Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is a "psychic"

luvnkind

While reading some of the posts I have noticed that there are many different views and definitions for the word “Psychic”

Normally this word makes you think of witch craft or voodoo.. over the edge stuff.. However over the years this is going further and further from the truth..

Definition of Psychic: All things on this earth are connected by energy. Trees, rocks, buildings, books.. and people.. ect. Ect. Ect. Everything has an energy field that surrounds it. Some people who have slowed down in this life.. More in their mind find themselves connecting to others energies.. I have seen people on here give a reading and state before the reading “I AM NOT PSYCHIC” however they find out that they are very accurate on their reading .. Now, is this just a coincidence? “NO” whether they want to believe it or not they are truly connecting to the other persons energy.. Our conscious minds may not believe it but our spirit thinks it’s no big deal it knows we can do that and it does upon request.

People who are “psychic” or what I call “in tune” are doing nothing more than tuning in the radio or energy waves.. Nothing special.. Nothing unexplainable.. But just more in tune.. Some people are just learning how to do this and find it very difficult to separate their conscious minds from the spirit or inner self whatever you’d like to call it. This is why you may only get 50% right this number becomes larger when you stop doubting yourself.

Try this, stare off into space or a wall whatever, it doesn’t matter what you look at… sky, wall, floor, tv and unfocus your view similar to looking at one of those pictures you have to unfocus your eyes to see what it is.. Which in a way is the exact concept of what “Psychics” do.. they unfocus their conscious mind and allow the inner more in tune part take over.. try a reading of someone.. you might be very surprised at what you get.. make it someone you don't know.

Some will see still pictures some will have the knowledge infused in their minds.. Everyone is different but EVERYONE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Meditation is a great way to begin to slow your mind down. This takes a couple days in some cases.. but teach yourself to think of nothing “picture your focus on the blackness” then slowly ask a question in your mind.. Something you don’t know the answer to.. like …

Is there life on other planets?

Is there really an energy field around everything?

Do I have someone with me at all times? Like a spirit guide..

Let the answers come..

Something else you might find interesting is looking at your auras... stand in a mirror infront of a white wall or door.. and stare just above your head not far above but maybe one inch and again unfocus your eyes and you will begin to see a white light surrounding your entire body.. now this is like tuning in you get better and better with time.. the more you do it the more your muscles strengthen.. you will soon begin to see colors surounding people and things... very interesting thing to try..

Well good luck to all and if you have something to add GREAT..

Love ya, Luvnkind

Edited by luvnkind

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luvnkind

• John from Lowell

• Oderint

• insanemind

Very well put, I honestly don't care for the word psychic. I believe the technical name is Extrasensory perception. Which is more exact name to the ability. I really don't like when ppl try to tie it to mysticism or divinity. Everyone has the ability some just have better tuning then others. We rely on the 5 common senses to much that we have in sorta way detuned the 6th sense. I do think alot of ppl on this board our guilty of feeding the misinformation. Then again I'm starting to think ppl think I'm nuts or just cant answer my questions.

Edited by insanemind

I would agree with each of you.

I suspect that one of the reason why the phrase "I Am Not Psychic" is mentioned so often is because we still associate logical thinking with rational thinking.

Logical thinking is connected to the 5 senses with its set of physical qualities. Rational thinking on the other hand is not entirely dependant of logic. It includes instinct, intuition and discernment. These are awareness skills that compliment logic but does not replace it. It may not be able to tell you what a friend will be doing tomorrow at 3 PM when you just want to know, as if these things are controllable, but it will tell you that If You Need To Know. That is the difference.

So many people use that phrase because it is not controllable in a logical way. Our culture is fixated on the logical. The rational on the other hand is grander than the logical. It uses all our god given senses. Most of us have a way of knowing what is best that is beyond logical explanation. I see this as truly rational thinking.

So for me psychic is not special. It is more natural for some and more developed in others.

There is another reason we will continue to see this phrase. It is because it needs to be avoided like a plague by many. There is a real fear of self empowerment because then we would be held accountable for our choices. Just imagine if we had no one to blame but ourselves for the circumstances in our lives. I shudder to think of what our world would be like if we could not find someone to blame for the things we do not like.

I think we will continue to see that phrase. None of us want to be different. All of us want to be seen as normal and be accepted by others. So until the definition of normal expands and we learn to understand that the circumstances we create have a purpose, even when we do not like them, the way these things are understood will stay the same.

John

I would agree with each of you.

I suspect that one of the reason why the phrase "I Am Not Psychic" is mentioned so often is because we still associate logical thinking with rational thinking.

Logical thinking is connected to the 5 senses with its set of physical qualities. Rational thinking on the other hand is not entirely dependant of logic. It includes instinct, intuition and discernment. These are awareness skills that compliment logic but does not replace it. It may not be able to tell you what a friend will be doing tomorrow at 3 PM when you just want to know, as if these things are controllable, but it will tell you that If You Need To Know. That is the difference.

