Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If you could write good songs effortlesly..

rainbow_serpent

how would you try to get discovered? Say you could sit down and write hundreds of good songs on guitar one after another.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PsychicPenguin

• rainbow_serpent

• Kismit

• Jasu

I would play them for anybody who was willing to listen, and some people who weren't. I would play at open mic nights, in coffee shops where that sort of thing was allowed, everywhere. Once you make a name for yourself locally, try to branch out and hopefully you will be discovered. You might have to move to a place where you are more likely to be discovered. Try to get an agent.

Do you have this ability, RS?

Record them, burn to CD, send them to independent reccord labels. These small companies has the equipments you need to make a better recording, and you will be better working for them than working for your own. If you are doing really really well then someday a major label will discover you. Anyway.. where do you live?

If I had the talent I would play them anywhere.

I'd also send them to the lables. *Smiles* But playing them anywhere you can will help you go from a no name to someone. That helps alot. I mean if no one knows your name how will they know to buy your stuff.

I would copyright them and send them into music companies for the use of there allready known artists . Make my money, keep my annonymity and play my favorite songs in seedy lounge bars just for fun .

It depends on how you write the songs. If by writing them, do you mean lyrics or actual riffs on a guitar. Well, either way, you should try to form a band, then play at local places, or even record songs and put them in the internet to see if others really like it. Then from there, you try to be big. Remember, Fame guaruntees your song will be played today. Greatness guarantees your song will be played 20 or 30 years from now.

Or you can do what Josh Kelly did .

Place your songs on a free site for downloading MP#'s and alike . Then spend hours attatching them and sending them to people who listen to a similar style of music to yours .

What do you know record company producers use the spawn of Napster too .. huh.gif

If it was jst the songs I'd get someone who could do guitar riffs really good and let them be in my band.

If I could write my own guitar riffs then I'd go touring with my band as it is.

how would you try to get discovered? Say you could sit down and write hundreds of good songs on guitar one after another.

Yes I can do this. ( The music is all riffs and chords no lyrics.) I thought about contacting the media and telling them what I can do. I'm hopeing I can be discovered based on that attention alone.

sweet man. I couldnt write music if my life depended on it. NOW, i can draw...

Edited by Elmatto

Yes I can do this. ( The music is all riffs and chords no lyrics.) I thought about contacting the media and telling them what I can do. I'm hopeing I can be discovered based on that attention alone.

How long have you been playing? And if you can, maybe you can post some of your riffs in tabs on here. And look at other bands' tabs to compare yours to theirs. I would suggest looking at Chuck Berry, Guns N Roses, and Led Zeppelin.

Well... the thing is... there are a hell LOT of people who can do that. I can sit down with my guitar and play a new tune right away. Give me an hour and it is going to be a pretty good song. And with thousands of people like that, the media is not going to listen to you. I suggest you to follow these steps:

1. Find good musicians and form a band. Concept is useless, we want final products.

2. Tour! Play in local bars and events, be famous. This is also a good way to recieve feedbacks.

3. Built a home studio. Do not spend $2000, just set up something that works.

4. Demo disk. The standard is you record 3 of your BEST songs. All three must be in the same genre.

5. Send the demo disk to small independent labels. They are the one who are actively looking for new artists. Major labels and big media are going to ignore you.

From that point you have become a professional artist, you're not going to make much before a major label discover you, which depends on your skill, tallent, hardwork, and luck. For the time being, you can always upload your songs in the internet and let us know. I'll be more than happy to listen to them... but I'm not going to give you any contract tongue.gif

I have houndreds of songs, music, lyrics and all. IT IS HARD! Actually, I think I might go cry about it now. crying.gif

Oh to be heard. original.gif

Well... the thing is... there are a hell LOT of people who can do that. I can sit down with my guitar and play a new tune right away. Give me an hour and it is going to be a pretty good song. And with thousands of people like that, the media is not going to listen to you. I suggest you to follow these steps:

1. Find good musicians and form a band. Concept is useless, we want final products.

2. Tour! Play in local bars and events, be famous. This is also a good way to recieve feedbacks.

3. Built a home studio. Do not spend $2000, just set up something that works.

4. Demo disk. The standard is you record 3 of your BEST songs. All three must be in the same genre.

5. Send the demo disk to small independent labels. They are the one who are actively looking for new artists. Major labels and big media are going to ignore you.

From that point you have become a professional artist, you're not going to make much before a major label discover you, which depends on your skill, tallent, hardwork, and luck. For the time being, you can always upload your songs in the internet and let us know. I'll be more than happy to listen to them... but I'm not going to give you any contract tongue.gif

PsychicPenguin: the thing is I can write you not one good song but literally more that one hundred good songs on command. This has to be extremely rare. I hope I don't sound arrogant going on about how I can do this, but I just feel I should be able to skip gigging or paying dues since I have this talent. I have nothing on the internet yet, but I'm going to call someone soon about creating a site. Jasu: I have been playing for 5 years. Mentalcase: Do you have anything on the internet? I would like to hear your music.

Mentalcase: Do you have anything on the internet? I would like to hear your music.

I will have a site up soon devoted to my music and inspirations. There will be mp3s available for download.

It doesn't really matter how many songs you can write, you need only three to get a recording contract. Nobody in the music industry is going to listen through all of your 1000 songs. It is the quality that matters, not the quantity. In fact once you get a contract you are going to release only about 10 to 15 songs per year if you are the artist. It could be more if you write songs for other artists but still, you don't really need that much.

Try to think about it. You may be able to create 100 song concepts on command, but that is not what we are interested with. We want final products, finished songs. The lyricist has to work, and it takes time. The musicians have to rehearse, and it takes a hell lot of time, although the synthesizers used in modern pop music cut down this time significantly, it is still a lot of work. Finally, the production itself, recording and some finishing touch-ups.

You really have to find 3 of your BEST songs. And put lyrics on them. Try to find a lyricist if you cannot do it yourself, or go for instrumental. For a lot of artist the hardest part is to choose the 3 best songs, and I bet i is not going to be easy once you created more than 100 tongue.gif

I will have a site up soon devoted to my music and inspirations. There will be mp3s available for download.

Hey MC, will you be takin' requests? grin2.gif

I'm looking forward to hearing your tunes thumbsup.gif

if i could right great songs effortlessly, i would probably grow bored with it and leave off writing songs altogether. although, writing great songs effortlessly doesnt nessesarily include playing great songs effortlessly. happy.gif

I hope I don't sound arrogant going on about how I can do this, but I just feel I should be able to skip gigging or paying dues since I have this talent.

So basically you're looking for a paycheck without the work, right?

disgust.gif . . . . disgust.gif . . . w00t.gif