Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chemotherapy Boosts Cancer Growth

seeder

US Scientists Find That Chemotherapy Boosts Cancer Growth

"Chemotherapy can damage healthy cells? Say it isn’t so? You don’t need a degree to figure this one out. Poison kills indiscriminately– always has and always will. While damaging healthy cells, chemotherapy also triggers them to secrete a protein that sustains tumour growth and resistance to further treatment. Researchers in the United States made the “completely unexpected” finding they claimed while seeking to explain why cancer cells are so resilient inside the human body when they are easy to kill in the lab"

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2013/01/18/us-scientists-find-that-chemotherapy-boosts-cancer-growth/

Sugar, and artificial sugars, stop ingesting these and load up on antioxidants, if you have pre-cancer cells anywhere in the body.

• Like 3

Sugar, and artificial sugars, stop ingesting these and load up on antioxidants, if you have pre-cancer cells anywhere in the body.

after the last posting I made on cancer got locked coz someone posted about their herbal 'cures'. it may be best not to specify anything as being a cure!

But I agree, a healthy diet based on more fruit and veg is great for all sorts of things, and a bad diet causes all sorts of issues!

• Like 2

This was pretty obvious. lol

They will have synthesized a proper natural cure now and will start charging for it. lol

Gotta love big pharmaceutical companies and the FDA. (The FDA is the biggest joke ever)

• Like 3

Environmental factors play a role in cancer too even the way our food is raised. I'm sure sugar does too but I think many things do.

If we are to find a cure for cancer the government is going to have to get involved in it. Because companies are in it for the profit, as most businesses are, and the cure might be so simple it isn't profitable. We need a non profit government ran research facility who's only concern is finding a cure not patents or profits.

I also think other countries should help fund it or start one of their own.

Edited by Hilander
  • Like 3

im going to be that crackpot conspiracy theorist :)

But honestly i do think we probly discorved ways to cure cancer but there is to much money involved so it will never be "cured"

for Four decades the goverment has been putting money in to finding a cure. 4 DECADES. alot happens in science in four decades and your telling me we have no cure? Plus all the private companies and charities trying to fund to find a cure. but yet we havent found one?

i wasent born yeasterday

*coughs*

You don't even need me to comment ,right ?

I wouldn't mind. You're pretty insightful, but I think some people get their feathers ruffled if alternative therapy suggestions aren't wrapped in a "also go see your primary care physician in conjunction with alternatives" disclaimer. That said, I can't stress enough how important a diet high in antioxidants are for the body in terms of cancer prevention.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 1

Ill not comment either. But I will agree a proper diet is a good reason for many reasons.

• Like 1

Most likely they have had a cure for cancer for some time now and will never release it to the general public. Only the elite will get it. I will never give any contribution to any cancer fund because it never got for legit research only into the pockets of those that promote those funds. I remember giving money to some cancer fund when I was very young and that was more than 65 years ago and you use to get these red cross pins with it. Nope sorry no more.

• Like 1

Surprise! Treatments make you more ill, so doctors make more money. What a concept.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind. You're pretty insightful, but I think some people get their feathers ruffled if alternative therapy suggestions aren't wrapped in a "also go see your primary care physician in conjunction with alternatives" disclaimer. That said, I can't stress enough how important a diet high in antioxidants are for the body in terms of cancer prevention.

I'm not going to sit here and say,proper treatment of cancer can involve going to Mexico and eating seeds,will cure cancer.

I also believe,true great medicine,is integrative .

Some things,work better than others ,depending upon each individual case.

That being said,I on e believed modern medicine was great ,and it was great .

Then it turned into conveyor belt homogenous care,that helps no one LIVE .

Not in thectrue sense of the word.

There are cures that have been dscovered,and been surpressed.

The average cancer case ,makes how much money ?

Add hospital stay,surgery ,anesthesiologist fee,radiation ,chemo ,other md fees ,tests ,meds .

Just add it up.

Then post operative care meds follow up .

Oncology is HUGE business,and they don't want to lose any of it.

I watched my aunt,slowly die of stomach cancer .

Horribly ,painfully. Uncaring mds ,who just cared about her ins coverage .

She would be left sitting in her own excrement ,because of her issue...and the oncology floor at her mds hospital,left her for hours.

She would be brought her food,and eat,while sitting in her own filth.

An alleged great nyc hospital.

When you discover,none of this Is necessary ,you get angry .

So,there are numerous methods,to take care post operatively ,with out chemo or radiation .

I of course,cannot go into it here.

I believe surgery is sometimes necessary ,sometimes radiation.

I do not think chemo is advantageous,and can destroy the immune system.

There are also numerous side affects to radiation.

There are people,who say,all cancers,if caught in time,are treatable,without cutting burning or poisoning.

