Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Eye of Horus resembles the Pineal Gland

Tann

(WIKIPEDIA) The Eye of Horus is an ancient Egyptian symbol of protection, royal power and good health. The eye is personified in the goddess Wadjet (also written as Wedjat, Uadjet, Wedjoyet, Edjo or Uto and as The Eye of Ra) or "Udjat" The name Wadjet is derived from "wadj" meaning "green" hence "the green one" and was known to the Greeks and Romans as "uraeus" from the Egyptian "iaret" meaning "risen one" from the image of a cobra rising up in protection.Wadjet was one of the earliest of Egyptian deities who later became associated with other goddesses such as Bast, Sekhmet, Mut, and Hathor. She was the tutelary deity of Lower Egypt and the major Delta shrine the "per-nu" was under her protection. Hathor is also depicted with this eye.Funerary amulets were often made in the shape of the Eye of Horus. The Wedjat or Eye of Horus is "the central element" of seven "gold, faience,carnelian and lapis lazuli" bracelets found on the mummy of Shoshenq II. The Wedjat "was intended to protect the king [here] in the afterlife" and to ward off evil. Ancient Egyptian and Near Eastern sailors would frequently paint the symbol on the bow of their vessel to ensure safe sea travel.

Eye+of+horus.jpg

eye_of_horus_thalamus_brain.jpg

I think it's a remarkable resemblance. I think most of what we see as hieroglyphics are more than the story they are portraying. For example, the Pharaoh netting/catching birds could be an analogy of him 'reigning in his errant thoughts' on an esoteric level. Another example would be the Djed Pillar representing the spine, Tree of Life etc. This is another interesting bit to add to the bunch in my opinion.

Source:

http://brainssparks.blogspot.ca/2012/01/eye-of-horus.html?m=1

• Like 2

Intersesting. But im guessing it is just a representation of the falcon god horus and the human eye is mans desire to think on that level.

falcon6.jpg

• Like 1

I would go with taniwha: the Horus Eye is widely believed to represent the markings of a hawk indigenous to North Africa.

What it boils down to is the ancient Egyptian understanding of the functions of the human brain: they did not understand its functions. They believed the heart to be the brain. Consider the practice of mummification. In those cases where the excerebration was performed, the brain was removed in globs generally through the nostril. It was destroyed in the process. The Egyptians did not even try to preserve the brain, which basically clarifies its low significance in their culture.

• Like 1

Interesting, the resemblance is uncanny indeed.

I also admit that the resemblance is erie. However, I doubt the Eye came from someone dissecting a human brain.

I think the pineal gland gets more coverage and powers then it deserves.

• Like 1

The Eye of Horus resembles the Pineal Gland

Hmmm.

Eye of Horus:

Title_Page_Egyptian_Eye_Bul.jpg

Pineal gland:

pineal_gland.jpg

By God, I think you would be right if it didn't look so much like a clitoris and looked a little more like an eye.

Harte

The Eye of Horus was seen as The Eye of God ( or Goddess ) looking down and offering protection as stated in the OP.

This protection extended to the King of Egypt who's power came from the Goddess Wadjet (later 2 goddesses) under her overall authority.

The Hourglass Nebula as pictured by the Hubble has been called the 'Eye of God' and its unexplained shape with 2 circles overlapping and the

'Eye' in the middle has been compared to proposed ancient landscape geometry in Britain which uses the design of the Great Pyramid.

This discovery, and further revelations based on it, raises the possibility that this is an ' End of Time ' period.

you HAVE to plug in your landscape geometry in any and all threads you can, right?

its an itch you cant resist, right??

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

you HAVE to plug in your landscape geometry in any and all threads you can, right?

its an itch you cant resist, right??

:rolleyes:

It's a grand unified woo theory.
  • Like 1

This discovery, and further revelations based on it, raises the possibility that this is an ' End of Time ' period.

still going on with this I see..

well every dog has its favorite bone to chew.. even when its just a few scraps of bone left and no meat on it at all

• Like 1

Intersesting. But im guessing it is just a representation of the falcon god horus and the human eye is mans desire to think on that level.

falcon6.jpg

Very cool ~ thanks for showing me this. Although I will say, of the four flourishes of the Eye of Ra, the falcon is missing the curled descending mark - which, to me, is one of the more defining marks. I guess the dissected brains descending curled line isn't that convincing either. All the same, what beautiful majestic creatures.

Edited by Tann

Ancient Egyptian physicians, priests and academics were well versed in the anatomy of the human body...it wouldn't have been that much of a stretch, for them to link the two...

Reply to a couple of posters

The 'Eye of Horus' / 'Eye of God' was raised on another thread months ago so it is quite appropriate to

remind or introduce another interpretation of this very important Egyptian symbol on this thread.

