Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Roswell was Soviet plot to create US panic

Devotees of science fiction have been convinced for decades that an alien spacecraft crashed in the desert of New Mexico – and that the American government covered up the recovery of extraterrestrial bodies.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/ufo/8512408/Roswell-was-Soviet-plot-to-create-US-panic.html

It wasn't aliens, it was Nazis, Communists and mutants: New book reveals the 'real' story behind the Roswell landing

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1386999/Stalin-Joseph-Mengele-Nazi-jet-fighter-New-book-Annie-Jacobsen-reveals-real-story-alien-landing-Roswell.html#ixzz1MJFGqStp

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psyche101

• skyeagle409

• lost_shaman

• Space Commander Travis

Men come from Mars and women are from Venus, but surely this story comes from Uranus ? :wacko:

Men come from Mars and women are from Venus, but surely this story comes from Uranus ? :wacko:

Nice one Habitat!

Now come here Habitat and clean up the coffee that went through my nose and onto my monitor!

Sounds like a variation of the story that it was deformed products of Japanese eugenics experiments or something along those lines that were used as test dummies by the US for Secret Aircraft testing. At least that version is slightly more credible in that it doesn't suppose the USSR managing to get a Secret Bomber across the Atlantic and into US airspace undetected, and within shouting distance of the base of the bomber squadron that had dropped the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, before it went "whoopsie".

So was doesn't the US say that there would be no reason to hide it now.

You go, Habitat....LMAO. Guess the new book just ignores all the statements of Marcel to Stanton Friedman and hundreds of corroborating stories. Disinformation is a powerful tool. Too work this hard, on multiple levels to discredit the incident, and keep doing it for this long, only lends more credence to the original stories. Right on 747400!

Hahaha :w00t:

Yeah, right... Although the Soviets would have loved to have done something like this, I doubt they had the gall. Sounds like a smokescreen to me.

looks pregnant lol

My question about Roswell is whether all the witnesses are complete liars? There are hundreds of civilian and military witnesses, and the only way to deny the whole story about some kind of weird thing crashing there is if all of them are 100% liars or 100% crazy.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1944311/the_roswell_ufo_crash_case_roswell_confessions/

Or 100% Tequila ! Viva Tequila ! Now thats a Roswell wit Salt on the Ridge !

If ever you open your eyes, you may finally see and realise that direct experience is the only truth you'll ever really know. Even what is an apparent absolute truth for me can only ever be your belief. Keep it clear in the mind that beliefs are not truth. Not even close. Beliefs only obscure truth.

I think Habitat has written the definitive review of this drivel! :D

Ha ha ha ha ha classic - Thanks Persia!

What I want to know is what the skeptics think of this - it certainly would explain why so many witnesses claim to have seen a craft or bodies.

We're never going to hear the end of this 'Roswell Incident'.

Hahaha, that was funny.

Ha ha ha ha ha classic - Thanks Persia!

What I want to know is what the skeptics think of this - it certainly would explain why so many witnesses claim to have seen a craft or bodies.

We're never going to hear the end of this 'Roswell Incident'.

Well, surely you don't need to ask the Skeptics. Surely even the most enthusiastic Believer could only ROTF, L'ing, at the preposterousness of the whole idea.

Did, by the way, any witnesses who claimed to be on the spot at the time claim to see any bodies? or were they added as a colourful detail subsequently?

Well, surely you don't need to ask the Skeptics. Surely even the most enthusiastic Believer could only ROTF, L'ing, at the preposterousness of the whole idea.

Did, by the way, any witnesses who claimed to be on the spot at the time claim to see any bodies? or were they added as a colourful detail subsequently?

Yes, absolutely they did... one that springs to mind off the top of my head is a fire fighter that was 'on scene' - he said he saw 'aliens'. I think he even claimed that he felt the 'thought', 'You can't help me', as if the alien was communicating telepathically...

There was military - some guard who claimed he was allowed a peek...

Wasn't there a nurse too?

Edited by Paxus

Hmmm, sounds like a Colourful Embellishment to me. I've always thought it'd be more likely that they'd use unmanned craft.

Actually, I've just realised that this story is actually a non-ET theory, isn't it, so by definition, according to some, it must be inherently more plausible than the ET explanation. You're right, it would be interesting to see the opinions of people who hold such a view.

All I can think of is some drunk soviets saying "ahahaha lets go prank the Americans and pretend to be Aliens" and then try and fly their makeshift UFO while under the influence and crashing.

Yes, absolutely they did... one that springs to mind off the top of my head is a fire fighter that was 'on scene' - he said he saw 'aliens'. I think he even claimed that he felt the 'thought', 'You can't help me', as if the alien was communicating telepathically...

There was military - some guard who claimed he was allowed a peek...

Wasn't there a nurse too?

yes.....and the underlined....that 'being' in the Is It Real thread hasn't got any ears.... :huh:

if you communicated totally on the telepathic level you might not need ears...and you wouldn't need to

speak any of the many earth languages. Which could come in handy when captured by humans.... :o^_^

lol...funny stuff. Maybe that's what "Skinny bob" is, a USSR hoax to frighten Americans during the cold war and they never got a chance to release the footage and someone happened to stumble across it recently...viral away!

Edited by Damrod

Oh darnit, I posted about my reactions to yesterday's Roswell news story on another related thread. http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=206563&st=15&p=3917386entry3917386

After all, the Cold War was all about the risk of a Soviet invasion equipped with military air weaponry and nuclear bombs. But to expect Roswell itself was a Soviet maneuver into our national air space to miss its target, what kind of explanation is that? :unsure:

And someone mentioned the use of mutants, this is right out of the movie script of the upcoming X-Men: First Class. B)

Edited by Makoto Jupiter