Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

New to ouija

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#1    Biff Wellington

Biff Wellington

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:38 AM

I have never used a ouija board but I am very interested in them. I know many will recommend that I don't use one, but I'm ignorant and tend only to learn my lessons from experience. Anyhow my wife won't let me use one in the house and rightfully so, we have a young child & neither of us want anything to happen to her. Nevertheless I would still like to experience it, so I have a 2 questions:

1:Do online ouija boards work and if so are there any recommendations on ones to use.

2.When I do eventually use a real one (honoring my wife's wishes & keeping it out of the house) I would rather not use it alone. Unfortunately I just moved back to my hometown after being gone for nearly a decade and don't really know anybody in to this kind of stuff so I was wondering if there was any resources that would help me find any people who use one with me or at the least sit in on a few sessions.

#2    mcrguy18

mcrguy18

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

• Ghost, Monsters and Demons i get but people are just crazy.

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:09 PM

don't mess with ouija boards dude get rid of it it's not worth the trouble

#3    Obsessive

Obsessive

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

• "I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief".

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

1) No they don't.
2) There aren't any 'underground ouija clubs'. Just have to ask around.

Be sure to do your research on protecting yourself before using. Don't agitate a spirit. There are specific questions you do not ask. Never play alone or while sick, and know that if you do let evil in, it attaches to YOU, not to the environment you play in.

#4    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 2,928 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:49 PM

View PostBiffWellington, on 18 August 2011 - 05:38 AM, said:

I have never used a ouija board but I am very interested in them. I know many will recommend that I don't use one, but I'm ignorant and tend only to learn my lessons from experience. Anyhow my wife won't let me use one in the house and rightfully so, we have a young child & neither of us want anything to happen to her. Nevertheless I would still like to experience it, so I have a 2 questions:
There's many threads here that discuss about it, From the perspective of the skeptic and believer.

1:Do online ouija boards work and if so are there any recommendations on ones to use.
This has been asked time and again.

The Ouija board relies on something called the ideomotor effect, which is the effect that nuanced and even subconscious thoughts have on muscle movement. The concept is that you can never really stop your muscles from moving completely, and that subconscious thoughts can influence subtle movements in said muscles, even when you think that you are remaining still.

As in reflexive responses to pain, the body sometimes reacts reflexively to ideas alone without the person consciously deciding to take action. For instance, tears are produced by the body unconsciously in reaction to the emotion of sadness.

In the case of the Ouija board, this effect leads the user to personally determine where the indicator moves, whether he/she is aware of it or not.

As for Oujia software it's a program, it is bunch of 0's and 1's that is scripted into commands that you want to do. Think about it, why would a ghost limit ouija board software when you could be playing WOW and your chat suddenly says "I am HaHa"? or just load up word and talk to the screen and hope words appear.

2.When I do eventually use a real one (honoring my wife's wishes & keeping it out of the house) I would rather not use it alone. Unfortunately I just moved back to my hometown after being gone for nearly a decade and don't really know anybody in to this kind of stuff so I was wondering if there was any resources that would help me find any people who use one with me or at the least sit in on a few sessions.

Research is better than actually asking people for advice.

Read this:
http://sciencebasedl...e-subconscious/

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#5    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 2,928 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:51 PM

View Postmcrguy18, on 18 August 2011 - 12:09 PM, said:

don't mess with ouija boards dude get rid of it it's not worth the trouble
yes, the card board can give you deadly paper cuts.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#6    AZTom

AZTom

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:40 PM

When you get one, try this experiment. Ask your question,voila! an answer appears. Now try it blindfolded, sigh, no answers. Draw your own conclusions.

#7    _Only

_Only

• 6,453 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:42 PM

You should try it and come back and tell us what happened. :tu:

(all the people that say you shouldn't mess with it are no fun)

Edited by Jerry Only, 18 August 2011 - 05:43 PM.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#8    Clyde the Glyde

Clyde the Glyde

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:44 PM

If you do get one, promise your wife that you're keeping it outside. But secretly hide it in different areas inside the house.

Tell her it must be the demons moving it around.

#9    Robbie333

Robbie333

"Seek and you shall find"

• 2,790 posts

• Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there; I do not sleep.

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:15 PM

View PostBiffWellington, on 18 August 2011 - 05:38 AM, said:

BURN IT NOW !!!

Robbie James

#10    Biff Wellington

Biff Wellington

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:24 PM

View PostJerry Only, on 18 August 2011 - 05:42 PM, said:

You should try it and come back and tell us what happened. :tu:

(all the people that say you shouldn't mess with it are no fun)

That's what I say! I did however answer my 1st question last night... drum roll please... total garbage!!! They just give you the same set answers designed to scare the "intellectually challenged".

Edited by BiffWellington, 18 August 2011 - 06:25 PM.

#11    _Only

_Only

• 6,453 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:21 PM

View PostBiffWellington, on 18 August 2011 - 06:24 PM, said:

That's what I say! I did however answer my 1st question last night... drum roll please... total garbage!!! They just give you the same set answers designed to scare the "intellectually challenged".

Yeah, I tried one and it told me my shirt color was pink. I think the demon was looking for a fight.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#12    Biff Wellington

Biff Wellington

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

View PostJerry Only, on 18 August 2011 - 07:21 PM, said:

Yeah, I tried one and it told me my shirt color was pink. I think the demon was looking for a fight.

LOL! You should of water-boarded him with holy water or even better holy cola.

#13    Layna

Layna

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:50 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 18 August 2011 - 01:49 PM, said:

The Ouija board relies on something called the ideomotor effect,

[snip]

In the case of the Ouija board, this effect leads the user to personally determine where the indicator moves, whether he/she is aware of it or not.

While I appreciate good solid science and pretty much base my perceptions on such -- I am highly sceptical of the ideomotor effect being the root of the Ouija experience.  I am so close to an atheist it's not funny, and my ouija expience is the only thing -- yes, only thing -- that is keeping me firmly in the agnostic camp.  There is no way that the ideomotor effect is an acceptable explanation to MY experience....no way, no how.

Edited by Layna, 18 August 2011 - 08:51 PM.

A mythological order is a system of images that gives consciousness a sense of meaning in existence, which, my dear friend, has no meaning—it simply is. But the mind goes asking for meanings; it can’t play unless it knows (or makes up) some system of rules. ~ Joseph Campbell

Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

#14    Mabon

Mabon

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

• Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:46 PM

Hello Layna and welcome to the forum.

Here is a good article titled "How people are fooled by Ideomotor Action. Perhaps it can address some of your concerns. http://www.quackwatc.../ideomotor.html

Mabon.

One need not be a chamber to be haunted;
One need not be a house;
The brain has corridors surpassing
Material place.  ~ Emily Dickinson

#15    Layna

Layna

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:31 PM

View PostMabon, on 18 August 2011 - 09:46 PM, said:

Hello Layna and welcome to the forum.

Here is a good article titled "How people are fooled by Ideomotor Action. Perhaps it can address some of your concerns. http://www.quackwatc.../ideomotor.html

Mabon.

Thanks, Mabon.  But yeah, like I said, that explanation is just not in line with my experience.  Trust me, I wish it were.  On another note, ideomotor effect can be used as a great tool for accessing the subconcious -- now THAT part if it intrigues me!

Edited by Layna, 18 August 2011 - 10:33 PM.

A mythological order is a system of images that gives consciousness a sense of meaning in existence, which, my dear friend, has no meaning—it simply is. But the mind goes asking for meanings; it can’t play unless it knows (or makes up) some system of rules. ~ Joseph Campbell

Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users