Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have ADD or ADHD?

j4k3

Just looking for other folks out there that have ADD or ADHD just to talk with and share experiences, and coping skills. :) Just reply or add if you wish. Do you like being ADD/ADHD? Do you think it gives you the upper hand in certain situations? or no? Share your experiences here.

Yes it does. Don't let anyone tell you it's a disorder that's just their way of trying to fit you into box. ;)

• Like 2

Coma, I was diagnosed with several different disorders, but I surely am compassionate with those suffering from that.

• Like 1

I don't have that in my family history but my mom was by-polar and I am dyslexic. I hope I spelled that correctly. All is good here. I have been on a few sites and vanished a few months afterwards. It's not that I wasn't welcomed, many members were kind and insightful, but I just didn't fit. I have found this location to be warm, friendly and easy to chat with. I will admit that I am very sarcastic and a bit of a cynic. But it would seem that the professors in those classes welcome that talent. So stay and find your place, as I suspect all are welcome here. Midnight

• 2 weeks later...

I find it very annoying when random memories pop in from nowhere, and very often I will strongly re-experience the emotion tied to that memory. It's literally very distracting.

• Like 2

I am told I have several conditions, just fancy names, nothing much alters or could make me desire to be different, I like who I am, I just find it difficult to keep up many facades that don't hold much significance to my own mind, it does help not to treat yourself as a spare part more so a different part who has your own equally valid water and strengths if that makes much sense :yes: Ofc if it gives you sadness or causes persistent frictions in your life it is good to try to find an alleviating route but if not, keep being the best you that is possible!

• 3 weeks later...

ADD and ADHD are the same condition :P

I have ADHD, as well as General Anxiety Disorder, severe depression, and OCD. Honestly, I find the ADHD and OCD pretty useful, as I work in marketing so I need to be obsessive over things, and always be moving :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Sorry everyone i tend to bounce in and out a lot.. Sometimes i just flat out forget too.. I also didn't expect many responses, but it's reassuring knowing there's other people who feel the same way i do about adhd. :tu:

Sorry everyone i tend to bounce in and out a lot.. Sometimes i just flat out forget too.. I also didn't expect many responses, but it's reassuring knowing there's other people who feel the same way i do about adhd. :tu:

You are not alone, by far...

• Like 1

Just looking for other folks out there that have ADD or ADHD just to talk with and share experiences, and coping skills. :) Just reply or add if you wish. Do you like being ADD/ADHD? Do you think it gives you the upper hand in certain situations? or no? Share your experiences here.

These are terms invented to make lazy parents feel better, "Oh, it's not my fault, he has ADHD."

bull****.

Further to the above, all children crave love and attention, if they don't get it, they'll start doing things to bring attention upon themselves, be it favourable or otherwise.

Get off your lazy **** and care for your child.

Edited by toyomotor

These are terms invented to make lazy parents feel better, "Oh, it's not my fault, he has ADHD."

bull****.

Further to the above, all children crave love and attention, if they don't get it, they'll start doing things to bring attention upon themselves, be it favourable or otherwise.

I think that you are WAY out-of-line here.

bull****.

Um sir.. my adhd was never a problem for my parents. I was a good student just a little impatient and could never stay still. In high school without meds I had a 3.8 gpa. And I received more love than I'd know what to do with if. You sir sound like you haven't received the love you probably deserved. What a true ass, judging people online that you don't even know one bit about.

I was diagnosed with ADHD as an adult. Actually I'm borderline ADHD I meet the requirements just minimally. I'm Tourettes too and ADHD is a very common comorbid.

• Like 1

~
My brother actually had something like tourettes called 'tics'.. One day he stopped taking all the meds they gave him and smoked a little you know(he was 19) he was like a brand new person. No tic, no anger outburst. Ever since he's been fine with no long-lasting side effects. And I was diagnosed with ADHD as a child and never took my meds, i don't really know why.. i just felt like i was being controlled even though the meds weren't making me that way just the fact that i had to take them everyday bothered me(children make their minds up quick and never change it) but as i got older it got a bit worse to the point of brain fog. So i went back to the Dr. and was prescribed the old meds i once defied against. Am out of a slump, with a job, and pursuing a college degree.

~
As i just finished this i noticed mine and my brother's story are the exact opposite except i have no side effects other than i feel wide awake and for the most part not hungry for the first half of the day, lol.

I find it very annoying when random memories pop in from nowhere, and very often I will strongly re-experience the emotion tied to that memory. It's literally very distracting.

I know exactly what you mean.

I hate it when i get that memory and the sudden urge to share it that you can barely control. Or when i'm doing something.. forget mid-step, just to turn around walk two steps and remember again.

Edited by j4k3
  • Like 1

One of my ADHD students Told me yesterday that he dosnt really want to take the adhd medacine anymore, because he never really felt they did anything for him, but he can't because when he stops taking them he gets really bad headaches. He is 11.

I think that you are WAY out-of-line here.

How come then that these disorders only surfaced in the era when more mothers decided against rearing their children, on favour of going to work?

I'm not WAY out of line. My wife didn't work except within the household, the children have grown up well developed mature adults.

No ADHD for us no siree!