Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant Bat Found In Peru

Big Bad Voodoo

http://beforeitsnews.com/paranormal/2012/10/giant-bat-found-in-peru-2443732.html

Peru’s army has captured something truly awful this animal as you can see in the photograph appears to be a giant bat, an animal is too weird. Apparently this animal usually frighten many people walking through areas of Peru and elsewhere in Latin America, is said to be the Chupa Cabras.

• Like 1

LOL! Is it me or does that dead giant bat have a big ol cigar in it's mouth? :tsu: Tough till the very end, eh. Idk but the bat looks real enough to me, freakyy. :unsure2: Waaaiit......may have spoken too soon, somethin about those wingz.......they look funny on the close photo like you can see a wooden frame along the back of the wings very unnatural looking. Oh, wait mule already said it was hoax didn see that lol. ok its hoax.

• Like 2

I'm inherently leery about photos of people standing behind supposedy "huge" animals, it's our old friend "forced perspective" at work.

• Like 6

Oh look!! They even got massive duct tape to fasten it to the poles.

Oh wait......................

Actually I genuinely am interested in this cryptid. I've never seen a bat smoke a stogie. Clearly this bat is a little more refined, and enjoys its fruit with a cheeky dessert wine.

I've seen this picture before. They are still trying to fool people with it.

That's one big effen bat! Holy crap, If I saw that thing I'd dive for cover.

(Translation) Peru’s army has captured something truly awful this animal as you can see in the photograph appears to be a giant bat, an animal is too weird. Apparently this animal usually frighten many people walking through areas of Peru and elsewhere in Latin America, is said to be the Chupa Cabras.

The chupacabra is an animal attack is characterized by animals of different species, located in rural and pastoral areas. The myth originated in the island of Puerto Rico. It is said that there is in Central and South America, in countries like Costa Rica, Mexico, Peru, etc.

You could say that sucks goats is a true example of a giant bat species often found in Indonesia. –

WTF was up with the translation .... total failure ....

TiP.

• Like 1

I think it is just a Flying Fox. They are actually beautiful animals and eat fruit and nectar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pteropus

I agree

I've seen this picture before. They are still trying to fool people with it.

post-18246-0-20642300-1349419113_thumb.j

Mega Bat : Philippine Giant golden-crowned flying fox.

The Giant Golden-Crowned Flying-Fox Bat is a rare species, and one that features very long wings. In fact, they are so long that it is often seen with them wrapped around the body like a cloak. The wings can end up being up to five feet wide when fully displayed. It is considered to be the largest bat in the world. This bat has a face that looks very similar to that of a fox.

The only home of the Giant Golden-Crowned Flying-Fox is in the Philippines. The species is endangered and is currently facing the possibility of extinction because of poaching and forest destruction.

The giant golden-crowned flying fox gets its species name from the golden fur around the head, in sharp contrast to the black body. Like all other fruit bats, they have no tail. They are among the largest bats, with a wingspan of 1.5–1.7 m (4 ft 10 in–5 ft 7 in) and weighing 0.7–1.2 kg (1.5–2.6 lb).

http://walllook.com/...ned-flying-fox.

No, these photos are not photoshopped. I can still tell you someone in the comments is going to be like, "NO WAY THAT'S REAL, BRO!" But those are my favorite types of animals to share with you all; ones that cannot possibly exist on Earth but do! The Giant Golden-crowned Flying Fox (Acerodon jubatus) is a prime example of one of those such animals.

http://www.thefeatur...l#axzz28P1zybhw

http://www.myamazing...e-phillippines/

[media=]

[/media]

Giant Golden-Crowned flying fox is found in Australia and the Phillipines...It has a wingspan of up to 8 Feet (2.6 meter) and is a type of fruit bat that lives in colonies of millions in australia but is endangered in the phillipines due to poaching.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 3

Oh look, it's Edward Cullen!

Now what did that bat ever do to you to deserve that kind of insult. Wow your mean. :w00t:

• Like 3

It looks cool until you look at how it layers with the tree trunks. It's a flying fox right in front of the camera and the guys are about ten feet away. It just makes it look huge at first glance.

It is a flying fox. Certain cultures use them as food,and the wing leather for clothing. Yeh....I know,but what can ya do .

This is not an uncommon sight in various tropical countries ,at all .

O_o i think if there were any bats with 4-5 foot wingspans here in Oz, Rex Gilroy would've released three dozen books on 'em by now (and each more interesting than the last) ..i'll keep my eyes open though. :tu:

they tend to 'poop' when they take off outta the trees here at night.. last thing i need is to be crapped on by one of these guys

LOL! Is it me or does that dead giant bat have a big ol cigar in it's mouth? :tsu: Tough till the very end, eh. Idk but the bat looks real enough to me, freakyy. :unsure2: Waaaiit......may have spoken too soon, somethin about those wingz.......they look funny on the close photo like you can see a wooden frame along the back of the wings very unnatural looking. Oh, wait mule already said it was hoax didn see that lol. ok its hoax.

that's funny. I would point out the ribbing in the wing as something that makes it look like a real creature.

Nothing special. The angle of the camera just makes it look bigger than it is. Not to mention, this wasn't taken in Peru; that's entirely fabricated. And frankly, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the body itself were fabricated as well.

Edited by Arbitran

why would they need to fabricate it when the species exists?