Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Royal baby 'should be Princess of Wales'

princess duke and duchess of cambridge royal baby

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61    Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea

Pienso en ti siempre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts

• 'The light of the world'

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

:clap: :w00t: Posted Image

"Love one another as I have loved you" John 15:9-17

#62    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 24 January 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

Thank god for that! I thought our troops were in real danger! I guess all the casualties were from tripping over their own bootlaces.

I love it how these badly trained rebels have been fighting with us for 10 years when they can't compete. It really shows their fighting spirit.

Actually, our casualty numbers are VERY low. And a lot of them are made up form friendly fire and accidents. lol (I know you where being sarcastic but it's actually true)

In Iraq and Afghanistan the highest casualty numbers are actually civilian by a very long gap over military on both sides.

Blame the US government that was in power in the 70, they sent the CIA to train these people back then and supply them with weapons. They are still suing the same guns from the 70's that they used against the Russians. It's nothing to do wiht trianing in reality though, the reason they are hard to defeat fully is because they are not a proper Military force, they hide in house and mountains and look like normal every day Afghanistan civilians.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#63    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,412 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:01 AM

View PostCoffey, on 24 January 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

Actually, our casualty numbers are VERY low. And a lot of them are made up form friendly fire and accidents. lol (I know you where being sarcastic but it's actually true)

In Iraq and Afghanistan the highest casualty numbers are actually civilian by a very long gap over military on both sides.

Blame the US government that was in power in the 70, they sent the CIA to train these people back then and supply them with weapons. They are still suing the same guns from the 70's that they used against the Russians. It's nothing to do wiht trianing in reality though, the reason they are hard to defeat fully is because they are not a proper Military force, they hide in house and mountains and look like normal every day Afghanistan civilians.
Yes, the young men who fought the Soviets are the commanders of other young men fighting us. These are the same guys.  Just older and wiser, and confident in their winning.   And they know as well as we do, that we'll leave exactly like the Soviets did.   Another money hole, a la Vietnam.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#64    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsafe at Any Speed

• 24,084 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

View PostCoffey, on 24 January 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

Not from what I've read. But fighting a bunch of badly trained rebels with modern day military technology isn't that difficult.

It's not like he is doing a beach landing in WW2 where he would have been at a serious disadvantage.
Bloody hell, mate, you know how to make yourself popular. If it's that easy, how come it's taken ten years so far, and I seem to recall that these Badly Trained Rebels have managed to inflict a few casualties while they were at it.  Why not pop out to the 'Stan and see how easy it is. If it's that easy, I'm sure you'll have no problem sorting them out in a couple of weeks.  I really do think your blind hatred is making you veer wildly off the path of rationality.

View PostCoffey, on 24 January 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

Andrew and Harry never once saw any "action". All the royals wher ein safe positions. They even made up some BS about Harry being taken out of Afghanistan due to the safety of his fellow soldiers...
Um... Prince Andrew also holds the actual rank of commander and the honorary rank of rear admiral in the Royal Navy, in which he served as an active duty helicopter pilot and later instructor in helicopter flight. He saw active service during the Falklands War, flying on multiple missions including anti-surface warfare, Exocet missile decoy and casualty evacuation.

nope, no actual hazards there at all. Again, this seems just to be blind, irrational hatred I'm afraid.

Edited by Lord Vetinari, 25 January 2013 - 07:50 AM.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#65    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 25 January 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

Bloody hell, mate, you know how to make yourself popular. If it's that easy, how come it's taken ten years so far, and I seem to recall that these Badly Trained Rebels have managed to inflict a few casualties while they were at it.  Why not pop out to the 'Stan and see how easy it is. If it's that easy, I'm sure you'll have no problem sorting them out in a couple of weeks.  I really do think your blind hatred is making you veer wildly off the path of rationality.

I have plenty of friends over there acting like it's a holiday. lol

I mean badly trianed in the sense they cna't handle the guns and equipment thye are using properly. They are well trained in hiding and guerrilla tactics etc, I explained that before.

View PostLord Vetinari, on 25 January 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

Um... Prince Andrew also holds the actual rank of commander and the honorary rank of rear admiral in the Royal Navy, in which he served as an active duty helicopter pilot and later instructor in helicopter flight. He saw active service during the Falklands War, flying on multiple missions including anti-surface warfare, Exocet missile decoy and casualty evacuation.

nope, no actual hazards there at all. Again, this seems just to be blind, irrational hatred I'm afraid.

He would never have been in a dangerous position.

#66    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

View PostCoffey, on 24 January 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

Actually, our casualty numbers are VERY low.

No, they aren't.  The British military has suffered 440 fatalities so far, which is more than the rest of Europe combined and almost three times as many as the country which has suffered the next highest number of fatalities, Canada.

And a lot of them are made up form friendly fire and accidents. lol (I know you where being sarcastic but it's actually true)

Of those 440 fatalities the overwhelming majority - 396 (90%) - of them are a result of enemy action.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 26 January 2013 - 03:16 PM.

