PM, said:

You probably say that because that's how TV and Hollywood make it look with these ghost hunting shows.
That's how it works. Women seem to show more intellectual. But against "unknown" things, they are weaker than man.

Men lead most of big companies in the world. Women may be intelligent but still too weak to try something new, less risky to try something no one has ever do.

#33    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• 1,228 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:50 PM

View PostFlyingAngel, on 26 September 2011 - 06:51 PM, said:

That's how it works. Women seem to show more intellectual. But against "unknown" things, they are weaker than man.

Men lead most of big companies in the world. Women may be intelligent but still too weak to try something new, less risky to try something no one has ever do.

Those men who 'lead companies' are not in these positions because of their muscles, but because of their brains. Weak women are a stereotype, one would hardly describe women like Thatcher, Golda Meir, Indira Ghandi...etc.as weak. They are not 'typical' examples of common women, but still, had women in general been weak, and are not 'catching up', the topic of this thread would have been moot! To a large extent the sytereotype of the weak, meek woman, is a cultural creation and a result of societal pressures; nurture not nature.

#34    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

• “Truth is an experience not a belief"

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:59 PM

View PostFlyingAngel, on 26 September 2011 - 06:51 PM, said:

Men may dominate in the work place, but as for what constitutes as "leader" qualities, that can surely be found in either gender and is not just a gender specific thing. Also If females are held back by the so called glass ceiling then it is not entirely accurate to just look at the fact more men run companies.
http://www.guardian....exists-top-jobs

Maybe a fairer way to look at this is to look at the ratio gap between male - female entrepreneurs, because perhaps females are on a fairer playing field. The article shows that female entrepreneurism is on the rise. The gap is narrowing.
http://www.startups....-the-facts.html

Males are generally more risk taking, that i do agree with, and the article points out that 1/3 of women don't want to take the risk, so that is supported. More businesses are started by males which makes sense.  I argue though that the traits to succeed and do well with leadership is not gender specific.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#35    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:07 PM

View PostSpid3rCyd3, on 23 September 2011 - 01:23 PM, said:

Feminine doesn't equal weak in women, in men however, it does.

I don't think so. I've been referred to as feminine many times. I'm not flamboyant, well not in the stereotypical way. I think possessing empathy and knowledge for both sexes is an amazing trait. Survival of the fittest. Homophobes wouldn't do well in a gay bar, etc. We should all try to be united and stop building walls that stop us from blossoming into a great culture. Some of us are there already, in the greatness. Loved and respected, but hated by many. Why does this seem so wrong?

Back to the point.. While being both feminine and masculine, I find surviving easier and opportunities present themselves more-so, then say, when I hid my feminine side. I'm am strong mentally, emotionally and physically. Not weak by any means. Now are you referring to physical strength or social status among men??? Either way, opinion isn't fact. I've met feminine gay men who lift weights and who are emotionally stable. They also contribute to our society.

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#36    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• 1,106 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:42 PM

View PostAnVil, on 26 September 2011 - 07:59 PM, said:

Men may dominate in the work place, but as for what constitutes as "leader" qualities, that can surely be found in either gender and is not just a gender specific thing. Also If females are held back by the so called glass ceiling then it is not entirely accurate to just look at the fact more men run companies.
http://www.guardian....exists-top-jobs

Maybe a fairer way to look at this is to look at the ratio gap between male - female entrepreneurs, because perhaps females are on a fairer playing field. The article shows that female entrepreneurism is on the rise. The gap is narrowing.
http://www.startups....-the-facts.html

Males are generally more risk taking, that i do agree with, and the article points out that 1/3 of women don't want to take the risk, so that is supported. More businesses are started by males which makes sense.  I argue though that the traits to succeed and do well with leadership is not gender specific.

Also, I happen to know that big organizations such as schools and such specifically deal with female and minority businesses to even out the playing field which could also be a big contribution to female entrepreneurship success.  

It seems that the more I look around in society, the more it's geared towards extreme misandry and portraying men of all colors as detestable, bumbling, obsolete morons.

#37    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:44 PM

In fact, I have a feeling that if Lehman Brothers was Lehman Brothers and Sisters, they might still be around.

—Arianna Huffington

Boy vs girl is foolish when they should work together. Also there is nothing wrong with sensitivity in a male. It is no surprise macho men feel this way but when women feel that way too they are usually the type who enjoy being around the guys, doing guy things, knowing about guy things, and in a sense are the opposite of the man with feminine traits, they are a female with masculine traits. Honestly though gender is a social construct and it is best to have a blend of both masculine and feminine traits in every individual.

