Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

AiR_RVM

When you look at spirituality, you often wonder whether the jargon that is spoken about who we are, what we are, is actually true or not. But there is a simple way to analyze what we truly are. What are we? Ask yourself this question: when you see the corpse of somebody you know and love dearly, when the dead body of somebody lies in front of you, do you believe that dead body is that same person you knew? You find it hard to believe, because the person you once knew, who had life, now lies listless. It is the same face, the same skin, the same hands, legs, probably the same heart, lungs, kidney; it looks identically like the person you knew, but now that person lies still on the floor, without breathing, without talking, without action. Is this person the same person you knew? Or do you say that the person you knew has gone? He has expired. He has passed away. What exactly do you say? What does it mean, when we say that somebody is no more? It actually means that he is no more that person. If he is no more that person, then how is he that person now? In reality, we are all identified as the wrong person right through life and it is only at death that we are truly identified as the right person; the energy, the prana, the soul, the atman - that is the true identity. All through life, we misunderstand what that person truly is, what we are, but at death we come to know what we are.

AiR

• Like 1

When you look at spirituality, you often wonder whether the jargon that is spoken about who we are, what we are, is actually true or not. But there is a simple way to analyze what we truly are. What are we? Ask yourself this question: when you see the corpse of somebody you know and love dearly, when the dead body of somebody lies in front of you, do you believe that dead body is that same person you knew? You find it hard to believe, because the person you once knew, who had life, now lies listless. It is the same face, the same skin, the same hands, legs, probably the same heart, lungs, kidney; it looks identically like the person you knew, but now that person lies still on the floor, without breathing, without talking, without action. Is this person the same person you knew? Or do you say that the person you knew has gone? He has expired. He has passed away. What exactly do you say? What does it mean, when we say that somebody is no more? It actually means that he is no more that person. If he is no more that person, then how is he that person now? In reality, we are all identified as the wrong person right through life and it is only at death that we are truly identified as the right person; the energy, the prana, the soul, the atman - that is the true identity. All through life, we misunderstand what that person truly is, what we are, but at death we come to know what we are.

AiR

We live, we die. Check out the history of everything living thing on this planet.

What you see is a person who has died, their memories will live on in some people, but as for the corpse, that is exactly what it is. The body once it has not got its functions to survive, is dead.

What some people think happens to their souls is their own beliefs and quite often the best way to deal with grief, but for the body? that has no means of functioning anymore, the "soul" has departed, the heart has stopped working, the brain has stopped thinking. The body will decompose in the ground or be placed in the incinerator...hope they had a wonderful life, now let them rest in peace, get on with your own life, job done.

• Like 1

AiR

I think the real question is are we human? Or are we dancers? ..

It's a good song. anyways...

Edited by Xzenox
  • Like 1

We must have understanding for each other and are own individual paths and progression. OP'S probably struggling with his own questions regarding this post and thus may not fully understand what he says but i'm sure he wants too. No need for anyone to be offended in my opinion.

I do not know what the OP wants out of this post, as far as he is concerned we are all living in a jail, If death means release from that jail for him, then good = for him.

because we are in this jail we are imprisoned and are unable to achieve the true purpose of our life. It’s time for us to think about it and to escape from this jail.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=286294&hl=

• Like 1

AiR you said, "In reality, we are all identified as the wrong person right through life and it is only at death that we are truly identified as the right person; the energy, the prana, the soul, the atman - that is the true identity."

Do you mind defining what the "right person" means to you? Could you also define prana, the soul, and the atman?

You claim this is the living's true identity so I'd like to understand your point further. Cheers.

Like every other living thing on this planet, I am a part of an evolution of the universe to reflect on itself. Just my opinion, how you see it is your own reflection.

AiR

I think that the corpse is them. All of what they were was located inside the meat that comprised their body. Once they die, then that's it, they're gone. Their meatbag is still around for a little while, but the rest of it is gone.

I get much more whistful when I hold a fossil in my hands. I have the hip bone of some kind of dinosaur, and have had it for years. When I hold it and look at it, I get blown away imagining that this thing lived, breathed, ran about, ate, pooped, made babies, and died, but it did all this tens of millions of years before my species even began evolving. That floors me and makes me think. A corpse in a casket? Not so much.

AiR

My spiritualistic view is consciousness encompasses the body and even other energy forms. If it can survive outside the body after death it also can free part of itself from the physical robotic form while alive.

There are many levels of consciousness involved just like there are billions of parts to a living body with a conscious level of awareness.

Only by exploring the astral realms as the mystics call it, can we percieve the reality of a great secret truth. The hand is mine but I am not the hand. I encompass and control it, if I believe I'm only the the physical body, I am imprisoned while alive in that form.

Part of us can be developed consciously or subconsciously to go out or within other forms as a consciousness. This is the root of all wisdom and life. We are the hive not just an individual bee that lives and dies.

Edited by White Unicorn

OP, I don't think I've ever seen you once respond to your own topics.

OP, I don't think I've ever seen you once respond to your own topics.

That's because he don't love us. :cry:

I think what the OP means is our energy, our life force or soul is the real person, and in death we see what a human being is without this life energy, the Atman or God within us.

Our soul is what animates us, our physical body is only a vessel.

Edited by StarMountainKid
  • Like 1