How Life formed in earth
1. In the earlier days of solar system, earth had the optimal distance from the sun to support the temparature needed to support life billions of years later.
2. As earth cooled down, the surface got rigid and atmosphere formed with hot gasses which was hold tightly to the planet by gravity.
3. Solar activity and volcanism caused disturbances in the dense atmosphere and crust of early earth as a result frequent electrical storms and heat combined elementary gasses and metals to form compund gasses and other minerals needed to support life.
4. The comets from outer space bombarded the early earth with ice which was melted to water by hot surface temparature and thus oceans formed.
5. The oceans could hold their water content unlike any other planet due to the optimum surface temparature and thick atmosphere.
6. the ocean water allowed minerals to dissolve and mix with each other and form complex compounds.
7. millions of years later complex inorganic componds bonded with each other in a earth full with volcanic and electrical activity and formed elementary organic compunds.
8. Billions of years later more chemical reactions created the simple organic compounds to bond together to create amino acids, the building block of life.
9. From the amino acids, simple one cell organisms formed years after, the first chemical object which can be considered as 'Alive'.
10. After this eventually evolution created more complex life form, and after millions of years later, created us, the humans from apes.
How religions formed in earth
11. In the earlier days humans were scared of natural disasters like thunderstorms, earthquakes and foreast fire. they started to believe that those events are created by some invisible supreme being whom they can not see.
12. Wild animals used to hunt people by night and during daytime the animals used to hide in the forest. and thats why sun was considered to be a watchful protector.
13. When humans learned to use fire as a protection, they believed that it's a part of the sun god which protects them, because both causes heat and light. thats how worshipping the gods began.
14. When thunderstorms, solar eclipses and earthqulakes used to happen, people used to cry out for help to the invisible gods, and naturally after some time the storms/quakes used to stop obviously. people believed that the gods are responding to their prayers.
15. When worshipping became an integral part of human life, it became necessary to teach the young children to worship the gods. thats why myths and legends about the gods began.
16. since no two person thinks alike, gradually the myths started to differ from each other and every myth got their own gods and their own stories. thats how different religions formed.
17. As ages passed by, the myths and legends found their places in written texts, over the years imaginative human minds, blind faith and fear of god allowed the glory of the so called gods to find its place into deep roots of human minds.
So my question to theists are, if all the religions were started by humans, then why do you believe in gods? do you believe in the below points?.
1. You find "God created life and universe" theory more acceptable than evolution and scientific theories about creation of universe which has been experimentally proven.
2. You have experienced miracles in life which forces you to believe that God exists. When a bus collides with a wall, only 3 things can possibly happen. [A] you are safe. [B] you get injured [C] you die.
the problem is when you are safe you think god saved you, when you get injured you think god saved you from death, only when you die, you realize the truth that god is not there. but again you are dead already hence you are unable to get the truth.
Edited by TheDarkEnergy, 30 September 2012 - 11:23 AM.