Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged x 2 ] Lion on Loose in Essex

Junior Chubb

I've just been reading about this too. I just hope no one gets hurt and they don't shoot the lion - that would be very sad. How the **** could it escape - someones head is gonna roll for that!

• Like 2

Send in 'Miss Piggy' from TOWIE, she'll scare the living daylights out of poor ol' Simba!

• Like 2

How the **** could it escape - someones head is gonna roll for that!

Incompetence is one of mans most common traits....

I share your feelings on hoping for a happy ending though.

• Like 2

I hope they don't shoot it, because it's only been in recent years that I've accepted that this situation was fictional:

lion-king-mufasa.jpg

• Like 3

How the hell do they not knwo where it came from?!

If no Zoo has realised it's got a lion misisng then it must be a private owner.

Ooooh you be careful, JJ. There's people on here believe Bambi's mum was murdered by agents of the Illuminati!

s11952.gif

• Like 1

How the hell do they not knwo where it came from?!

If no Zoo has realised it's got a lion misisng then it must be a private owner.

The article has changed a few times (Mail) since posting the link, they originally mentioned a zoo, now its a circus lion...

Naughty kitty hope they dont kill it .

The article has changed a few times (Mail) since posting the link, they originally mentioned a zoo, now its a circus lion...

Yeah, it was the red nose, pointy hat and oversized shoes that gave it away!

• Like 2

Actually seven disguised lions escaped , but one lion wouldn't fit in their tiny car .

Edited by lightly

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-19388301

Police in Essex are investigating reports that a lion has been spotted in a field near St Osyth.

Police - who have told residents to enjoy the bank holiday but "be cautious" - are looking for signs after the sighting off Earls Hall Drive.

Essex police are working with experts from Colchester Zoo who believe the reports to be genuine after being shown a photograph by a member of the public.

Well...what you have to ask yourselves is this .....is it really a lion or is it a form of hyrax thats imitating a lion...hmmmmm....... :hmm: ........ :whistle:

Edited by BrianPotter

I heard about this on the news.

The area close to me has had numerous black panther sightings.

Are people allowed to own exotic animals in the UK?

Police said all the animals at Colchester Zoo had been accounted for.

The spokesman said a circus had been in the area, at Clacton Airfield, recently but added: "Officers have spoken to the circus and confirmed that they do not have an animal missing, nor do they have any lions."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-essex-19388301

That suggests a private owner, or....it's not a lion :unsure2:

Tie out a goat and see if you can a good picture. I suspect y'all might have some big cats breeding in the wild from when you could own them back in the 60's. They need a lot of land, though. The witnesses said the cat had a white chest, that is kind of odd. Might be just a big yellow tom, still, but better to err on the side of caution.

This was breaking news on Sky News and BBC News 24 last night.

One man phoned in to BBC News 24 and said that he heard what sounded like a big cat roaring outside. At first he thought that his young son had his TV on in his bedrooom and that was what he had heard. When he went to check he saw that his son's TV wasn't on. Then he received a text message from his brother saying that a lion had been spotted in the area and that the police were urging residents to stay indoors.

The nearby Colchester Zoo said that all their lions are accounted for so it's not one of theirs. There was a circus in the area a few weeks ago but the circus said that it never had any lions.

Let's hope this finally shuts up those skeptics who doubt that big cats are roaming the British countryside.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun