Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

UFO spotted over Denver

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#196    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 27 November 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

No, "the bug theory" isn't ridiculous at all, you just have no idea what bugs look like in footage like this (despite having been spoon fed several comparative examples...)
If it wasn't bugs, I would think with the attention given to this case, some would have followed up with a good close-up picture of what it was since it was originally claimed to be showing up over a period of several days.
Bugs.
Reminds me of another case in which golf course maintenance vehicles were grooming a fairway at night...lol

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#197    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 19,557 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 24 November 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

Also of note from the article:

Luckily, there's a clear-cut way to scientifically test the bug hypothesis for anyone with enough interest to follow through, and Denver members of the social media site Reddit are already on it.

They say they plan to set two cameras a fair distance apart at the UFO-spotting site but pointed toward the same point on the horizon. If one camera records a flying object in its field of vision, but the other doesn't, it will be obvious that the object was close to the camera that recorded it.

If both cameras record an object darting around in the far distance and the citizen scientists document and report their findings thoroughly, the Denver UFO story will likely get more coverage.

That is an excellent plan. It will clearly show if these are bugs or not.

Three cameras would be even better as probably you could see the bug enter one field of view, and leave, while it is still in the 2nd cameras field of view, then leaves that camera, while still in the third cameras field of view. When you can see the bugs flying directly across the fields of the cameras then it will be obvious they are actually very close to the cameras.

The other idea, of setting two cameras far apart works just as well, but the True Believers will simply say that the UFOs were not showing up at that time, regardless of any bugs appearing on camera.

EDIT:
From the additional link (from the Reddit Link quoted above)....
http://www.reddit.co..._followup_post/

http://i.imgur.com/AZ4j6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LD6Df.jpg

Clearly bugs!!!

Edited by DieChecker, 27 November 2012 - 09:59 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#198    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 19,557 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

View Postzoser, on 27 November 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

Then please show me the capsule and cone like images from these other cases if you wouldn't mind?  Otherwise this case is not bugs it's something else.

Sorry to put a fly in the ointment :blush:
Your cone and capsule are bugs. The appearance is due to the bugs movement being faster then the frame rate of the camera. This is very well known. Reference... rods.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#199    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

I hate to say "I told ya so" zoser...  but...  nah, I really don't hate it that much at all.

Are you going to acknowledge this one as being bugs now or no?

#200    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

View PostKarlis, on 09 November 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

Here is an article of the above incident. Included are videos by the two independent cameras.

Mile High mystery: UFO sightings in sky over Denver
Source http://kdvr.com/2012...ky-over-denver/

The aviation expert couldnt identify it

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#201    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 27 November 2012 - 10:36 PM, said:

I hate to say "I told ya so" zoser...  but...  nah, I really don't hate it that much at all.

Are you going to acknowledge this one as being bugs now or no?

Not proven by a long way; what is there to prove it?  I don't confess to have read every post on this thread but am I missing something?

Just because DC says so?

If you have some special information please provide it.

Edited by zoser, 28 November 2012 - 07:56 PM.

Posted Image

#202    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 19,557 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

What would provide good proof? Hundreds of frames showing a clear insect, and then that it continues moving and ends up looking completely like the suspected UFOs? Or would that be dismissed as coincidence?

What about the two camera experiment, where the bug/UFO is recorded in one camera and not the other?

#203    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,656 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 28 November 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

What would provide good proof?

Apparently something that can be posted in an internet forum.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#204    Matt Vinyl

Matt Vinyl

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

• "And has this ever happened before, minister?" "Yes, but only ever in the past, Bryan..."

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

Please believe me, I would love these to be real ET-based craft, like so many pics on here, but I say these are indeed close-distance flying common earth-based critters...

Edited by Matt Vinyl, 28 November 2012 - 10:06 PM.

And do you ever contradict yourself? Well, yes and no...

#205    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 28 November 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

What would provide good proof? Hundreds of frames showing a clear insect, and then that it continues moving and ends up looking completely like the suspected UFOs? Or would that be dismissed as coincidence?

What about the two camera experiment, where the bug/UFO is recorded in one camera and not the other?
It seems to me that since we've not seen a rush of people in the area flock to the location to either see the object first hand or do some photography...maybe 99.99% of them think it was bugs and the .01% that believe it might be ET's are blind and don't have a camera??