#38    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,288 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:41 PM

A woman's gain doesn't automatically equal a man's loss.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#39    Blackwhite

Blackwhite

Psychic Spy

• 1,081 posts

• I am minuspeptic, frasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericabobulations.

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:07 PM

View PostSpid3rCyd3, on 21 September 2011 - 03:27 PM, said:

It's because our hormones are jacked! Things we eat and drink are radically altering men in general. Especially men younger than 30. Look at them, they're mostly girly metro types. You rarely see a masculine jock type real man anymore with a killer instinct. The fight has been taken from them all.

That's because the vast majority of teachers in schools are women and the poor boys in schools are told by their female teachers that it is wrong for them to be acting masculine (i.e. acting in a normal and natural way for males) and that they need to be "more in touch with their feminine side."

As a result a lot of boys leaving school now are softy, girly mummy's boys who love putting moisturiser on their faces and make sure they have immaculate fingernails.  That's not their fault, though.  It's because they have been told by their female teachers that acting masculine - even though they are males and acting masculine is how they are supposed to act - is evil and wrong.

Edited by Blackwhite, 03 October 2011 - 03:08 PM.

#40    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:35 PM

View PostBlackwhite, on 03 October 2011 - 03:07 PM, said:

That's because the vast majority of teachers in schools are women and the poor boys in schools are told by their female teachers that it is wrong for them to be acting masculine (i.e. acting in a normal and natural way for males) and that they need to be "more in touch with their feminine side."

As a result a lot of boys leaving school now are softy, girly mummy's boys who love putting moisturiser on their faces and make sure they have immaculate fingernails.  That's not their fault, though.  It's because they have been told by their female teachers that acting masculine - even though they are males and acting masculine is how they are supposed to act - is evil and wrong.

My girlfriend's son is 8, and he says he has to look "in style" before he goes to school each day.

So, I'm thinking I'll buy him camouflage clothes and sign him up for Karate, or football, or something. This kid will not grow up to be a pansy, not gonna let that happen. Good sign though, when he broke his arm, he didn't even shed a tear!  :tu:

Edited by Spid3rCyd3, 03 October 2011 - 07:39 PM.

#41    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,314 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:11 PM

View PostSpid3rCyd3, on 03 October 2011 - 07:35 PM, said:

...So, I'm thinking I'll buy him camouflage clothes and sign him up for Karate, or football, or something. This kid will not grow up to be a pansy, not gonna let that happen. Good sign though, when he broke his arm, he didn't even shed a tear!  :tu:

Uh...when I was a kid I fell off my Aunt's horse and broke my ankle and collar bone. I didn't shed a tear either. When I was a young woman I earned a black belt in American Kempo. I'm not a "pansy", but I'm certainly a woman. I think you may be confusing the criteria here. Just my opinion.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#42    RedSquirrel

RedSquirrel

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

• "I have no idea."
    Nex prius vestis!
    I am terminally curious.

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:52 PM

May I be the first to welcome the Amazonian Overlords?

I want men and women equal, equal rights, equal treatment, equal responsibility.
At the end of it all, we're all just carbon.

Posted Image   I support the majestic Pacific Northwest tree Octopus.

#43    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,314 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:44 PM

View PostRedSquirrel, on 03 October 2011 - 09:52 PM, said:

May I be the first to welcome the Amazonian Overlords?

At 5' 8.5" and apx. 145 lbs, I guess I do kind of resemble those Amazons.

I want men and women equal, equal rights, equal treatment, equal responsibility.
At the end of it all, we're all just carbon.

Indeed, in the final analysis we're all just human beings. :yes:  

However, I'll bet the structure of my carbon is arranged a bit differently than yours! :lol:

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#44    RedSquirrel

RedSquirrel

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

• "I have no idea."
    Nex prius vestis!
    I am terminally curious.

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:10 AM

View PostLilly, on 03 October 2011 - 10:44 PM, said:

At 5' 8.5" and apx. 145 lbs, I guess I do kind of resemble those Amazons.

Indeed, in the final analysis we're all just human beings. :yes:  

However, I'll bet the structure of my carbon is arranged a bit differently than yours! :lol:

See? That little difference is what makes it FUN! haha.

Much respect.

Oh I guess I should state, yes 5'8.5 is pretty tall to me, the Lady that rules over me is 4'11.

Posted Image   I support the majestic Pacific Northwest tree Octopus.

#45    _Only

_Only

• 6,593 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:41 AM

View Postmeryt, on 26 September 2011 - 07:50 PM, said:

To a large extent the sytereotype of the weak, meek woman, is a cultural creation and a result of societal pressures; nurture not nature.

Yes, I personally know some women who purposefully act weak and ignorant because they think it makes them seem attractive. :wacko:

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users