Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Iranian jets fire on U.S. drone

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

• Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

Two Iranian Su-25 fighter jets fired on an unarmed U.S. Air Force Predator drone in the Persian Gulf last week, CNN has learned.
The incident raises fresh concerns within the Obama administration about Iranian military aggression in crucial Gulf oil shipping lanes.
The drone was in international airspace east of Kuwait, U.S. officials said, adding it was engaged in routine maritime surveillance.
Although the drone was not hit, the Pentagon is concerned.

http://security.blog...rone/?hpt=hp_t3

Is Iran out of its fricken mind!

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#2    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

A bit dull

• 26,777 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

Su-25s? How long've they had they?
yes, of course it was in International airspace. I mean, we believe the Pentagon, don't we. :innocent:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#3    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,797 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

I question the validity of this report.  What kind of air to air missile misses something as unmaneuverable and slow as a drone?

#4    Pauly Dangerously

Pauly Dangerously

Government Agent

• 3,285 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 08 November 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:

Is Iran out of its fricken mind!

Um... :yes:

#5    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

A bit dull

• 26,777 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

I'm wondering why an Su-25, which is a tankbuster, and of which they apparently only have about six, inmpounded from Iraq, would be prowling about in *cough* International airspace looking to provoke the forces of Freedom & Democracy. Not to say that it wouldn't have air-to-air weapons; it'd have AAMs for self defense, but if this happened as the Pentagon says at all, it sounds rather like a pilot acting on the spur of the moment rather than the Madmen in Tehran trying to Provoke War with the forces of Freedom.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#6    with bells on

with bells on

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

well anyone with half a brain realises that they are going to try another false flag scenario, and this sounds like it will play out as was predicted..

boring..

#7    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,747 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

View PostOverSword, on 08 November 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

I question the validity of this report.  What kind of air to air missile misses something as unmaneuverable and slow as a drone?
It's Iran they always miss

#8    Pauly Dangerously

Pauly Dangerously

Government Agent

• 3,285 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

View Post747400, on 08 November 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

I'm wondering why an Su-25, which is a tankbuster, and of which they apparently only have about six, inmpounded from Iraq, would be prowling about in *cough* International airspace looking to provoke the forces of Freedom & Democracy. Not to say that it wouldn't have air-to-air weapons; it'd have AAMs for self defense, but if this happened as the Pentagon says at all, it sounds rather like a pilot acting on the spur of the moment rather than the Madmen in Tehran trying to Provoke War with the forces of Freedom.

Well, it's got 30mm cannons, so that doesn't suprise me that it missed, but who knows about the report?

It could be an excuse for an aggressive stance on the part of the U.S.

It could be true right down to the letter. After all, shooting down an un-manned craft gives the appearance of strength without the instant retaliation that killing a pilot would.

It could have been a warning.

Too many possibilities to list.

#9    Ashotep

Ashotep

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,845 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

I think they are trying to get us to attack them when they do stuff like this.

#10    with bells on

with bells on

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

if it was shot at, it was probably Mossad.. its perfect timing for Romney getting in (thank God he didnt), cause he would of most likely used it to launch a war.. lets hope the big O (not Oprah that other black man) stays out of it..

#11    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

Saber rattling, likely brought on by the tough talk during the US election. If the position of the drone is correct it's hardly the first time Iran has messed around in international waters and air space. Don't see this amount to much, other than the US keeping an closer eye on Iran forces in the Gulf.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#12    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,810 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

I guess it is only a matter of time now...

#13    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

maybe it was not shot at in international water's at all, but shot at due to it being in Iran's air space... which they have a right to shoot at it if it was... just like the US would if Iran had invaded US air space...

The US government (in my opinion) seem to think using drone's in other country's air space is ok... if the shoe was on the other foot, I guarantee they would not like it one bit

Posted Image

#14    MidKn13ght

MidKn13ght

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

• The world is MINE!!!!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

We are illeagally flying drones in several countries, yet the government is throwing a hissy fit because someone is actually tired of this and wants to shot them down? anyone else see something wrong with this??? once again our government is provocking a war and yet we(government) are going to whine and make it look like they are in the wrong....gotta love it........ :blink:

#15    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• 1,279 posts

• Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

View PostJackofalltrades, on 09 November 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

maybe it was not shot at in international water's at all, but shot at due to it being in Iran's air space... which they have a right to shoot at it if it was... just like the US would if Iran had invaded US air space...

The US government (in my opinion) seem to think using drone's in other country's air space is ok... if the shoe was on the other foot, I guarantee they would not like it one bit

Yeah, I agree. Its like we can have nukes but no one else better dare try to get any. Who are we to police what other countires do with their military?

Either way, Iran would be crazy to give us a reason to go in there. I mean we are already struggling to hold our little pitbull's (Israel) leash. They are foaming at the mouth to get in there...

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users