I think its possible,but only certain cancers,in certain stages.

There is a movie about it. Twelve years to make it. It's called Cut ,Burn ,Poison .

If anyone is curious,watch it. It may open some eyes .

And all medicine is this way. There will never be a cure for diabetes ,there will never be a cure for cancer . Just my two cents .

http://foodmatters.tv/dvds/cut-poison-burn

Im going to try to figure out how much they make on one say,stage two colon cancer victim .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 2

Oh and,I will give absolutely no money to any cancer charities . Not kids,breast cancer ,none. It's a waste .

All this pink ,walk for the cure crap,is just that,crap .

Here are some link on costs of cancer treatment ,in a conventional setting .

http://www.winningcancer.com/txt/costs-of-cancer-treatments/

. http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/health/story/health/story/2012-02-27/Cancers-growing-burden-the-high-cost-of-care/53271430/1

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090104123115AAtmzda

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

I'm not going to sit here and say,proper treatment of cancer can involve going to Mexico and eating seeds,will cure cancer.

I also believe,true great medicine,is integrative .

Some things,work better than others ,depending upon each individual case.

That being said,I on e believed modern medicine was great ,and it was great .

Then it turned into conveyor belt homogenous care,that helps no one LIVE .

Not in thectrue sense of the word.

There are cures that have been dscovered,and been surpressed.

The average cancer case ,makes how much money ?

Add hospital stay,surgery ,anesthesiologist fee,radiation ,chemo ,other md fees ,tests ,meds .

Just add it up.

Then post operative care meds follow up .

Oncology is HUGE business,and they don't want to lose any of it.

I watched my aunt,slowly die of stomach cancer .

Horribly ,painfully. Uncaring mds ,who just cared about her ins coverage .

She would be left sitting in her own excrement ,because of her issue...and the oncology floor at her mds hospital,left her for hours.

She would be brought her food,and eat,while sitting in her own filth.

An alleged great nyc hospital.

When you discover,none of this Is necessary ,you get angry .

So,there are numerous methods,to take care post operatively ,with out chemo or radiation .

I of course,cannot go into it here.

I believe surgery is sometimes necessary ,sometimes radiation.

I do not think chemo is advantageous,and can destroy the immune system.

There are also numerous side affects to radiation.

There are people,who say,all cancers,if caught in time,are treatable,without cutting burning or poisoning.

I think its possible,but only certain cancers,in certain stages.

There is a movie about it. Twelve years to make it. It's called Cut ,Burn ,Poison .

If anyone is curious,watch it. It may open some eyes .

And all medicine is this way. There will never be a cure for diabetes ,there will never be a cure for cancer . Just my two cents .

http://foodmatters.t...cut-poison-burn

Im going to try to figure out how much they make on one say,stage two colon cancer victim .

I agree Simbi...a friend of mine has stomach cancer...I bought a bottle of resveratrol, gave it to him. Check this out:

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22211760

He's also getting treatment through doctors, luckily he has great insurance, otherwise he'd probably be SOL. He's got 4 kids...and he's trying to pull out all the stops and fight it off.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 2

im going to be that crackpot conspiracy theorist :)

But honestly i do think we probly discorved ways to cure cancer but there is to much money involved so it will never be "cured"

for Four decades the goverment has been putting money in to finding a cure. 4 DECADES. alot happens in science in four decades and your telling me we have no cure? Plus all the private companies and charities trying to fund to find a cure. but yet we havent found one?

i wasent born yeasterday

Well, you're doing a good job of sounding like you were.

Firstly, the "it wouldn't be cured because too much money is involved" makes no sense. We have a free health service in the UK, but things like cancer cost the NHS an enormous amount of money. It wouldn't make sense for them to not want to find (or fund) a cure, they're not making money out of cancer.

Also, thats not how scientific research happens. It involves so many people and organisations around the world, that you wouldn't be able to keep a cure "secret".

Secondly, cancer isn't one disease. Its a group of different diseases, requiring different research and no doubt, when the day comes, different cures. Treatment however, has got much much better in those four decades.

So maybe take the tinfoil hat off, get away from the conspiracy forums and do some proper reading.

• Like 2

Surprise! Treatments make you more ill, so doctors make more money. What a concept.

Oh grow up and join reality.

• Like 2

Oh grow up and join reality.

Reality, watching pharmaceutical cancer drugs kill your little sister.

REALITY:

Makes me laugh how those who are ignorant to it all tell others to join reality.

• Like 2

Calling Emma ignorant... Hmmm... How about adverse effects of "magic remedies", huh? Or what you can get, for example, from acupuncture (hepatitis, heart rupture, septic sacroiliitis, septic arthritis, HIV (E.Ernst, Eur.J.Pediatr. (2003) 162, 72-80))?

