Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

At Last! A computer that never crashes

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#46    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

cool i want one, im sick of getting this thing fixed >.>

#47    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:42 AM

It can fix itself! Until someone loads Windows........

#48    ancient astronaut

ancient astronaut

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

• It Is What It Is.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

I need this, my computer sucks

Edited by ancient astronaut, 20 February 2013 - 02:59 AM.

#49    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,373 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:24 AM

I don't see how the computer manufacturers are going to make much money selling a computer that fixes itself.  As it is they design them to get progressively slower and slower and have more and more freezes.  It is only third-party software that interferes with their plans at all, and then only partly.

Therefore I don't think such a thing will come to market, at least not from a public company.

#50    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,917 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 19 February 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

Third eye, the cloud is just a network of servers, or computers. While your device might not need Today's processing power, the machines that hold the information and carry out the tasks would still need a massive amount of processing power.

I don't rate the Cloud highly at all. All of your information stored on another computer often in another country with different privacy laws? No thank you. Read up on how many requests Google has had in the US due to the Patriot Act regarding their Cloud storage. You are effectively allowing your data to be accessed by another government.

Not only this, but say the provider is successfully attacked and all their stored information (including backups) is destroyed? Not only goodnight to personal data, but entire businesses could be ended in a heartbeat by such an act.

Cloud storage = overrated in my opinion.

The tablets and Pads are already pouring out towards the new horizon, our opinions matters little, that's where the next profit sprouting sector is and that's where we're all gonna have to do our daily computer related activities in the future.

Actually from what I understand, processing power is gradually being phased under,
Not for higher speed and float points but rather multi CPUs on the cores and grid, it's just a another way of using software codes.

Your concerns about Cloud is not new, but as I say, what we think matters little, they are still working on it, they are patching things up and making things happen along the way.

In a cloud computing system, there's a significant workload shift. Local computers no longer have to do all the heavy lifting when it comes to running applications. The network of computers that make up the cloud handles them instead. Hardware and software demands on the user's side decrease. The only thing the user's computer needs to be able to run is the cloud computing system's interface software, which can be as simple as a Web browser, and the cloud's network takes care of the rest.

http://computer.hows...d-computing.htm

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#51    JenniKitty

JenniKitty

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 200 posts

• I came out of the darkness with a bullet in my hand.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

I would do terrible things to get one, the other day my laptop crashed and my entire Sim town is now forever lost, rest in peace Sims :(

#52    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

View PostJenniKitty, on 22 February 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:

the other day my laptop crashed and my entire Sim town is now forever lost
get ready for the virtual zombie apocalypse!
:-)

Edited by shrooma, 23 February 2013 - 02:50 PM.

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#53    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,180 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

View Postshrooma, on 23 February 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

get ready for the virtual zombie apocalypse!

haha :clap:

surely the sims can be saved in time? The cmos battery should feed them and all you need is a good mate who can restore stuff?

Edited by seeder, 23 February 2013 - 08:34 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#54    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

View Postseeder, on 23 February 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

surely the sims can be saved in time? The cmos battery should feed them and all you need is a good mate who can restore stuff?
noooo!!
let them turn into zombies!
then go online, let the zombies infect everyone elses simworlds, sit back (with beer & pizza), and watch the resulting mayhem and carnage!

if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#55    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

that'd be a great game to be honest, sims-zombie apocalypse! so if it DOES come about, I hope I can rely on you guys as witnesses when I sue EA games for theft of intellectual property...?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users