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:14 PM

Just take another look....

twincir.gif

If you want to believe that it is all just a huge set of coincidences..that is up to you ..but

this thread is now saying... what if it is an ancient design...why Temple Farm as a focal point ?

The above reproduction of a post from the other thread shows the landscape layout -

now just take a look at the Hubble picture of the Hourglass Nebula, called 'The Eye of God' and you will see the similarity.

This would not be so important if it has not been clearly shown on the other thread that this geometry leads us to

churches and references in the Book of Revelations with ancient geometric proofs of it's validity.

For details please go to the other thread - where this post will be copied for good order.

I appreciate that some posters on this forum are just trying to debunk any 'alternative ideas' but if this forum has a value

it is to look at mysteries from the past and try to seek the truth.

The geometry is true and it will not go away much as some people would like it to in order that they do not have to change

their beliefs.

We do not yet know how the ancient geometry was set out but being beyond the capabilites of any known culture over 4500 years

ago an 'outside' source must be a very strong possibility to a reasonable individual.

It would thus be 'alien' 'foreign' 'divine' depending on your preference but clearly set out as a message for the future when it's existence

would be revealed. Now would seem to possibly be that time......

Ancient Egyptian physicians, priests and academics were well versed in the anatomy of the human body...it wouldn't have been that much of a stretch, for them to link the two...

Not really,like Kmt said they didn't care about the brain. They would destroy it during mummification, but preserve the heart which they believed was the thinking organ.

Not really,like Kmt said they didn't care about the brain. They would destroy it during mummification, but preserve the heart which they believed was the thinking organ.

The ancient Egyptians practiced medical procedures such as Trepanation (with proves that they acknowledged the importance of the brain), and their Kings and nobility practiced ritual binding of their heads to achieve an elongated shape for who knows for whatever reason, I find it hard to believe that the ancient Egyptians thought less of one of the biggest organs, located near such important senses as sight, sound, taste and smell, just because they couldn't think of a way to remove the organ during the mummification process. I guess we'll never know either way for sure.

I think some posts in this thread qualify as the ceremonial raping of William of Occam's corpse.

--Jaylemurph

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 1

The ancient Egyptians practiced medical procedures such as Trepanation (with proves that they acknowledged the importance of the brain), and their Kings and nobility practiced ritual binding of their heads to achieve an elongated shape for who knows for whatever reason, I find it hard to believe that the ancient Egyptians thought less of one of the biggest organs, located near such important senses as sight, sound, taste and smell, just because they couldn't think of a way to remove the organ during the mummification process. I guess we'll never know either way for sure.

What evidence do you have for head binding in Dynastic Egypt amongst royalty and nobility?

cormac

It's a grand unified woo theory.

You mean a Grand Woonified Theory.

Harte

• Like 2

I think some posts in this thread qualify as the ceremonial raping of William of Occam's corpse.

--Jaylemurph

I'm sure that wasn't old William's brain and brainstem in my post, so you must be talking about somebody else.

No, that wasn't Occam, I believe that was the brain of one Edward A. Murphy, Jr. of somewhat more widespread, if less deserved, fame.

Harte

What evidence do you have for head binding in Dynastic Egypt amongst royalty and nobility?

cormac

akhenaten20and20his20fa.jpg

armarnaprincesses.jpg

amarna-princess-head-225.jpg

3349400951_a049fef513_b.jpg

The point I'm making, is that great emphasis was placed on the head in the ancient Egyptian culture, especially for the privileged...so why wouldn't the brain mean something to these people.

Edited by Harry_Dresden

The Egyptians understood that injuries to the head were bad, but like the later Greeks they thought the brain was itself not worth much. The Greek may have put a higher use of it, Aristotle thought the brain was a radiator.

Your incredulity aside, do you have any evidence beside you pointing to a few pictures and saying "that looks weird?"

akhenaten20and20his20fa.jpg

armarnaprincesses.jpg

amarna-princess-head-225.jpg

3349400951_a049fef513_b.jpg

The point I'm making, is that great emphasis was placed on the head in the ancient Egyptian culture, especially for the privileged...so why wouldn't the brain mean something to these people.

That they performed trepanation on subjects is not evidence that they knew what the brain was for, only that by releasing pressure on the head that subjects would/could get better.

As to your claim that head binding was performed in Dynastic Egypt that is not in evidence. As an example some have claimed that Tutankhamun had such performed on him, but as can be seen below there is nothing odd about his head nor that of his genetically identified father:

post-74391-0-97823700-1387772630_thumb.j

Top to bottom, left to right are Tut's X-ray, his mummified head, his MRI and the skull of his genetically identified father.

cormac