Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Files reveal Americans targeted by NSA

nsa spy vietnam target secret

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,370 posts

• ראה

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:16 AM

Evidence NSA ‘illegally’ monitored anti-Vietnam dissidents, including journalists and two senators - Sept. 26, 2013 RT
.... Perhaps the most shocking revelation was that the NSA monitored the overseas telephone conversations and cable traffic of Senators Frank Church (D-Idaho) and Howard Baker (R-Tennessee).  

The mammoth disclosure seems to indicate that, in keeping watch of Church and Baker, the NSA was specifically deployed against enemies of the White House, even if they were elected officials.

By the late 1960s US President Lyndon Johnson had allegedly become so thin-skinned in the face of criticism on the topic of Vietnam that biographers have suggested it was affecting his ability to make decisions. Richard Nixon, Johnson’s successor, was elected in 1969 but had already spent more than two decades in Washington and had struggled with infamous levels of paranoia.

The declassified report does not specify the dates subjects were added to the Minaret list or the reasoning why, but a total of 1,650 US citizens (most of them anti-war activists, high profile and otherwise) were included ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

They've been doing this for a long time, but who, wasn't released until now.

They've expanded their watch "lists" considerably, with no real checks or balances.

What will it take to be rid of this treason?

A miracle maybe?

Edited by Raptor Witness, 27 September 2013 - 04:21 AM.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#2    ZOD

ZOD

Intern of the Illuminatti

• 5,152 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:12 AM

Yeah, I don't understand the panic people have over this.

I've just always assumed everyone was being watched.

If the tables were turned, and I was in charge and these officials were fat tattooed guys setting in a mix of spagetti sauce and sweatpants, i'd probably be monitoring all them too.

...and ice skating? why?

Edited by SkepticalB, 27 September 2013 - 05:12 AM.

I've seen **** that'll turn you WHITE!

#3    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,359 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:00 AM

I think it's a government's responsibility for the sake of the safety of the public, fighting crime, catching tax evaders, fighting government and private corruption, and so on.  I would rather a contractor have a fear of being tracked than have a building collapse because he took shortcuts with the cement.

Obviously it has to be kept secret.

#4    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,370 posts

• ראה

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

View PostSkepticalB, on 27 September 2013 - 05:12 AM, said:

...and ice skating? why?
The ice skater is symbolic of Edward Snowden, who arguably appeared here before he appeared on the world stage.

Peace and safety are an illusion at this juncture of history. The Arab Spring appeared here first, also.

The NSA' s crystal is now dark.

A wise man once said, "pray for the peace of Jerusalem."

Yet, the terror that faces the United States will not come from men, but from the earth and the sky.

Edward Snowden was chosen because of his name. The NSA would be better off forecasting the weather, and turn their powerful satellite eyes around and point them in the other direction.

As for the Military man who asked me if I thought Pres. Obama would be reelected, I lied. I told him what he wanted to hear.

But the second man they sent, who asked me about Mitt Romney, I told him the truth. I said he was a dead horse, long before the primary.

They should have ask me, which candidate will the earth help.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#5    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,611 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

Well, seems that the suspicious Americans they spied on include some prominent ones:

Huffington Post said:

NSA Spied On Martin Luther King Jr., Declassfied Documents Reveal

Newly-declassified documents reveal that the National Security Agency targeted one of America's most revered civil rights icons.

The National Security Archive at George Washington University released the information Wednesday, showing that Martin Luther King Jr. was on the agency's watch list during the 1960s. Also mentioned as targets in the report were fellow civil rights leader Whitney Young, boxer Muhammad Ali, and two prominent members of Congress, Sens. Frank Church (D-Idaho) and Howard Baker (R-Tennessee). The program was also viewed by some officials as "disreputable if not outright illegal," the report adds.

According to the report, knowledge of King as an NSA target first emerged in the 1970s, but Wednesday's release marks the first time that the documents were classified. The FBI had him as a wiretap target shortly after the 1963 March on Washington, thanks to worries over his connections to chief adviser and former Communist Party member Stanley Levison.

Read more

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#6    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,519 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:06 PM

View PostSkepticalB, on 27 September 2013 - 05:12 AM, said:

Yeah, I don't understand the panic people have over this.

I've just always assumed everyone was being watched.

If the tables were turned, and I was in charge and these officials were fat tattooed guys setting in a mix of spagetti sauce and sweatpants, i'd probably be monitoring all them too.

...and ice skating? why?

I don't think it has caused anybody to panic.  As John Oliver observed with humor, it simply means that those being described as being paranoid, those feeling paranoid, were actually just a bit more in touch with the reality of government mischief and law breaking.

The government, as usual, lied and covered up what law breaking it was doing.  Nothing new, and such behavior is still going on today.

