Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Personal Experience

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    HAEB

HAEB

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

• Trying not to fear what I don't understand.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

Strange things happen to people every day, and like everyone else you just sometimes forget.
I had an experience years ago, maybe 5-6 that I think of time to time since it happened.
It's not any type of alien story or one I share besides to one member of my family and as much as I reason or think about it I always tend to be over come with emotion, pathetic I know. But I never know quite what to make of it or what exactly happened. But the moments and all leading up to it is so fresh and clear. It's like I can still hear the sounds even feel and smell. You see I live in a rather small town, but big enough to have a fair amount of fast moving traffic through the day, I remember I was walking to my mothers work place after school which was maybe ten minutes away. I can't remember what distracted me but I tend to have more inner monologue during the day then I do actually talking. I must have drifted off in thought for a second as I stepped out into the four way inner
section, the busiest possible area in our town, traffic was at it's peak and for some reason I didn't look both ways. I remember feeling my leg extend to walk before I saw it in my side vision clear as day, a huge white truck with it's headlights a millisecond away from connecting with me. I didn't in that moment even think- I was just stunned I wasn't processing the fact that I was about to
die before hitting my major stepping stones in life or that I was going to lose my family, my life. I know right now honestly looking back on the moment I don't know how I'm still alive, by all my logical reasoning I should be dead. The vehicle was so close even superman couldn't have shoved me out of the way in time. But something strange happened. I remember the almost gentle
hands on my shoulders, almost to gentle to have enough force to pull me back and yet they did. Someone saved me. Of all stupid things I claimed to have done up to that moment my ridiculous inability to look before crossing the street was the one that did it. Maybe the reason I don't understand this whole thing is because I really don't feel like I was worth saving, I feel ashamed and embarrassed to say that because I know that every life matters but why not someone else who
has done great things or is the ideal candidate for future good deeds. I know I'm no rocket scientist or medical whiz who will cure the world of cancer so what In the world would look so redeeming and worth saving in me. All I know is that after those hands pulled me back I went into some kind of low level shock. I remember a distinct male voice so close to my ear but the voice is barely
escapes my memory. He said something to me that I can barely remember and the more I try the more they slip away "Be safe. Watch out for yourself."

Almost instantly I bolted and after I crossed the street I looked back to see him perhaps walking or still waiting there. But no one was in the street or walking along the side walk. It was completely empty. I glanced in every direction, no way could he have gone into a nearby building in that time or turn and run into an alley, he was simply gone. The man, my saviour was gone. It was that instant my body over came the shock and rambled with questions about where he went. Or who he was, or even in my state I wondered maybe what he was. By that time I reached my mothers work and was in tears for the exact reason I don't understand yet, maybe it was almost having my life taken away or maybe it was everything. But the fact remains the same, someone saved me or rather as I by habit say "what" saved me. Naturally, my family being religious assumed it was my recently past away father acting as a guardian angel and who knows whats possible for all I know it could. Or maybe it wasn't. What bugs me is not knowing the person who saved my life or thanking him. And why he disappeared. There are so many mysteries in the world.

Edited by HAEB, 22 December 2012 - 06:57 AM.

#2    pitchp

pitchp

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 210 posts

• "I go when I want to go. To prolong life would be tasteless"
    Albert Einstein

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:20 AM

I know exactly what you mean! I've had a similar incident aswell when i was young. But I didn't get the hands like you did. Mine was time slowed down. I mean the traffic slowed down, people walking on the footpath slowed down almost to a halt. There is something about this universe, that's not what we think it is. I should also be dead by now, but I don't understand why i too got chosen to be saved. I mean if you think about it, you hear it on the news all the time people die, young kids die in accidents, yet we both have survived. I'm trying to figure out what is this strange anomaly that has saved us both! Anyways have a merry christmas to you and your family. Take care this holiday season.

Ciao

"The truth is out there. We are all searching for it."
   PitchP

#3    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

Ive escaped near death many times. A few with me have not. They haunt me when I go by there dying places and I know I could have maybe done one thing different to have changed the way it went down.

#4    notforgotten

notforgotten

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

• The educated lie can be the most deceiving...gullible people believe them without question.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

It could have been an angel in the invisible with supernatural powers.

