Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The REAL reason we don't have BF photos.....

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#16    msmike1

msmike1

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:14 PM

When trail cameras first came out they were 35mm types that were far from being very advanced. I had several and it was definitely hit or miss. Today, however, trail cam technology has come a very long way. A very good trail cam with a trigger speed at 1 second or under can be had for under 200.00. Many different models and brands can make this claim and back it up. Popularity in trail camera use has exploded over the last 10 yrs and people all over the nation use them very, very frequently at all times of the year and in all different manners. Some use bait with their trail cameras, some put them over game trails, some over natural food sources. Nobody I know has ever strapped a camera to the trunk of a tree at face heighth. That would be completely counter productive. Most trail cameras are place around 3 ft off the ground. Some are placed hi in a tree, but facing down for better concelement. Reconyx or however you spell it, is one of the best brands on the market, they are expensive, and they do work very well. Other brands, that are less expensive work almost equally well and would have no problem what so ever getting a picture of a bigfoot walking by.

As far as most people not really using trail cameras, well thats a bunch of crap. I literally know hundreds of people in my small state that have two to twelve cameras out all year long. They take thousands of pictures every year. Trail cams have become one of the largest sections of the outdoor market.

As far as the picture of the bobcat goes. Any one of the many inexpensive cameras out there could have gotten that shot. I mean any of them. As far as the flash goes, well thats what they make infrared trail cams for. They don't flash at all. Some animals do have a knack for being stealthy when it comes to trail cams. Big cats being one of them. This is not to say that they don't get caught on trail cams. They do. Extremely small populations of cougars have been making a comeback to their home range here in the deep south for some time. This means that their populations are very small and they are a very stealthy creature. With all this said, people are still getting trail cam photos of them in Louisiana, Texas, and Mississippi.
Bottom line is that there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for not getting a good picture of a bigfoot on a trail camera if they were to exist. Make all the excuses you want and I will be glad to shoot them down for you.

Mike

#17    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:21 PM

View Postmsmike1, on 19 January 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

When trail cameras first came out they were 35mm types that were far from being very advanced. I had several and it was definitely hit or miss. Today, however, trail cam technology has come a very long way. A very good trail cam with a trigger speed at 1 second or under can be had for under 200.00. Many different models and brands can make this claim and back it up. Popularity in trail camera use has exploded over the last 10 yrs and people all over the nation use them very, very frequently at all times of the year and in all different manners. Some use bait with their trail cameras, some put them over game trails, some over natural food sources. Nobody I know has ever strapped a camera to the trunk of a tree at face heighth. That would be completely counter productive. Most trail cameras are place around 3 ft off the ground. Some are placed hi in a tree, but facing down for better concelement. Reconyx or however you spell it, is one of the best brands on the market, they are expensive, and they do work very well. Other brands, that are less expensive work almost equally well and would have no problem what so ever getting a picture of a bigfoot walking by.

As far as most people not really using trail cameras, well thats a bunch of crap. I literally know hundreds of people in my small state that have two to twelve cameras out all year long. They take thousands of pictures every year. Trail cams have become one of the largest sections of the outdoor market.

As far as the picture of the bobcat goes. Any one of the many inexpensive cameras out there could have gotten that shot. I mean any of them. As far as the flash goes, well thats what they make infrared trail cams for. They don't flash at all. Some animals do have a knack for being stealthy when it comes to trail cams. Big cats being one of them. This is not to say that they don't get caught on trail cams. They do. Extremely small populations of cougars have been making a comeback to their home range here in the deep south for some time. This means that their populations are very small and they are a very stealthy creature. With all this said, people are still getting trail cam photos of them in Louisiana, Texas, and Mississippi.
Bottom line is that there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for not getting a good picture of a bigfoot on a trail camera if they were to exist. Make all the excuses you want and I will be glad to shoot them down for you.

Mike

Thats really interesting information actually.  Thanks for sharing.  Trail cameras are a topic I have very little knowledge of.  If could ever get my hands on an inexpensive model, I'd love to play around with one, even just in my backyard.  Its interesting that BFRO claims the opposite is true - that nobody uses them, they are ineffective and that's why no good trail camera evidence ever surfaces.  I'd wager there's a simpler explanation.  You can't get good trailcam photos of a thing that is as imaginary as Santa Claus.