#7    praetorian-legio XIII

praetorian-legio XIII

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

• Beer; Now there's a temporary solution.

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 27 September 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

The ice skater is symbolic of Edward Snowden, who arguably appeared here before he appeared on the world stage.

Peace and safety are an illusion at this juncture of history. The Arab Spring appeared here first, also.

The NSA' s crystal is now dark.

A wise man once said, "pray for the peace of Jerusalem."

Yet, the terror that faces the United States will not come from men, but from the earth and the sky.

Edward Snowden was chosen because of his name. The NSA would be better off forecasting the weather, and turn their powerful satellite eyes around and point them in the other direction.

As for the Military man who asked me if I thought Pres. Obama would be reelected, I lied. I told him what he wanted to hear.

But the second man they sent, who asked me about Mitt Romney, I told him the truth. I said he was a dead horse, long before the primary.

They should have ask me, which candidate will the earth help.
What a crock, do a little investigating on voter fraud during the last election.

#8    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,370 posts

• ראה

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 27 September 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

I don't think it has caused anybody to panic.  As John Oliver observed with humor, it simply means that those being described as being paranoid, those feeling paranoid, were actually just a bit more in touch with the reality of government mischief and law breaking.

The government, as usual, lied and covered up what law breaking it was doing.  Nothing new, and such behavior is still going on today.
They act like the don't want U.S. to be paranoid, but their actions speak louder than their whispers.

#9    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,370 posts

• ראה

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:53 AM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 27 September 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

... The NSA would be better off forecasting the weather ...

Post 1138  October 2, 2013 - Weather Underground

If the NSA is watching, it looks like we are go for launch ....

Click to play ...
Posted Image

View PostRaptor Witness, on 02 October 2013 - 07:30 AM, said:

Now the dress ...

Posted Image

Edited by Raptor Witness, 02 October 2013 - 08:05 AM.

#10    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,370 posts

• ראה

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 02 October 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

The lights are coming on now ...

Posted Image

#11    ZOD

ZOD

Intern of the Illuminatti

• 5,152 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

are you trying to imply that the NSA is controlling the weather?

I've seen **** that'll turn you WHITE!

#12    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,370 posts

• ראה

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:43 AM

View PostSkepticalB, on 02 October 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

are you trying to imply that the NSA is controlling the weather?
No, I just have long running argument about how the NSA can't forecast anything without breaking the law, much less the weather.

Also, the appearance of the largest breach of security in their history was curiously tied to the weather, by me, going back to 2011. This thread would arguably set the stage for what was about to happen this year, within only five days of Edward Snowden's published revelations.

There are many unexplained mysteries that will flow from this thread below. Chief among them is the obvious question, why would someone think to tie the weather, tornadoes specifically to snooping on U.S. citizens? The two subjects don't seem related at all, and yet these two seemingly unrelated subjects will become related, in just two short years, in a very big way.

View PostRaptor Witness, on 14 April 2011 - 03:29 AM, said:

Word has reached my ears that the U.S. government classified 16 million documents last year. That's 20 top secret documents generated for each one of these 800,000 with top level clearance.

For every U.S. government employee with top secret clearance, send ten friends of the wind to whisper in one ear, but if they cannot hear my voice then send ten thousand to blow trumpets in both ears, and if they still don't hear me, then let the earth speak with a single voice of many waters, until their own thoughts are completely drowned out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Raptor Witness, 03 October 2013 - 03:38 AM.

#13    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,370 posts

• ראה

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:48 AM

Then there was this thread:
Rise of the Next Superpower? - Nov. 17, 2011

and this post ...

View PostRaptor Witness, on 17 November 2011 - 06:36 AM, said:

I don't see another super power in the cards.  I see someone, calling upon the earth to speak, making fools of men and their "power."

Edited by Raptor Witness, 03 October 2013 - 03:27 AM.

#14    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,370 posts

• ראה

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:55 AM

And then there was the big thread ... that arguably led to two huge historic events, curiously tied to one another in mind blowing synchronicity. Again, I tied the lawless spying of the U.S. government to the weather, and not just any weather, but the worst weather of it's type ever recorded on the planet in the history of mankind.

Consider All Communications Monitored - May 15, 2013

View PostRaptor Witness, on 15 May 2013 - 05:23 AM, said:

In 2011, I gave our many security services a real earful. It was arguably the best weather forecast, since Moses.

Note carefully when the spike occurred. April 14-16th vs. the time stamp on the clear, wind warning below.

What they're really listening for, are the Sons of Thunder. So let them listen to screaming shards of glass.

Big brother is nothing compared to Big Daddy.

Edited by Raptor Witness, 03 October 2013 - 03:42 AM.

Also tagged with nsa, spy, vietnam, target, secret

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users