#5    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 21,746 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

View PostHAEB, on 22 December 2012 - 06:09 AM, said:

Strange things happen to people every day, and like everyone else you just sometimes forget.
I had an experience years ago, maybe 5-6 that I think of time to time since it happened.
It's not any type of alien story or one I share besides to one member of my family and as much as I reason or think about it I always tend to be over come with emotion, pathetic I know. But I never know quite what to make of it or what exactly happened. But the moments and all leading up to it is so fresh and clear. It's like I can still hear the sounds even feel and smell. You see I live in a rather small town, but big enough to have a fair amount of fast moving traffic through the day, I remember I was walking to my mothers work place after school which was maybe ten minutes away. I can't remember what distracted me but I tend to have more inner monologue during the day then I do actually talking. I must have drifted off in thought for a second as I stepped out into the four way inner
section, the busiest possible area in our town, traffic was at it's peak and for some reason I didn't look both ways. I remember feeling my leg extend to walk before I saw it in my side vision clear as day, a huge white truck with it's headlights a millisecond away from connecting with me. I didn't in that moment even think- I was just stunned I wasn't processing the fact that I was about to
die before hitting my major stepping stones in life or that I was going to lose my family, my life. I know right now honestly looking back on the moment I don't know how I'm still alive, by all my logical reasoning I should be dead. The vehicle was so close even superman couldn't have shoved me out of the way in time. But something strange happened. I remember the almost gentle
hands on my shoulders, almost to gentle to have enough force to pull me back and yet they did. Someone saved me. Of all stupid things I claimed to have done up to that moment my ridiculous inability to look before crossing the street was the one that did it. Maybe the reason I don't understand this whole thing is because I really don't feel like I was worth saving, I feel ashamed and embarrassed to say that because I know that every life matters but why not someone else who
has done great things or is the ideal candidate for future good deeds. I know I'm no rocket scientist or medical whiz who will cure the world of cancer so what In the world would look so redeeming and worth saving in me. All I know is that after those hands pulled me back I went into some kind of low level shock. I remember a distinct male voice so close to my ear but the voice is barely
escapes my memory. He said something to me that I can barely remember and the more I try the more they slip away "Be safe. Watch out for yourself."

Almost instantly I bolted and after I crossed the street I looked back to see him perhaps walking or still waiting there. But no one was in the street or walking along the side walk. It was completely empty. I glanced in every direction, no way could he have gone into a nearby building in that time or turn and run into an alley, he was simply gone. The man, my saviour was gone. It was that instant my body over came the shock and rambled with questions about where he went. Or who he was, or even in my state I wondered maybe what he was. By that time I reached my mothers work and was in tears for the exact reason I don't understand yet, maybe it was almost having my life taken away or maybe it was everything. But the fact remains the same, someone saved me or rather as I by habit say "what" saved me. Naturally, my family being religious assumed it was my recently past away father acting as a guardian angel and who knows whats possible for all I know it could. Or maybe it wasn't. What bugs me is not knowing the person who saved my life or thanking him. And why he disappeared. There are so many mysteries in the world.

Welcome to UM, HAEB.
Please change that name or I’ll call you just Bee and we already have one Bee on UM :lol: Kidding. Except about Bee.
Shut up, Helen.

So, a lot of people will explain your experience away with the mild shock you were in. They’ll say you backed up on your own and imagined the rest, or that there was a pedestrian Samaritan near you and you didn’t notice him walk away because of said shock. Convenient set of excuses, but I believe you indeed remembered it all the way it truly happened.
Now, why some people are assisted and others are left to get hurt or die? I, of course, don’t know, but I know your very mature and modest wondering why it was you (no rocket scientist) that was saved caught my attention more than the unexplained in your story.
And I believe it could be the answer: maybe your life is worth saving precisely because you don’t feel it’s worth more than lives of others.

View PostAsteroidX, on 22 December 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

Ive escaped near death many times. A few with me have not. They haunt me when I go by there dying places and I know I could have maybe done one thing different to have changed the way it went down.

Don’t do that to yourself. If you did something different, maybe it would turn out even worse. If my grandma was my grandpa... even if you do know now what you could have done differently, you know that now because things happened the way they did.
We are not gods or machines, we can’t foresee consequences of each action we make and we can’t react perfectly each time, especially in extreme situations.

Posted Image

The 5 millionth post was Junior Chubb's fault :D
Donnie Darko did nothing, but I had to mention him too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users