So many people use that phrase because it is not controllable in a logical way. Our culture is fixated on the logical. The rational on the other hand is grander than the logical. It uses all our god given senses. Most of us have a way of knowing what is best that is beyond logical explanation. I see this as truly rational thinking.

So for me psychic is not special. It is more natural for some and more developed in others.

There is another reason we will continue to see this phrase. It is because it needs to be avoided like a plague by many. There is a real fear of self empowerment because then we would be held accountable for our choices. Just imagine if we had no one to blame but ourselves for the circumstances in our lives. I shudder to think of what our world would be like if we could not find someone to blame for the things we do not like.

I think we will continue to see that phrase. None of us want to be different. All of us want to be seen as normal and be accepted by others. So until the definition of normal expands and we learn to understand that the circumstances we create have a purpose, even when we do not like them, the way these things are understood will stay the same.

John

My John :tu: I knew I could count on you to understand... this is something that if people understood it would help the world in many ways....

love, luvnkind PS.. i understood that whole thing the first time around... you must love me now.. you see my name and think "Must be simple with this one" rotflmao!!!! :)

Very well put, I honestly don't care for the word psychic. I believe the technical name is Extrasensory perception. Which is more exact name to the ability. I really don't like when ppl try to tie it to mysticism or divinity. Everyone has the ability some just have better tuning then others. We rely on the 5 common senses to much that we have in sorta way detuned the 6th sense. I do think alot of ppl on this board our guilty of feeding the misinformation. Then again I'm starting to think ppl think I'm nuts or just cant answer my questions.

insanemind... thank you for reading this.. i hope others understand!! i think i'm going to change it around a little to make it more put together.. reread it after bit..

love ya, luvnkind

I may try some meditating when I get the time :tu:

always wanted to be "psychic", and have had some experiences, but it would be good to "know" how to do it, rather than just be suprised when it shows up in your head :P

I'm pretty sure everyone can be psychic, but some have a harder job getting there than others. for various reasons.

Still... part of me doubts it all. There's a sceptic in there that just refuses to die.

Again I have to recommend people interested in this to check out the top two links in my sig.

Edited by Prawus

I may try some meditating when I get the time :tu:

always wanted to be "psychic", and have had some experiences, but it would be good to "know" how to do it, rather than just be suprised when it shows up in your head :P

I'm pretty sure everyone can be psychic, but some have a harder job getting there than others. for various reasons.

Still... part of me doubts it all. There's a sceptic in there that just refuses to die.

Again I have to recommend people interested in this to check out the top two links in my sig.

lol..you are so funny... i agree we all have sceptic climbing around us.. i remember for years i had no idea what the heck was going on.. but about twenty years ago i decided that i was going to work on it instead of try and push it off...

well, good luck and let me know if you need anything at all.. i'm more then happy to help..

luvnkind

PS.. i understood that whole thing the first time around... you must love me now.. you see my name and think "Must be simple with this one" rotflmao!!!! :)

I do love you and your humor.

I also have great faith in nature and the way in which understanding unfolds for each of us.

There are many here who are being helpful, like yourself. Some of these things take time. There is a well oiled process taking place. It is not logical, it is magical.

John

I do love you and your humor.

I also have great faith in nature and the way in which understanding unfolds for each of us.

There are many here who are being helpful, like yourself. Some of these things take time. There is a well oiled process taking place. It is not logical, it is magical.

John

I agree there are many people here including yourself that dedicate their time to help others.. and it's very nice to see that.. i hope this gives people an idea of what it's really like..

well have a great weekend.. love, luvnkind

I agree there are many people here including yourself that dedicate their time to help others.. and it's very nice to see that.. i hope this gives people an idea of what it's really like..

well have a great weekend.. love, luvnkind

Also I have a word doc that can help those wanting to become more "in tune" if youd like a copy message me with your email and i'll send it to ya.. can't put it on here it wont let me..

hope all is well, love luvnkind

A psychic is a mentally unstable/ delusional person who is under the impression that they can do wonderful and amazing things using only their mind or 'magic' as they call it, despite a severe lack of evidence, said delusional people still continue to live with the idea that they are so different and far more evolved than anyone else.

Edited by ShadowsAndDust

A psychic is a mentally unstable/ delusional person who is under the impression that they can do wonderful and amazing things using only their mind or 'magic' as they call it, despite a severe lack of evidence, said delusional people still continue to live with the idea that they are so different and far more evolved than anyone else.

Sorry you feel this way...:( and no i don't think that anyone who can do this is more evolved then anyone else.. i actually believe that there isn't a person alive who CAN'T do it.. no one is higher then another..

delusional.. okay maybe at times :tu: but its normally over things like kids.. husband... jobs.. lol.. everyday life..

i hope you can reread my post and look at it with more of an open mind.. if not please don't be unkind.. i posted this for those who would like to understand it more. I don't want this to become an arguement..

it's okay for you or I to accept the others beliefs... and i accept that this is something that you don't believe in.. I respect your beliefs..

with love, luvnkind