Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

why is only one relative haunting my in laws

ali1986

Last year my husbands grandma passed away. Ever since, my sister in law , brother in law, mum in law and cousin including her children, have been experiencing things going missing, feel her presence, radios turned on, noise of her wheelchair banging in to the walls, in different houses. Since being told that, I have had nightmares of her being in our house and being in the middle of moving into a bigger house, I don't need the worry of her haunting us and our potential children in the future. My husbands said his drawers at work were opening as well. I am totally freaked out by it. Is there an explanation as to why this is happening? None of my relatives have done this to me so why would their Grandma do this to them?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ali1986

• kannin

• Brian Topp

• MrBene

Top Posters In This Topic

how are your parents with your husband? she could have been a protective gramma and is haunting to protect her grandson?

Hi kannin, thank you for your response. My parents adore him and think he is the best thing to have come in to my life. But his Grandma seems to be doing these things in different places, his sisters flat, his brothers flat, his mum's flat. But I have never experienced anything with my own relatives and none of his other relatives have been doing things either.

how are your parents with your husband? she could have been a protective gramma and is haunting to protect her grandson?

Sorry not sure how this site works! Just figuring it out lol

how sure are you its is grandma? moving around that much seems a little drastic for a spirit

how sure are you its is grandma? moving around that much seems a little drastic for a spirit

i am not sure, my in laws think it is because it has only been since she passed away. What else do you think it could be? Are they imagining it because they are grieving?

grieving could cause false paranormal experience due to the fact the people miss them and will looks for an excuse to still keep them around, if some one wants something badley they can imagine things to keep them comfurtable

grieving could cause false paranormal experience due to the fact the people miss them and will looks for an excuse to still keep them around, if some one wants something badley they can imagine things to keep them comfurtable

i guess so, radio being turned on is strange though, other things could have another explanation like imagining banging, or not shutting drawers etc. How can a radio be turned out by itself? That is what has frightened me the most i think.

#on

I agree with the guys when they say that grieving might be a factor but I do agree too that radios turning on by itself is odd. I think you should try to reproduce that checking wiring and the radio. Perhaps leave a camera (webcam works) during the day to see if the radio turns on by itself.

I agree with the guys when they say that grieving might be a factor but I do agree too that radios turning on by itself is odd. I think you should try to reproduce that checking wiring and the radio. Perhaps leave a camera (webcam works) during the day to see if the radio turns on by itself.

Good idea, thank you. I feel better now, not experienced or seen anything myself so maybe these other ideas could explain it all. I must admit any noise or something odd i do like to think it is my granny, so maybe that is what his in laws are doing? It is comforting thinking it is your loved one looking over you, but creepy at the same time lol.

#my in laws rather lol

never said it wasnt supernatural, you just have to rule out teh logical first

never said it wasnt supernatural, you just have to rule out teh logical first

i know what you mean. I hope it isn't supernatural because things like that scare me so if i was them i would not be sleeping. I haven't even been experiencing things yet it has been scaring me. I really am worried for when we have kids, will she be present in the room when i am feeding my baby etc. I hate getting up in the night lol

i know what you mean. I hope it isn't supernatural because things like that scare me so if i was them i would not be sleeping. I haven't even been experiencing things yet it has been scaring me. I really am worried for when we have kids, will she be present in the room when i am feeding my baby etc. I hate getting up in the night lol

if its been a while and no ones harmed, then if their was a paranormal force its most likley friendly and friendlys are usually family members with unfinished business, was their something she wanted to do with your hubby and your inlaws that she never got to do?

if its been a while and no ones harmed, then if their was a paranormal force its most likley friendly and friendlys are usually family members with unfinished business, was their something she wanted to do with your hubby and your inlaws that she never got to do?

not that i know of, although they didn't see them much because she was up north but his cousins and Auntie etc lived up there too.

are the cousins and aunties being haunted as well? or not so much so?

Try recording it on a video camera, You be amazed how camera shy a ghost is.

can you please pm me ali

are the cousins and aunties being haunted as well? or not so much so?

Well that I know of, only one cousin is, but it's mainly her children that are saying they can hear her, and sometimes see her. Very odd. I have asked my husband to tell them all not to talk about it anymore as it frightens me to the point i can't be in our house or new house on my own :( friendly or not friendly

lol nothing to be scared of,if it is what you think it is, than thats a wonderful thing, maybe shes sticking around to protect you guys, did she leave any possesions to your husband after the passing

lol nothing to be scared of,if it is what you think it is, than thats a wonderful thing, maybe shes sticking around to protect you guys, did she leave any possesions to your husband after the passing

i hope it is that, no possessions of hers but a couple of years ago she bought us a wedding present. Maybe she is around with good intentions, i just hope she doesn't appear when i eventually have children and need to feed at night etc. I feel more relaxed now, thank you so much for your help so far, i hope she catches on to my fear and doesn't bother me too lol

i hope it is that, no possessions of hers but a couple of years ago she bought us a wedding present. Maybe she is around with good intentions, i just hope she doesn't appear when i eventually have children and need to feed at night etc. I feel more relaxed now, thank you so much for your help so far, i hope she catches on to my fear and doesn't bother me too lol

maybe she is there because of fear?

maybe she is there because of fear?

Maybe, not experienced anything yet with our house, or do you mean she is scared or worried?

its not strange for spitits to start activity if they are trying to warn you or if something has happend recently that said spirit while alive would have argued or disagreed with

its not strange for spitits to start activity if they are trying to warn you or if something has happend recently that said spirit while alive would have argued or disagreed with

hmmm can't think what it could be though?

hmmm can't think what it could be though?

could be anything really, not to much info out there for these things