Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gun control legislation vote today

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Government Agent

• 4,185 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:54 PM

It is indeed a great victory for America but it is also only one battle.  The POTUS has a track record of losing the early rounds to then later comeback to win.  Can't explain it but it has to end before this nation ceases to exist.

How dare he exploit the tragedy of the families of Sandy Hook to enslave this nation.  How can one not be p***ed?

*Signature removed* Forum Rules

#17    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,644 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:54 AM

I hate to say it but any president would of done this except maybe for Paul, not the son.

#18    spartan max2

spartan max2

Government Agent

• 3,502 posts

• People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:07 AM

View PostHilander, on 18 April 2013 - 12:54 AM, said:

I hate to say it but any president would of done this except maybe for Paul, not the son.
what makes you think Rand would? The guy who tried to get support to fillibuster the bill from the start. Im pretty sure he wouldent of tried to pass a gun control bill.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#19    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

I was very pleased that all 6 that were up yesterday were defeated.  Especially the enhanced background checks, the assault weapon ban (Feinstein's crusade) and the limit on magazine capacity.

There was actually a bill up yesterday to make a concealed carry permit from one state legal in all states...that one got shot down too.  I wasn't against that one, but I do respect that it somewhat violates an individual states rights to be sovereign.   If a state wants to have rules about who can conceal carry in their state, they should be allowed to.

Edited by Jeremiah65, 18 April 2013 - 12:24 PM.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#20    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Government Agent

• 4,185 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

View PostJeremiah65, on 18 April 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

There was actually a bill up yesterday to make a concealed carry permit from one state legal in all states...that one got shot down too.  I wasn't against that one, but I do respect that it somewhat violates an individual states rights to be sovereign.   If a state wants to have rules about who can conceal carry in their state, they should be allowed to.
I agree with you, however, if we are being forced to purchase healthcare insurance then we should be force to all carry.  A gun is the ultimate in insurance.

#21    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,509 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

Obama said it was only round one. Too bad he's limited to ten of them.

We're not.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#22    Bama13

Bama13

Poltergeist

• 2,795 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

View PostRavenHawk, on 18 April 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

I agree with you, however, if we are being forced to purchase healthcare insurance then we should be force to all carry.  A gun is the ultimate in insurance.

A gun won't keep you from getting sick or breaking your leg, or pay your medical bills, but I get the gist of what you are saying.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#23    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Government Agent

• 4,185 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

View PostBama13, on 18 April 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

A gun won't keep you from getting sick or breaking your leg, or pay your medical bills, but I get the gist of what you are saying.
Itll help to prevent you from getting lead poisoning.

#24    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

The president is not going to give up on this.  It's one of his main agendas to take our means of protection away from us.  If he has to, he will sneak it through in the dark of night sometime as a mandate or stick it onto the end of another bill and sneak it through that way.  The man is stubborn and does not accept the word no, even if the entire public says it.

#25    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Government Agent

• 4,185 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

I dont know how long this bill is but I did hear that it was hundreds of pages.  If that is true, does it take hundreds of pages to extend background checks?  And if that is true, then what else is in that bill?  Obama correctly states that 90% of the people are for the concept of extending background checks but considering unintentional consequences of legislation, should he also tout what those are and see how many people are then for the bill (or just the concept)?  Whos lying now?

#26    msmike1

msmike1

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

I would like to know where Obama got his 90% number from. Sounds like another lie he pulled out of his butt.

Mike

#27    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Government Agent

• 4,185 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

View Postmsmike1, on 18 April 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

I would like to know where Obama got his 90% number from. Sounds like another lie he pulled out of his butt.
Hes actually not pulling it out of his butt.  90% is from some of the polls made.  The results of all of them are very high.  But the thing is is that the question asked is only Do you favor extending background checks?.  This really has no relation to the legislation that was being voted on.  This is where Obama was lying through his teeth.  It was aimed right at the low information voter.

#28    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

I posted this on another thread here: http://www.unexplain...ic=246433&st=15
But, this video is just too funny....

:w00t:

#29    F3SS

F3SS

Heading towards the unknown

• 9,443 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 18 April 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

Obama said it was only round one. Too bad he's limited to ten of them.

We're not.

Using a boxing analogy or am I missing something?

View Postmsmike1, on 18 April 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

Mike

I heard a Gallup poll reported yesterday that only 4% actually think gun control is an issue worth taking up. Lol, polls.

View PostKowalski, on 18 April 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

I posted this on another thread here: http://www.unexplain...46433&st=15
But, this video is just too funny....

Lack of courage? What a putz. I'm actually pleased with Washington, at least for a day. I think the courage stands on defending freedom and rights in the face of relentless verbal attacks and slander by those who want the opposite. Any time a liberal agenda is squashed is a good day to me. I love it. Go tell your kids how to live Feinstein. We ain't havin' it.

#30    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,917 posts

• States are domed when they are unable to distinguish good men from bad.

- Antisthenes.

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:24 AM

This is very short lived as Obama will just sign more Executive Orders.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users