Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

We're back !

Saru

It seems like forever since last Wednesday, but after over 4 days of downtime Unexplained Mysteries is finally back on-line again. Last Wednesday night at around 2am, our previous web host suddenly decided out of the blue that the site received 'excessive traffic' and terminated my account, without any warning. I then had to wait 10 hours for them to explain to me why they had taken the site down. Suffice to say i've had to look for hosting arrangements elsewhere.

On the upside though, Unexplained Mysteries is now running on it's own dedicated server, the setting up and configuration of which has taken up most of the 4 days over which we have been offline. Now that the site has a server of it's own, things should run a lot quicker, and there is a lot of room for expansion, which wasn't available before.

There are still a few teething problems to sort out here and there, but the site should be fully functional. Please report any errors or glitches that you find to me if you find them, and all that's really left for me to say is,

Welcome back thumbsup.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sabretooth

• Saru

• Lionel

• Seraphina

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alright! And just as my exams finish too grin2.gif SaRuMaN, you're timing is wonderful notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Christ On A Bike O_O;; >_<! i have been bored all week.....

I blame this iincident on NWO agents trying to stop us from spreading the truth.....or maybe not

going through withdraw symptoms !!! thank god sites back!

expansion? like...the games ppl have wanted to add 4ever...or sister sites dedicated to one specific topic...is that what yer talkin bout? oo...i just remembered sumthin...ima post it in the "general zone" tongue.gif

This has really got to stop, SaRuMaN. I actually got stuff done at work last week. If anyone notices, they're gonna expect me to be productive all the time. Sheesh!

Seriously though, SaRuMaN has once again shown his dedication to this site by going above and beyond to get the site back up in record time.

Thanks, Dude!

notworthy.gif

I didn't realize how much I enjoyed this site till it was down. Glad your back.

Don alien.gif

Boss? Yahoooooooooo!!!

I know you've been pulling your hair out, strand by strand.

I agree with schadeaux 100000% !!!!

Seriously though, SaRuMaN has once again shown his dedication to this site by going above and beyond to get the site back up in record time.

Thanks, Dude!

A++++ Job, as usual!!!!

Nancy thumbsup.gifkiss.gifclap.gifnotworthy.gif

Just out of curiousity, and you don't have to answer if it's too personal, but how do you pay for this? There are no ads anywhere on the site, and dedicated servers can be pretty expensive. Is this all from out of your pocket?

There are no ads anywhere on the site

Are you sure about that wink2.gif

I can't think of anything else to add to what everyone else had said, Saruman, but that I agree and I'm so glad things worked out. (shows how much you are missed too). wink2.gif

WOOO-HOOOO!!!!

Great to be back my week sucked while we were down!!!!

Great work SaRuMaN!!!! We are finally back online! WHAAAAAHOOOOO!!! thumbsup.gif

Are you sure about that   wink2.gif

ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

Subliminal advertising???

Must...Buy...Pep si....

yes terrific work SuRu,and the chat room s working again too!

SaRuMaN

On the upside though, Unexplained Mysteries is now running on it's own dedicated server, the setting up and configuration of which has taken up most of the 4 days over which we have been offline. Now that the site has a server of it's own, things should run a lot quicker, and there is a lot of room for expansion, which wasn't available before.

Ahhhhhh so another step in your conquest of the world huh?

WAY TO GO...

Last Wednesday night at around 2am, our previous web host suddenly decided out of the blue that the site received 'excessive traffic' and terminated my account, without any warning. I then had to wait 10 hours for them to explain to me why they had taken the site down. Suffice to say i've had to look for hosting arrangements elsewhere.

Ya ...a dedicated server is always a good thing . Ive had some bad experiences with webhosts myself , they are a pretty rude bunch of people .... dont even bother to tell you somethings wrong and so they just randomly disconnect your website from their server . wacko.gif

Are you sure about that wink2.gif

I know I am! I've never been so sure of anything in my life...

It's also a good thing that I'm sure that, no matter what time of day it is, or what I've just had to eat, I know that my breath is always going to be minty fresh, thanks to colgate herbal toothpaste thumbsup.gif

*pockets paycheck* whistling2.gif

Are you sure about that  wink2.gif

Am I the only one that notices all the ads at the top of the screen?!

*...rubs eyes with both hands....*

Welcome Back Dudes & Dudettes

post-55-1075050287.gif

Allright, this is worth a tiny winy wee comeback. Just to say:

user posted image

Well Done Gareth and dAz...

(OK... as you were...)