#67    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsafe at Any Speed

• 24,084 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

View PostCoffey, on 25 January 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:

I have plenty of friends over there acting like it's a holiday. lol

I mean badly trianed in the sense they cna't handle the guns and equipment thye are using properly. They are well trained in hiding and guerrilla tactics etc, I explained that before.

He would never have been in a dangerous position.
seriously, your hatred really seems to be making you unable to read now, I'm afraid.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#68    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 26 January 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

seriously, your hatred really seems to be making you unable to read now, I'm afraid.

Oh stop with the silly baiting. I don't hate anyone. lol

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 26 January 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

No, they aren't.  The British military has suffered 440 fatalities so far, which is more than the rest of Europe combined and almost three times as many as the country which has suffered the next highest number of fatalities, Canada.

Of those 440 fatalities the overwhelming majority - 396 (90%) - of them are a result of enemy action.

Britain had 449,800 in WW2......  :whistle:

#69    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostCoffey, on 23 January 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

The charity works is BS. It doesn't do anything. Applied for Princes trust when Is tarted out in my Dream career. Nothing.

The Prince's Trust has worked with 40,000 young people each year since Prince Charles set it up in 1976, with around 80% moving on to Employment, Education, Training or Volunteering.

You don't sound like someone who knows much about the real world in the UK.

I know that the overwhelming majority of the British people want to keep the monarchy and there is almost no desire for a republic.

My point is that the Queen might be head of state, but she doesn't do anything with it. Which means there is no point here being there.

There are several reasons for the monarchy, one good one being that we aren't lumbered with a politician as a Head of State.

If you asked most people would they rather stick with the monarchy or change it and have someone like Cameron, Miliband, Clegg, Obama, Hollande or Merkel as their Head of State the vast majority would choose to stick with the monarchy.

Please enlighten us with what decisions she actually makes regarding Britain

Why don't you do your own research about the work that the monarch performs?  It's shouldn't be too difficult.

As for Royals during wartime, they are all put in safe positions away from any Danger.

Yet more tripe.

Prince Philip and Princess Elizabeth actually SERVED in the war.  Philip actually took part in naval battles, including the Battle of Cape Matapan.  He was present in Tokyo Bay when the instrument of Japanese surrender was signed.

As for the King and Queen, they were offered to be taken to Canada where they would have been much safer, but instead they decided to stay in London at the height of the Blitz.  They refused to go even when Buckingham Palace was being bombed.

And what about Harry?  Show evidence that he was put in a safe position in Afghanistan.  His comrades would disagree with you.

If you class that as serving our country when others go without who did far more during WW2

You can't help but post rubbish.  Why don't you just take a look at what Prince Philip did during the war, such as when he saved his ship from a night bomber attack?

And there has just been a British royal taking part in a war for the second time.  And Harry's uncle, Prince Andrew, saw action in the Falklands War.

Yet how many British politicians have seen action in war recently?  Not one.

Would also like to point out thta I would NEVER be rich for one simple reason. I am not greedy enough. I would give too much to help others and give a lot to family and friends.

It looks like you are going to be visited by this guy...

Posted Image

View PostCoffey, on 26 January 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

Britain had 449,800 in WW2......  :whistle:

So?  This isn't WWII.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 26 January 2013 - 03:45 PM.

#70    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsafe at Any Speed

• 24,084 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

View PostCoffey, on 26 January 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

Oh stop with the silly baiting. I don't hate anyone. lol

Really? Then why do you seem to be so determined to deny that there've been any significant casualties worth speaking of in Afghanistan, merely to reinforce your prejudice against the Monarchy? Who's doing the baiting here?

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#71    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 26 January 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

Really? Then why do you seem to be so determined to deny that there've been any significant casualties worth speaking of in Afghanistan, merely to reinforce your prejudice against the Monarchy? Who's doing the baiting here?

the casualty rating for Afghan Civilians is higher than British troops, never mind their rebel casualties. Which means we are just massacring them.

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 26 January 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

So?  This isn't WWII.

No ****, but that was my comparison earlier. So well done on not even following the point of what I said.

Edited by Coffey, 26 January 2013 - 06:07 PM.

#72    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

There are several reasons for the monarchy, one good one being that we aren't lumbered with a politician as a Head of State.

If you asked most people would they rather stick with the monarchy or change it and have someone like Cameron, Miliband, Clegg, Obama, Hollande or Merkel as their Head of State the vast majority would choose to stick with the monarchy.

Wow how are you not getting this. I'm not repeating myself for a thousandth time because you obviously can't conceive the logic.

The Prince's Trust has worked with 40,000 young people each year since Prince Charles set it up in 1976, with around 80% moving on to Employment, Education, Training or Volunteering.

That's hilarious, quoting form their site.

If that was the real number then at least one person on this forum or anyone could name at least 1 person it has helped. Because I know I can't and I know a lot of people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users