Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 2 votes

Does Bigfoot live in the Russian tundra ?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#46    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,447 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:13 PM

I think you have to be a "Recognized" "Expert" before you can get in the door. Maybe if someone wrote a children's book about bigfoot, that would count??

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#47    epiffanie

epiffanie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 19 June 2012 - 09:13 PM, said:

I think you have to be a "Recognized" "Expert" before you can get in the door. Maybe if someone wrote a children's book about bigfoot, that would count??

as if a book about bigfoot shouldn't be labeled as a children's book in itself?  lol
Because I do not believe in bigfoot you want to label me as a child?  Or is it because I like to have fun and crack jokes?  Because all adults should act like angry bitter people with sour puss faces 24/7 right?  I just find it hilarious that they have a conference on the existance of bigfoot.  I was made to be like me no one else, so if no one else finds it funny so be it, but I do.  I think that ish is hilarious lmao

Edited by epiffanie, 19 June 2012 - 09:21 PM.

#48    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

BigFoot Whisperer

• 3,245 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is knowing when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:42 PM

What I find even more peculiar than the article itself is the response by ppl in here.

I would have thought before joining this wonderful website (Yes, I love it here) that ppl would be quite biassed to beleive in *anything* out of the mainstream.

But what I see in this thread is the exact opposite - almost everyone a disbeliever - at least of this story.

curiouser and curiouser lol

"I'm not trying to say your wrong, I'm just saying I disagree with you" ~ Jeremy ~

#49    Varelse

Varelse

Unanimous Animous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

• The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principles upon which it was founded. -Montesquieu

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:36 AM

View PostEarl.Of.Trumps, on 19 June 2012 - 11:42 PM, said:

What I find even more peculiar than the article itself is the response by ppl in here.

I would have thought before joining this wonderful website (Yes, I love it here) that ppl would be quite biassed to beleive in *anything* out of the mainstream.

But what I see in this thread is the exact opposite - almost everyone a disbeliever - at least of this story.

curiouser and curiouser lol

Not so much, while it may seem that way to the untrained eye. What you really have are a bunch of curious critical thinkers who demand cold hard facts after years and years of having their chains yanked. We'd love to see Bigfoiot is real but unfortunately most the so called Bigfoot hunters out there are doing more harm to the myth than help.

Edited by Framling, 20 June 2012 - 12:40 AM.

Pleased to meet you. Hope you guess my name.

#50    Charlie Prime

Charlie Prime

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:28 AM

Posted Image

#51    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,447 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:28 PM

And many of hte long timers here were once Believers and then became agnostic, and some into hard Skeptics.

Myself, I could easily beleve that there are wild people living in Siberia. Even pre-modern humans. But when you see one story after another and they never seem to produce anything tangible, then it gets old quickly.

Also the title says "Bigfoot in Russian Tundra". And little lives on the tundra. But Sibera is mostly forest, not open tundra, at least as far as I know. Forest is a lot harder to investigate and gain animal data then open tundra is.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#52    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

BigFoot Whisperer

• 3,245 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is knowing when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:48 AM

I don't think it's an advertising gimmik to attract tourists.

what is the tourist season in northern siberia, 4th of July? that's also mosquito season. and they have kazillions of them

I think the team's intentions are legit. I just wish they had provided photos of the beds and tracks.

"I'm not trying to say your wrong, I'm just saying I disagree with you" ~ Jeremy ~

#53    Art Vandarley

Art Vandarley

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

Our ancestors survived in such harsh regions. It's not like the "Bigfoot" have to be a big monkey, but if they were really intelligent, they would tend to be nomads, what means, that over the years, they had to show up anywhere.

Cold? Move on
Hungry? Look for food

That's how mankind went all times.

#54    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

Psychic Spy

• 1,855 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:55 PM

View PostGuest, on 29 June 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

Our ancestors survived in such harsh regions. It's not like the "Bigfoot" have to be a big monkey, but if they were really intelligent, they would tend to be nomads, what means, that over the years, they had to show up anywhere.

Cold? Move on
Hungry? Look for food

Our ancestors left traces where they lived and how they lived.  Despite being reported all over the world, bigfoot magically does not.

#55    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 5,029 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

View PostGuest, on 29 June 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

Cold? Move on
Hungry? Look for food

However, if they were "really intelligent" we would have found them by now.   They would be curious.   They would investigate what we have.   They would build some structures to shield themselves from the weather.   They would make and use tools.

#56    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• 2,080 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

I think I saw one on that video, riding that Mammoth across the river.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users