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#206    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,534 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:21 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 27 November 2012 - 09:58 PM, said:

Your cone and capsule are bugs. The appearance is due to the bugs movement being faster then the frame rate of the camera. This is very well known. Reference... rods.

Zoser still holds a torch for Joe. He believes Rods have not been adequately explained. Having the results repeated on demand, and instructions on how to create your own Rods is apparently insufficient evidence. It's a race with Zoser and Nopeda at the moment I think.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#207    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,534 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:52 AM

View Postzoser, on 28 November 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

If you have some special information please provide it.

What would be the point Zoser? I have proven you blatantly wrong on so many cases it is just not funny anymore. Not once have you so much as acknowledged the information, let alone debated it. In any case you have gone so far as to respond to it, we get the same ridiculous answer as we did here on the insect. You find it "ridiculous". You found a Rocket Scientist explaining rocket science to you "sci fi" as you do the theory of camera shutter speeds on Roswell Rods. It seems if you do not understand a thing, you not only dismiss it outright, but encourage others to do so as well. More often than not, this is how you get my attention.

I would suggest that you stop spinning fabrications. You have no intention of looking further at any piece of evidence, and if it comes from a textbook, your advice is to hold a cross to the textbook and run with imagination. And then you have the audacity to tell people to research a subject, when it is blatantly clear that you avoid such like a plague. Then in the same breath as telling someone to research or study you say throw away the textbooks and run with your mind.

So why do you ask for information you will dismiss, and tell people to do research you will never discuss with them. You try to sound like an authority, but anyone familiar with your posting knows you are just a Youtube junkie. That is not research Zoser. Not at all. Your entire time here has proven one thing. You have only two answers. ET and  Testimony. If te questions does not fit your answer, they are considered invalid. You place up Youtube clip after clip, yet you have not had the decency to click and read one lousy link left for you. That's incredibly rude, and arrogant of you to demand people do things that you would not do, or ever discuss again.

The question is a genuine one. Why do you ask people to do things for you, when you have no intention of taking such any further at any stage? Why should Boon provide it? What would that accomplish? Another chance for you to regard science with disdain in a public forum? What do you get out of that?

Edited by psyche101, 29 November 2012 - 06:53 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#208    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 19,557 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:42 AM

View Postsynchronomy, on 29 November 2012 - 04:49 AM, said:

It seems to me that since we've not seen a rush of people in the area flock to the location to either see the object first hand or do some photography...maybe 99.99% of them think it was bugs and the .01% that believe it might be ET's are blind and don't have a camera??
I think what I am wondering is why these alien ships are never any closer, or any further, but are explained to Always be flying directly over Denver, very fast. But, only perpendicular to where ever there is a camera apparently.

View Postpsyche101, on 29 November 2012 - 06:21 AM, said:

Zoser still holds a torch for Joe. He believes Rods have not been adequately explained. Having the results repeated on demand, and instructions on how to create your own Rods is apparently insufficient evidence. It's a race with Zoser and Nopeda at the moment I think.
HA! LOL! Racing toward what? The science of the 9th century?

Edited by DieChecker, 30 November 2012 - 01:43 AM.

#209    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,534 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 30 November 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

HA! LOL! Racing toward what? The science of the 9th century?

Nah, didn't they tell you? Ancient man was no more than a chimp. Aliens did it all. I think we were invented along with the Internet or something. Only xts are capable of existing and evolving alone.

DId I ever tell you the Koala joke?

Why did the first Koala fall out of the tree??

He was Dead.

Why did the second Koala fall out of the tree??

He was dead too.

Why did the third Koala fall out of the tree??

He thought it was a new fad.

Why did the fourth Koala fall out of the tree??

The first one fell on him

Why did the fifth Koala fall out of the tree??

He thought it was a race to the bottom

And so it goes, but I thought it seemed appropriate to stop here.............................................   :ph34r:

#210    -M7

-M7

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 145 posts

• Open your mind to new ideas. There can be something else in play.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

I theorize that it must be moving at tremendous speeds to avoid detection by radar and being seen by local residents...but the aliens might have forgotten to factor someone video taping it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users