Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Putin backs Egypt

OverSword

From the article:

In a telephone conversation with Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi on Friday, Putin said Russia planned to support Cairo's efforts directed at normalizing the situation in the Palestinian territory, the Kremlin said in a statement.

The remarks come after Egypt’s Prime Minister Hisham Qandil visited the Gaza Strip on Friday, where he urged the world leaders to stop Tel Aviv’s attacks.

Qandil promised to intensify Egypt’s efforts to “stop this aggression and achieve a lasting truce."

On Thursday, President Morsi also condemned the Israeli aggression as "unacceptable" and warned it could lead to instability in the region.

Some 25 people have been killed and more than 250 others injured in the new wave of attacks since November 14.

The Israeli regime frequently carries out airstrikes and other attacks on the Gaza Strip, saying the acts of aggression are being conducted for defensive purposes. However, in violation of international law, disproportionate force is always used and civilians are often killed or injured.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/11/16/272661/russia-to-back-egypt-against-israel-putin/

Can any Mod's viewing this please fix the title? It should read Putin backs Egypt :cry:

I'm glad to see Putin is willing to do something about the rocketfire from Gaza against the Israelis :no:

• Like 1

I think both sides need to stop, it takes two to tango.

• Like 1

I think it's rather surprising Putin is getting involved in Egypt, although I do have my doubts about the source. PressTV is Iranian state media and has a habit of completely making up stories for propaganda purposes.

Having a look around, it appears the only source outside of Iranian state media was a Turkish website. I've even had a look on RIA Novosti and that phony news site Russia Today and both seem to be obsessed with Syria. There was no mention of Putin's backing of Morsi.

So as someone who likes his media sources unbiased and pure, I'm a little doubtful about the validity of this article.

I think it's rather surprising Putin is getting involved in Egypt, although I do have my doubts about the source. PressTV is Iranian state media and has a habit of completely making up stories for propaganda purposes.

Having a look around, it appears the only source outside of Iranian state media was a Turkish website. I've even had a look on RIA Novosti and that phony news site Russia Today and both seem to be obsessed with Syria. There was no mention of Putin's backing of Morsi.

So as someone who likes his media sources unbiased and pure, I'm a little doubtful about the validity of this article.

You're right about the source but I think Putin is beginning to stretch his muscles - primarily because he knows we have a paper kitten in the White House. And before I get jumped en masse for being a war monger, I believe that laying down markers for what is acceptable behavior by other powers is crucial in our world. If we don't do it then SOMEONE will test us.

OverSword: I can see that you are in America and totally hate America.

Why don't you just leave?

You're right about the source but I think Putin is beginning to stretch his muscles - primarily because he knows we have a paper kitten in the White House. And before I get jumped en masse for being a war monger, I believe that laying down markers for what is acceptable behavior by other powers is crucial in our world. If we don't do it then SOMEONE will test us.

No.

These are the archive page that covers all of Putin's activities last Friday when this phonecall about Gaza is said to have been made. I see no mention of this, though it is not to say it never happened...

http://www.vesti.ru/search_adv.html?q=%EF%F3%F2%E8%ED&stype_n=rnews&stype_v=rvideo&sorder=date&cid=&p=2

http://izvestia.ru/search?search=%D0%BF%D1%83%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD

These are the archive page that covers all of Putin's activities last Friday when this phonecall about Gaza is said to have been made. I see no mention of this, though it is not to say it never happened...

http://www.vesti.ru/...r=date&cid=&p=2

http://izvestia.ru/s...arch=путин

So, if no Russian sources can say that he did call Morsi, is this another fictional tale from the "journalists" at PressTV?

I would be concerned about Putin supporting Eygpt openly.

Is anyone else worried about Putin being in charge of Russia? I mean, he was quite high up in the KGB, served two terms as president, was appointed "prime minister" by the next president where he changed the law so that he could be president again for an extended period of six years (against massive protests).

Are we sure that Russian elections are "fair and free" and the country hasn't been hijacked by the KGB? I mean, if you speak out against him you are locked up (Pu$$y Riot style).

Not trying to hijack this thread. Just worried about two dictatoral presidents enjoying each others work.

OverSword: I can see that you are in America and totally hate America.

Why don't you just leave?

Palladin, Where did that come from? This thread isn't about America, number one, and number two, I love America, I just don't like some of the crap our government has done over the years and am under no illusion about us wearing white cowboy hats. The amount of time we have overthrown democratically elected governments and installed dictators is unbelievable and if you did any research you would know that's true.