Foods and supplements that are high in antioxidants are not "magic remedies", they work very well against various types of cancers, that is reality. Combination therapy medical and holistic would more than likely be the best approach.

• Like 2

Foods and supplements that are high in antioxidants are not "magic remedies", they work very well against various types of cancers, that is reality. [...]

Will they:

1) cure cancer?

2) make 100% you won't get cancer?

3) gives you bit more chances not to get cancer?

Which one?

[...] Combination therapy medical and holistic would more than likely be the best approach.

Can you give references to the studies of that? Don't bother with YT, Pravda, and similar "sources".

Calling Emma ignorant... Hmmm... How about adverse effects of "magic remedies", huh? Or what you can get, for example, from acupuncture (hepatitis, heart rupture, septic sacroiliitis, septic arthritis, HIV (E.Ernst, Eur.J.Pediatr.[M/i] (2003) 162, 72-80))?

Find me statistics on how many people have died ,or caught a,disease,from acupuncture ,in the last,20 years

Find it ,and get back to us .

I looked it up once ,and there's next to no data,because acupuncture has literally no side affects ,except if the practitioner hits say a lung with a needle .

Then....look up how many people die MONTHLY ,as in one month ,from hospital mistakes,drug mistakes ,doctor mistakes,drug side affects,treatments that do not work .

Then get back to us.

There has been no,instance of disease transmission in the USA ,from acupuncture ,since the 1970s ,but you hear about dentists and clinics giving ppl hep all the time.

I can google at least half a dozen articles on that ,from the last three years .

Not to mention all those people last year from that vaccine made in massachusetts...tsk tsk .

It's absolutely illegal to use anything but one use needles in the USA ,since the 90s,so I'd love to know where anyone is getting hepatitis,except at some bad clinic run by an MD .

Part of acupuncture board exams,is JUST infectious disease control ,just so we know it all,before we go out sticking people.

We also have to know how to autoclave needles,even if we don't do it .

I believe this is also the case in europe.

This,does happen in china however....are we talking about Beijing ?

Also,you won't find a single case of death,from an herb ,being dispensed by a qualified licensed herbalist .

QUALIFIED LICENSED HERBALIST .

Not in the usa

The only herbal deaths have ever been from some scheister,taking a good herb ,and stupidly adding it to some other formula,JUST TO MAKE MONEY .

Herbalists have a college DEGREE in herbs. Herbs are just as dangerous as drugs,when not taken properly ,so no herbalist ,has ever killed anyone,to my knowledge .Not in the usa .

Just people using herbs out of context,just to make money .

This is why Ephedra is illegal in the usa.

It was exploited ,people died,so make it illegal.

But you don't see them doing that with all the drugs that kill dozens yearly .No that they leave on the market ,to make THEM money .

Your article also shows no supporting data of its claims.

It's also as old as 1990 ,from what it says .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Foods and supplements that are high in antioxidants are not "magic remedies", they work very well against various types of cancers, that is reality. Combination therapy medical and holistic would more than likely be the best approach.

I love how he asks you for statistics,when he has none of his own to show .

Find me statistics on how many people have died ,or caught a,disease,from acupuncture ,in the last,20 years

Find it ,and get back to us

[...]

Find me statistics quackery cured cancer, will yeah?

[...]

Then....look up how many people die MONTHLY ,as in one month ,from hospital mistakes,drug mistakes ,doctor mistakes,drug side affects,treatments that do not work .

Then get back to us.

[...]

And what that has to do with actual drugs, huh? No one argues about human errors/mistakes, as if Big Alternativies are error-proof. And if your magic remedies would be consumed in amounts to get real effects, death rates from side effects would be huge.

[...]

Your article also shows no supporting data of its claims.

It's also as old as 1990 ,from what it says .

What a croc. Have you even looked at that paper? Table 2, with references? And it was published in 2003 (in 2002, on-line).

Find me statistics quackery cured cancer, will yeah?

And what that has to do with actual drugs, huh? No one argues about human errors/mistakes, as if Big Alternativies are error-proof. And if your magic remedies would be consumed in amounts to get real effects, death rates from side effects would be huge.

What a croc. Have you even looked at that paper? Table 2, with references? And it was published in 2003 (in 2002, on-line).

Hmmmm,in the usa alone,about 100,000 and that's less,die from drug related side affects .

Acupuncture has killed no one in this country for 20 years,neither has herbs .

No idea where your book got its numbers ,but its bull**** .

And 2003,was ten years ago,which means the data is even older than that,and probably from instances in third world countries.

You won't find the data on line ,because it doesn't exist .

Lol .

You know nothing about medicine. Conventional or otherwise ,as far as I can see.

Another mole.