#18    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:19 PM

Here's the highly intelligent, and small, wolverine on trail camera:

http://www.google.co...iw=1600&bih=768

#19    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

View PostNeognosis, on 19 January 2012 - 07:19 PM, said:

Here's the highly intelligent, and small, wolverine on trail camera:

http://www.google.co...iw=1600&bih=768

You know what's crazy about wolverines, neognosis?  They exist!  We have live ones, dead ones, genetic analysis of them, we breed them in captivity, we've got photographs of them, video of their habits.  Its just downright crazy.  I mean - who would have thought that something that exists would have so much EVIDENCE to back it up?

#20    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,580 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:31 PM

View Posttailormaneinafog, on 19 January 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

Big cats can avoid trail cams!! The UK is awash with big cats but no-one has got one on their trail cam with any regularity. I've tried myself. Animals aren't stupid. They can see a square box which equals man-trouble, no problem..

Smugfish, how many times, and how many topics do I have to prove you wrong...Please stop spweing out lies, especially when you have been shown otherwise numerous times, and even admitted it...

Below is only one of hundreds I could post....

Posted Image

edit to add :....Wow,

They can see a square box which equals man-trouble, no problem
.. but not a big ass feeder?....Come on Smugfish....

Posted Image

Edited by Sakari, 19 January 2012 - 09:34 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#21    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

It doesn't matter... RIGHT Now, someone is claiming that Teddy Roosevelt was married to a bigfoot and had hybrid roosevelt/bigfoot kids...

#22    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,580 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:46 PM

Mike

Good Post Mike !!!!!

A few members here have contributed to a topic on trail cam's I started....Hunting sites have hundreds of thousands of pics...

Here is the topic here ( not many hunters here though )

http://www.unexplain...pic=183599&st=0

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#23    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:07 AM

Mike

:tu:

#24    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:44 AM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 19 January 2012 - 10:22 AM, said:

Its always nice to see a picture of Carrie Fisher in the morning. Thanks for making my morning cup of tea more enjoyable today ;)

I am hearing you! I would have gone the Princess Leia look for aesthetics, but found her role in the Blues Brothers, and Jakes quick escape, fit the topic better :D

But here is some gratuitous semi-nudity just for the hell of it.

Posted Image

ETA
:w00t:

Edited by psyche101, 20 January 2012 - 05:46 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#25    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,739 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:47 AM

View PostSakari, on 19 January 2012 - 09:31 PM, said:

Smugfish, how many times, and how many topics do I have to prove you wrong...Please stop spweing out lies, especially when you have been shown otherwise numerous times, and even admitted it...
I thought he was specifically talking about UK big cats.

Psyche...
.... Nice!!!!.....

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#26    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,580 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:04 AM

View Posttailormaneinafog, on 19 January 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

Big cats can avoid trail cams!! The UK is awash with big cats but no-one has got one on their trail cam with any regularity. I've tried myself. Animals aren't stupid. They can see a square box which equals man-trouble, no problem..

I do not see UK there.....

View PostDieChecker, on 20 January 2012 - 06:47 AM, said:

I thought he was specifically talking about UK big cats.

What are UK Big Cats?....Those confirmed yet?.And if they are aren't they supposed to be Puma's and such?......

Either way, no UK in his statement about big cats avoiding trail cams....., that is why I answered now, and before.He has used the " big cats " see cameras, see IR, hear batteries, etc...before.

Edited by Sakari, 20 January 2012 - 07:06 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#27    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:30 AM

View PostSakari, on 20 January 2012 - 07:04 AM, said:

I do not see UK there.....

What are UK Big Cats?....Those confirmed yet?.And if they are aren't they supposed to be Puma's and such?......

Either way, no UK in his statement about big cats avoiding trail cams....., that is why I answered now, and before.He has used the " big cats " see cameras, see IR, hear batteries, etc...before.

Big cats in the UK are usually descibed as black, large  and panther-like animals but shhhh.....they might be hybrids with more intelligence than their USA cousins :innocent:

#28    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:02 AM

Why doesn't someone make a nature documentary about the Penzance puma then?

Ans: because it's too difficult to film!!

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#29    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• 1,909 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:43 AM

View Posttailormaneinafog, on 20 January 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

Why doesn't someone make a nature documentary about the Penzance puma then?

Ans: because it's too difficult to film!!

No. Because it's too difficult to find!

#30    Goodnite

Goodnite

Outsider looking in.

• 1,020 posts

• Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:45 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 20 January 2012 - 05:44 AM, said:

I am hearing you! I would have gone the Princess Leia look for aesthetics, but found her role in the Blues Brothers, and Jakes quick escape, fit the topic better :D

But here is some gratuitous semi-nudity just for the hell of it.

Posted Image

ETA
:w00t:

When I was younger she was my Queen!

The King of the Beasts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users