Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Savile Case Lead To 'Persecution', Lawyer Say

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1    ali smack

ali smack

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

• If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:58 PM

http://news.sky.com/...ion-lawyer-says

"The "persecution of old men" in the wake of the Jimmy Savile sex abuse scandal is wrong and the age of consent should be lowered to 13, according to a leading barrister.

Barbara Hewson said the child sex abuse crimes of the disgraced television presenter Stuart Hall were "low level misdemeanours".

She also said the law that guarantees anonymity for those who complain of sex abuse should be scrapped.

The leading human rights barrister at London chambers Hardwicke said: "The post-Savile witch-hunting of ageing celebs echoes the Soviet Union"."

I think this so called human rights barrister is quite frankly bonkers! I agree that the Operation Yewtree and various sex abuse arrests lately are a form of Celebrity witch hunt. And in my opinion a farce as I have already discussed in a thread already why. But to say Stuart Hall's crimes were low level misdemeanours is absurd. He abused a 9 year old girl. How is that not terrible. And to say age of consent should be lowered to 13 is stupid.

Typical moronic do gooder type

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,220 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

13?? where does she think she is, in Saudi Arabia?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    through the fire

through the fire

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 201 posts

• "it's like boo!"

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:59 PM

Someone speaking with common sense at last.

Thank god it's a woman though, if a man said anything like that he'd be arrested.

#4    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

celebrity or not, you abuse children, you DESERVE to be hunted.
as for 'lowering the age of consent to 13', i'm guessing the woefully deluded specimen who made that remark doesn't have any daughters?

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#5    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 8,220 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

through the fire, on 08 May 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

Thank god it's a woman though, if a man said anything like that he'd be arrested.

So cos its a woman who said it makes 13 as an age of consent acceptable?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#6    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:21 AM

13 is wrong on every level, I don't care who said it or what culture it's in.

#7    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 6,418 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

I can't believe anyone but a paedo would want the age lowered to 13... Much less a woman who should know better...  I suppose a case could be made for it going to 16 (I believe it's 18 here in Oklahoma)... but even then it's a slippery slope...

"Cradle robbing" has always disgusted me on a personal level... Maybe I'm just not "hip" enough for today...

#8    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

Think she needs to give her head a shake!!

#9    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

Moon Gazer, on 09 May 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

if she hasn't got the time to do it, with her being busy making stoopid statements 'n all, i'd volunteer to do it for her.....

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#10    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 8,220 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

Moon Gazer, on 09 May 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

I doubt it will affect anything which may be floating about in there, but its worth a try.

#11    through the fire

through the fire

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 201 posts

• "it's like boo!"

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

freetoroam, on 09 May 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

So cos its a woman who said it makes 13 as an age of consent acceptable?

Because at least a woman can open up the debate. A man risks being arrested or lynched if he says something like that.

Some states in the US have 18 as the age of consent. So 16 year olds can drive but not have sex? What a backwards society.

#12    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 8,220 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

through the fire, on 09 May 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

Because at least a woman can open up the debate. A man risks being arrested or lynched if he says something like that.

Some states in the US have 18 as the age of consent. So 16 year olds can drive but not have sex? What a backwards society.
Thats what is wrong, not even a woman should be allowed to say this. What if her name was Rose west or Myra Hindley? different kettle of fish then? but it should not be.

16 year olds can drive a car, but are not allowed to have sex in the back of it til they are 18....bet they all adhere to that rule!Posted Image

#13    through the fire

through the fire

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 201 posts

• "it's like boo!"

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:21 PM

freetoroam, on 09 May 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

16 year olds can drive a car, but are not allowed to have sex in the back of it til they are 18....bet they all adhere to that rule!Posted Image

Exactly.

#14    dekker87

dekker87

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

through the fire, on 08 May 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

nonce.

#15    dekker87

dekker87

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:28 AM

allow me to just point out what is going on here....

the 'celebs' are being thrown to the wolves to distract from the real culprits...the braindead barrister is correct in one respect - with the exception of saville these are low level misdemeanours in the great scheme of things....still deserving of punishment and disgrace...

but the real issue is the widespread abuse of vulnerable children in childrens homes across the uk....

if you want to get to the truth and the issues the celebrity smokescreen is designed to protect then google the following terms:

kincora boys homes...elm guest house...haute le gaurenne...ted heath morning star rentboy...welsh care homes scandal...

that should give you a decent start....fw more nuggets for you but i'm very busy at work so cannot expand...you'll have to do you own research:

ted heath's predilection for underage boys was how he got blackmailed into taking Britain into the common market..

jimmy saville was a pimp for the intelligence services during the cold war...he would set up politicians with underage kids and then use this to blackmail em...this is why he wasn't evr in trouble during his life...he knew where all the bodies were buried..

this whole scandal goes right to the very top...murderous gangs of paedohiles were allowed to kill with umpunity to protect those at the top who could possibly be implicated (sidney cooke...jason swift....mark tildsley)...

i've been into conspiracy theory since i was a child...i'm 40 now....nothing has ever shocked me more than this child abuse thing....and no 'conspiracy theory' has more depth and truth than this....

this is international too.....google 'casa pia'...'franklin credit union scandal'....and look at the marc dutroux case in belgium and where that leads....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users