Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

Are Extraterrestrials Really Demons?

• Please log in to reply
442 replies to this topic

#226    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,534 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:19 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 22 March 2013 - 03:40 AM, said:

IOW, you can't give a more definitive answer to the question than I can. I indeed can't prove that demons and extraterrestrials exist. You can't demonstrate that all claimed encounters with said entities are false. Out of all of the scores of claimed encounters out there, odds are that *some* of them are more than just prosaic incidents.

Why do you feel odds indicate a small percentage of claims are genuine as opposed to none of them?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#227    Detective Mystery 2015

Detective Mystery 2015

Poltergeist

• 2,705 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 28 March 2013 - 06:19 AM, said:

Why do you feel odds indicate a small percentage of claims are genuine as opposed to none of them?

The sources are believable. They can't all be wrong. In fact, it would be less likely that *all* of them were wrong than *some* of them were right. It's a bit too convenient and handy to discount all accounts.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#228    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

Eh. maybe we should think about whether said abduction accounts seem anything like, say demonic possessions. If they basically have the same M.O. that might be a better way to understand whether or not aliens share any link with demons.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#229    Detective Mystery 2015

Detective Mystery 2015

Poltergeist

• 2,705 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:19 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 29 March 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

Eh. maybe we should think about whether said abduction accounts seem anything like, say demonic possessions. If they basically have the same M.O. that might be a better way to understand whether or not aliens share any link with demons.

Let's take it in another direction. What role does hypnotic suggestion play in recovered memories of things like abductions and SRA? Some therapists probably plant false narratives. These falsehoods become "truths" in a certain segment of alternative psychology.

#230    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 30 March 2013 - 02:19 AM, said:

Let's take it in another direction. What role does hypnotic suggestion play in recovered memories of things like abductions and SRA? Some therapists probably plant false narratives. These falsehoods become "truths" in a certain segment of alternative psychology.
But how would that relate to demons, even if the hypnotist is implanting false memories I dont see any way that those memomies that hes implanted could be seen as demonic possession.

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#231    Detective Mystery 2015

Detective Mystery 2015

Poltergeist

• 2,705 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:01 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 30 March 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

But how would that relate to demons, even if the hypnotist is implanting false memories I dont see any way that those memomies that hes implanted could be seen as demonic possession.

It didn't really relate to demons. I took demonic possession out of the equation for the most part when I steered the discussion in another direction. Were memories of claimed abductions and SRA confabulated or implanted by hypnotic suggestions? I hijacked my own thread. :yes:

#232    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 31 March 2013 - 03:01 AM, said:

It didn't really relate to demons. I took demonic possession out of the equation for the most part when I steered the discussion in another direction. Were memories of claimed abductions and SRA confabulated or implanted by hypnotic suggestions? I hijacked my own thread. :yes:
But why would a hypnotist implant false memories? Just to keep the person coming back to them, If so then wow.

#233    Detective Mystery 2015

Detective Mystery 2015

Poltergeist

• 2,705 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:38 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 31 March 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

But why would a hypnotist implant false memories? Just to keep the person coming back to them, If so then wow.

It could be accidental *or* intentional. Some of them might not realize that they're doing it, as they share the beliefs of their patients. Some of them are just pop shrinks pushing trendy psychiatric snake oil. It's all part of the decreasing recovered memory industry.

#234    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

Sad world we live in when you cant even trust the person your supposed to be able to trust.

#235    Detective Mystery 2015

Detective Mystery 2015

Poltergeist

• 2,705 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:53 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 01 April 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

Sad world we live in when you cant even trust the person your supposed to be able to trust.

Not all hypnotherapists are like that. Most of them are good people with a strong sense of ethics and professionalism. There's just a fringe that do more harm than good. Some of them ruin the lives of their patients, and some of them ruin the lives of other people who aren't even "treated" by them.

#236    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 02 April 2013 - 02:53 AM, said:

Not all hypnotherapists are like that. Most of them are good people with a strong sense of ethics and professionalism. There's just a fringe that do more harm than good. Some of them ruin the lives of their patients, and some of them ruin the lives of other people who aren't even "treated" by them.
I guess the power goes to there heads

#237    Detective Mystery 2015

Detective Mystery 2015

Poltergeist

• 2,705 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:16 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 02 April 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

I guess the power goes to there heads

That happens. Some of them have agendas too.

#238    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:17 AM

I haven't read all 16 pages of the thread, so I don't know if anyone has cited these scriptures.

But here is where the scriptural Satan/demon and UFO theory stems from:

Matthew 24:24 "For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.

2 Thessalonians 2:9-10 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish,

Revelations 13:11-15 11 Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb and he spoke as a dragon. 12 He exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence. And he makes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed. 13 He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the presence of men. 14 And he deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who *had the wound of the sword and has come to life. 15 And it was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast would even speak and cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed.

Basically, the idea is that UFOs are just another ploy by Satan to deceive the world and remove its attention off of God.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#239    Sailn62

Sailn62

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:51 AM

C'mon guys. you couldn't prove it unless they land in Washington and start doing demon stuff. Whatever that is. I did find a book called the Testament of Solomon in which Solomon commands and guides demons to build his temple. Oh, this isn't a recent book. It's a bunch of centuries old. Anyway, I think I would like to know what's on that piece of paper the general is holding in his left hand in the picture on the home page of this site. I saw (I think) a show where this letter was magnified and the letter revealed some startling information. This information is the only "evidence" that convinces me that a real investigation needs to be done. By whom, I have no idea. Who can get access to anything they want that would tell the public of their findings? We will have to break into these places someday. I fear it's the only way to know for sure, if that's actually possible.   Stay paranoid!

#240    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,602 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

If the Bible wanted to warn us that aliens were demons, it could have been far more specific.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users