Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ISS crew take to escape capsules in space

Still Waters

The crew of the International Space Station (ISS) briefly took refuge in escape capsules as a piece of space junk drifted nearby.

The debris - a discarded piece of Russian rocket - was detected on Friday when it was too late to move the ISS.

Nasa said the debris was barely close enough to be a threat but that precautionary measures had to be taken.

It is the third time in 12 years that the ISS has faced a possible collision with space junk.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DONTEATUS

• Still Waters

• booNyzarC

• CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

It would be nice if we could find a way to clean up all that junk up there. Glad nothing serious happened to them this time, but eventually this kind of scare is bound to have a less than happy ending. :(

It would be nice if we could find a way to clean up all that junk up there. Glad nothing serious happened to them this time, but eventually this kind of scare is bound to have a less than happy ending. :(

This is no doubt what some of the NEw entries into Space travel will lead to ,There will be a Big bussiness in this ,ITs still a bit out but It will happen .

Space Salvage Inc. ?Hum I better get on this game plan. :tu:

Haven't we polluted the earth enough, that now we have to pollute space as well.

We love space junk. It's pretty when it comes streaking back down.

I think we've polluted space enough over the years so far. I think NASA should inform us more on what they're doing.