Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Baby's name is what?!

Keel M.

I want to shoot myself...

Crazy baby names are nothing new. In fact, in recent years they've become endemic in our culture, with entire websites devoted to bad baby names, deliberate misspellings masquerading as parental "creativity," andcelebrities who go way way past "unusual" and into "Wait. What?" territory (like actor Jason Lee, who named his child Pilot Inspektor in 2003).

But Hashtag? As in, well, #hashtag? Really? Really.

Full sad story

• Like 1

Reading about these twits reminded of something my dad once said...

"There's not enough chlorine in the gene pool"...

• Like 7

Ahh I can see it now the joys that child will have in school as the other kids tease her by changing her name slightly.

"hey everyone here comes hASSTAG." (without the h darn filter)

brillant.

Edited by Grey14
  • Like 1

I remember when I read about Frank Zappa naming his two kids (Dwezil Zappa and Moon Unit Zappa) that it was fortunate he didn't have a third, or he might have named it Bug Zappa...

• Like 4

This is a true story... I work with a lot of data in my profession and sometimes I come across some pretty bizarre names.

The funniest ones I've found so far is a brother and a sister. One was named Adrya and the other was name Awasha. Not kidding. :D

• Like 2

It'll be shortened to Hash soon enough. Which makes me smile at the thought of Hash being carried through airport security when being taken on vacation.

'Anything to declare?'

'Yes. I have 17lbs of Hash, growing in that there stroller'.

• Like 2

It'll be shortened to Hash soon enough. Which makes me smile at the thought of Hash being carried through airport security when being taken on vacation.

'Anything to declare?'

'Yes. I have 17lbs of Hash, growing in that there stroller'.

sooner rather than later it will be shortened to "Ha"

• Like 1

Something about this makes me think they're teens who named their poor daughter so badly.

Something about this makes me think they're teens who named their poor daughter so badly.

Something tells me we could be seeing them on the Jeremy kyle show soon.

what the hell are these people thinking about

All they were thinking was "Hey we got our 15 minutes of 'fame'!!"

• Like 1

What the hell sort of name is "Hashtag?"

That can't seriously be considered a name.. Not by anyone in their right mind.

• Like 1

Reminds me of a few ppl I went to school with that had weird names ...

I had a guy in my class from Laos , his name was POW and his sisters name was BOOM , got some good millage out of that one .

Another one was a girl named Michelle Farkashazi - got more millage out of that one :-*

TiP

• Like 1

Imagine your first day at secondry school. (high school.)

Teacher calling out the names of the register:

"Billy" Here!

"Samantha" Here!

"Hashtag" Here!

• Like 1

It could be an internet hoax?

• Like 1

It could be an internet hoax?

It's not.

It was on the news here,and they set it up before a commercial : guess what two Twitter fans named their child ?

I expected Tweet or something .When I heard what it was ,I just thought ,well there's a,kid who will divorce its parents when its 15 ,and change its name so the parents can never find them again .

• Like 1

It's not.

It was on the news here,and they set it up before a commercial : guess what two Twitter fans named their child ?

I expected Tweet or something .When I heard what it was ,I just thought ,well there's a,kid who will divorce its parents when its 15 ,and change its name so the parents can never find them again .

It should have read - Guess what two twits named their child? I wondered if they did that to get attention.? If they did, they got exactly that

I can imagine me naming my baby boy after an internet site.. - Unexplained Kerr ... Poke Poke Kerr..... Thready Kerr...... He would wind up an LOL Kerr with those names

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

This is just crazy, I wonder if they really like really thought about what their kid's life would be like having a name like that lol.

• Like 1

Reading about these twits reminded of something my dad once said...

"There's not enough chlorine in the gene pool"...

i'm stealing this line - thank your dad for me

• Like 1

Reminds me of a few ppl I went to school with that had weird names ...

I had a guy in my class from Laos , his name was POW and his sisters name was BOOM , got some good millage out of that one .

Another one was a girl named Michelle Farkashazi - got more millage out of that one :-*

TiP

i had neighbors from laos whose children (all boys) were named summer, winter, and...wait for it....steven.

i dunno - they told me that the doctor who delivers the baby names it but i think that's kind of odd.

• Like 1