Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Philosophy

deadneos

i couldnt find out were to start this question so im doing it here :huh:

what does this mean?

Everything has meaning existence meaning being alive has meaning have dreams use power

Edited by Tiggs

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leonardo

• deadneos

• eight bits

• Belle.

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a Philosophy Forum - I'll move this post there.

Tiggs

[Forum Mod Team]

To paraphrase Deepak Chopra, I hope someone can correct me if I have the order wrong or skipped a part, but thoughts create desire, desire creates potential, potential creates action, and action creates reality. Thus from a single thought we can create our own reality. Our happiness, our success, our relationships, and even the realization of our dreams.

Is this the meaning you are referring to? The meaning we devise? Or are you simply wondering if the divine has set out a meaning and we have to discover it through our existence, life, dreams, and the power we can tap into?

But does anything really have meaning other than the meaning we give it? Would the universe care about it's meaning if it didn't produce beings able to ponder whether there is a meaning?

i couldnt find out were to start this question so im doing it here :huh:

what does this mean?

Everything has meaning existence meaning being alive has meaning have dreams use power

This seems to me to be a run-on sentence where one takes very short sentences/snippets of sentences and uses the last word of a sentence to start the next, but combine all these in one sentence.

I would ask where you found this, deadneos?

It doesn't make any particular sense at the end of the sentence, but knowing the context might help with that.

Is this like the intelligence test in Flowers for Algernon?

Given : that that is is that that is not is not

Reply: That that is, is. That that is not, is not.

If so, then one solution for

would be

Everything has meaning. Existence, meaning being alive, has meaning. Have dreams use? Power?

But does anything really have meaning other than the meaning we give it? Would the universe care about it's meaning if it didn't produce beings able to ponder whether there is a meaning?

:tu: There is no meaning without a life. Before meaning come to existence, it takes life in One's head. Until that it exist lifeless.

Is this like the intelligence test in Flowers for Algernon?

Given : that that is is that that is not is not

Reply: That that is, is. That that is not, is not.

If so, then one solution for

would be

Everything has meaning. Existence, meaning being alive, has meaning. Have dreams use? Power?

I was thinking along the same lines, eight bits, but the last few words/sentences didn't make sense (in the context of the philosophical direction of the first two sentences which are about meaning), hence I asked my question.

Howdy, Leo, I thought your question was great.

I liked it so much, I Googled the phrase, and look where it came up

http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/cheats/GBA/...on_firered.html

(on the page, search for "Brail text")

Apparently it has something to do with video gaming.

Howdy, Leo, I thought your question was great.

I liked it so much, I Googled the phrase, and look where it came up

http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/cheats/GBA/...on_firered.html

(on the page, search for "Brail text")

Apparently it has something to do with video gaming.

:lol:

So we are being asked to help someone cheat on their Pokemon video game!!!!!!!!!

deadneos,

It's likely one would have to have knowledge of the game itself before we could discern the meaning of this phrase in that context. I'd put this question to those who have played the game if I were you.

I'm not going to say anything to those posters who responded with deep philosophical insight to this. :P

:rofl:

The Philosophy of Pokemon

:w00t:

Edited by Leonardo

:lol:

So we are being asked to help someone cheat on their Pokemon video game!!!!!!!!!

deadneos,

It's likely one would have to have knowledge of the game itself before we could discern the meaning of this phrase in that context. I'd put this question to those who have played the game if I were you.

I'm not going to say anything to those posters who responded with deep philosophical insight to this. :P

:rofl:

:w00t::lol::rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Everything is a dream and all of this is a video game you just have to know your way around this crazy world in order to survive......

Everything is a dream and all of this is a video game you just have to know your way around this crazy world in order to survive......

Dreaming is a meditative state of unconsciousness. With consciousness we all perceive and make up our own individual reality. To say everything is a dream would mean we are all asleep. We could be in an ever lasting inter-consciously linked dream, and never know it? But when we are awake, we are able to think, to question & analyze our own reality. With that we can gain a better concept of another persons perspective, & make judgment on that person. How is this so? It is so because we are conscious. Though what a man defines as his own reality varies. So to say my outlook on a dream is different from yours. Still, there is a very distinguishable difference between a conscious and unconscious outlook. I am active, I am alive, I am not on my bed drooling. You see? Life does bring its delusions. However, we often embrace them unknowingly. Even to embrace them without questioning is a part of a conscious function.

To gain many knowledgeable & insightful perspectives does help guide us. But often we must trust our own intuition.