Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Runners have been attacked by owls

Big Bad Voodoo

Still not clear on trolling. Like trolling the forrest, i.e. looking around? Aren't we all doing that.

The owls keep squirrels away? Uh oh, destroying their habitat and pushing them out. How are the squirrels stealing the walnuts? Aren't they every animals walnuts? Or aren't they the trees walnuts and anything else taking them is stealing them? Hey, let's just kill all humans, that'll make people like you happy. You brush your teeth today? You know how many things you killed by doing that? You drive a car? That kills tons of bugs every day by running through their natural habitat. You wear deodorant? There are bacteria that would love to live off your body’s secretions. Guess my house is in the deer’s way, I should tear it down so I'm not intruding. They do seam to be doing pretty well here though; they eat the apples off the trees I planted. Damn me for interfering and playing god! My cats kill a ton of little creatures. Should I kill them to save those creature? I did bring in those cats and those creatures lived here first, just say the word and I'll eliminate the problem. How about all those people walking around with pig heart valves? They should all be dead! Why hurt a poor little pig to help an evil human?!?! All those nets in Africa keeping the mosquitoes from being able to eat! Damn all those people, they deserve malaria! You've changed my mind. I hate humanity and all our so-called advances!

• Like 1

Owls about that then!

But if you live somewhere that people don't displace/kill off multitudes of animals by sprawling development, overfishing, overhunting, hunting for kicks, commercially overbreeding until 100's of thousands get sick and must be destroyed, burning their forests, altering entire ecosystems, introducing foreign predator species or simply pollute their land then good for you. Doesn't all have to be intentional but the end result is the same. Without us playing bad god/good god they'd be better off.

You sure do seem to harbor an awful lot of hatred towards your fellow human beings.

You may want to do some self reflection.

I wont go out of my way to harm an animal but im not going to lose an ounce of sleep over their death either.

If i go swimming in the ocean and get eaten by a shark are you going to protest the sharks?

or are you going to say i should have moved away from where they are?

Animals can move or die, not my problem.

Yeah i almost got attacked by an owl once while up on my roof star gazing. Sure freaked me out, lol. Idk but it makes sense in a way that it is typical for things to attack other things that run so maybe its just doing what it do.

Still not clear on trolling. Like trolling the forrest, i.e. looking around? Aren't we all doing that.

The owls keep squirrels away? Uh oh, destroying their habitat and pushing them out. How are the squirrels stealing the walnuts? Aren't they every animals walnuts? Or aren't they the trees walnuts and anything else taking them is stealing them? Hey, let's just kill all humans, that'll make people like you happy. You brush your teeth today? You know how many things you killed by doing that? You drive a car? That kills tons of bugs every day by running through their natural habitat. You wear deodorant? There are bacteria that would love to live off your body's secretions. Guess my house is in the deer's way, I should tear it down so I'm not intruding. They do seam to be doing pretty well here though; they eat the apples off the trees I planted. Damn me for interfering and playing god! My cats kill a ton of little creatures. Should I kill them to save those creature? I did bring in those cats and those creatures lived here first, just say the word and I'll eliminate the problem. How about all those people walking around with pig heart valves? They should all be dead! Why hurt a poor little pig to help an evil human?!?! All those nets in Africa keeping the mosquitoes from being able to eat! Damn all those people, they deserve malaria! You've changed my mind. I hate humanity and all our so-called advances!

To explain:

TROLLING - The word art of deliberately, cleverly and/or secretlt p***ing people off, usually via the internet means, using clever wording and/or dialogue

And while you don't mean it, you are a little naive because you have gone in 3 comments from black to white, purposely ignoring the fact that there is a host of shades of grey in between it all. While majority of us don't particularly MEAN it, our sheer ignorance and lack of deeper interest kills more living things, than all our deliberate and concentrated efforts.

Also, speaking of bugs and bacteria - this is the synonymous - you've gone too far... in many places (for example since we're on their topic) owls are now borderline extinct, reduced to tiny pockets of population due to our direct and indirect actions against them and their habitat. Now your bacteria on the other hand, is far from threatened faring in unaccountable millions just in your closest vicinity alone...

Have to say that if you REALLY want to start a valid argument defending your point, stay away from using cold sarcasm and overexagerrated examples - makes people just roll eyes and not take a word of it on board ;)

I would be really pi**ed if someone came running through my prime hunting territory scaring all the prey! :yes:

Edited by Magiclass

"Barred owls are so used to humans that they've pretty much lost all fear of them," said Rob Bierregaard Wow me too go owls!

"But I can't stretch that to explain why an owl would pop a jogger on the back of the head. Me either, bad day?

The only thing I can come up with is these are playful young." Oh that's why I don't understand...I'm too old to play :su

You sure do seem to harbor an awful lot of hatred towards your fellow human beings.

You may want to do some self reflection.

I wont go out of my way to harm an animal but im not going to lose an ounce of sleep over their death either.

If i go swimming in the ocean and get eaten by a shark are you going to protest the sharks?

or are you going to say i should have moved away from where they are?

Animals can move or die, not my problem.

No not all of them, just rare few who think like you.

No not all of them, just rare few who think like you.

I believe i am in the vast majority of humans that will not harm animals for pleasure but will not put an animal ahead of another human or our need for survival.