Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10148 replies to this topic

#256    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,453 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

View Postnopeda, on 22 November 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

He would still have to be an alien from a high tech civilization imo, and so far no one has suggested anything else he actually could be.
I'm fairly certain I did just suggest something else he could be.
Supernatural, omnioptent, omnipresent, all powerful, beyond all laws of nature, physics, science and understanding. GOD.
I do agree though that such a being would be alien, just not AN alien.

#257    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,453 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

View Postnopeda, on 22 November 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

What were the ways?
Sadly I can only remember two, that being rollers and a workforce using rope pulleys or a primitive canal system ferrying the stones about.

#258    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,453 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

View Postnopeda, on 22 November 2012 - 06:49 PM, said:

What do you think DOES restrict it? And what do you think bumps it up when it needs that? It probably needs to be increased about as often as it needs to be slowed down, so...? Oh yeah, and don't forget to explain why the velocity is adjusted but the frequency is not.
I'd say it's restricted as it's speed is one of the necessary constants for the function of the universe - it's throttled by both mundane and quantum physics with manipulation (downwards as we've never observed upwards manipulation of this constant) courtesy of "complex spacetime events" such as massive gravity vortexes (such as black holes).

#259    Gaden

Gaden

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

I was so hoping it wouldn't come to this, but here we go again. :no:  :whistle: :td:

I'm trying to see things from your point of view, I just can't get my head that far up my butt

#260    Scepticus

Scepticus

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

Santa is real.

i never buy my girlfriend any christmas presents but she always seem to receive christmas presents from this unknown man.

Therefore Santa most be real.

:D

The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.

#261    Painnsufferin

Painnsufferin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

View PostSakari, on 19 November 2012 - 03:14 AM, said:

Will you promise me you will still be active on this site on December 22, 2012 so we can discuss this more?

You sir, are the king of the world. Please enjoy these waffles.....

#262    Gaden

Gaden

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

I would like to address at least one point that our dear friend :innocent:  has brought up, and that is his contention that humans "suddenly started building things", or something to that effect. Although this is an over simplification, (the fossil record shows how they/we started small and worked up) I'm not sure if it has been discussed satisfactorily. Everyone here with even half a brain realises how one discovery or invention leads (more easily) to more discoveries and inventions so that progress accelerates exponentially. The end result is that we learned to do things faster and faster due to each successive learned trait or skill. Why did we languish for so long in obscurity and then suddenly (seemingly) start acting like a coordinated society? To the unimaginative, the answer is, as always, alien intervention. It's such an obvious solution. But, I am of the opinion that maybe, just maybe (it's such a crazy idea, it might be true) it was the developement of .......language. How in the world could we easily share ideas until we did this. Think about how fast things would progress once we were able to communicate.

I'm trying to see things from your point of view, I just can't get my head that far up my butt

#263    araxia

araxia

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

View PostScepticus, on 23 November 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

Santa is real.

i never buy my girlfriend any christmas presents but she always seem to receive christmas presents from this unknown man.

Therefore Santa most be real.

:D

dude maybe santa is her secret lover,

did you know SANTA IS SATAN spelled backwards or no it is an ANAGRAM??? :clap:

Edited by araxia, 23 November 2012 - 04:16 PM.

#264    araxia

araxia

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

View PostGaden, on 23 November 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:

I would like to address at least one point that our dear friend :innocent:  has brought up, and that is his contention that humans "suddenly started building things", or something to that effect. Although this is an over simplification, (the fossil record shows how they/we started small and worked up) I'm not sure if it has been discussed satisfactorily. Everyone here with even half a brain realises how one discovery or invention leads (more easily) to more discoveries and inventions so that progress accelerates exponentially. The end result is that we learned to do things faster and faster due to each successive learned trait or skill. Why did we languish for so long in obscurity and then suddenly (seemingly) start acting like a coordinated society? To the unimaginative, the answer is, as always, alien intervention. It's such an obvious solution. But, I am of the opinion that maybe, just maybe (it's such a crazy idea, it might be true) it was the developement of .......language. How in the world could we easily share ideas until we did this. Think about how fast things would progress once we were able to communicate.

development of language?

sure the alien spirits inspired them and their thoughts to build things via psychic communication,
maybe they learned to listen to the voice of SPIRIT more clearly when they decided to open their minds...for a change lol

#265    _Only

_Only

• 6,463 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 17 November 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

To me, I think were this ancient alien theory falls on it's face is the nature of such interventions. For example, why would they, by levitation presumably, help built pyramids, Stonehenge etc, and not give more important help like medical knowledge, or knowledge to better grow crops a long time before we worked out efficient crop rotation and irrigation. In these matters there is not a sudden advance, but a very long evolutionary process. If ancient aliens wanted to help us, then why not with matters that really help, and not just religious or even vanity projects.

Who is to say the point would be to help the people they visited?

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#266    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

View Post_Only, on 24 November 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

Who is to say the point would be to help the people they visited?
Well I don't think ET visited anyway. Though let us suppose they did, and their intention was not to help. I would think with the vast technology they had, then if they didn't like us, or saw us as a threat to them in the future, then they would have blown us away long ago. And of course our ancestors could have been geneticaly altered by  ET to become unknowing slaves for them. But I don't believe in any of the answers I have given.....

Very good photos in your flickr gallery by the way

#267    _Only

_Only

• 6,463 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 24 November 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

Well I don't think ET visited anyway. Though let us suppose they did, and their intention was not to help. I would think with the vast technology they had, then if they didn't like us, or saw us as a threat to them in the future, then they would have blown us away long ago. And of course our ancestors could have been geneticaly altered by  ET to become unknowing slaves for them. But I don't believe in any of the answers I have given.....

Very good photos in your flickr gallery by the way

I don't really buy into any of the ancient alien hype either, but assuming this did happen, I'd tend to think that their purpose would be to accomplish things here that we wouldn't understand as being relevant or useful on our planet (like building of giant pyramid buildings structures pointing to the sky at certain locations), using us as hired hands, acting as our gods, and that being the extent of our relationship. Fooling the people into helping you take care of business is more efficient and effective than eliminating them all.

But my main point was that the things built could have a meaning to those who facilitated the build, that you and I don't see the significance in, hypothetically.

And thanks a lot!

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#268    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• 1,437 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

View PostNuke_em, on 21 November 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

There is no evidence for a God in any form, but 95% of the world belives in him, even though he never existed, like this little green man and yet "God" was present back in J.Christ times he walked this earth like a boss and they still all believe the scared book that MAN wrote...  why would it be so hard to believe that at some point in our past aliens did came here, on our earth and do some " i am god, worship me! " and later out of that ( for egypt still ) every king/Pharao who ruled at the time was entitled God, since lets say those sneaky greenies left this piece of primitive rock and left throne room empty so the people needed a new god ( well semi god ). So they elected a new president! :)

That is a veeeery loooong shot but is more possible than Jezus Christ for example... You got whole book of "miracles" and people tend to believe that more than aliens what an irony... No offence but people need to realize that there is no such thing as a god if there was one we would have records about it and he would probably still be in touch :).

It isn't hard to imagine a scenario like that but as you alluded to with God(s), there would be records.  If you look at the various pantheons, with the exceptions of those like Egypt, the  various gods look just like the people they were the gods of.  It wouldn't have been practical for an alien race to visit just one small area of the Earth, ignoring all the other areas especially considering the distance they would have traveled.

When you look at the various religions, you see they aren't documents of a historical nature but stories, made for the most part to enlighten and instruct.  Parables if you will.  That and the fact that many times one religion will have included stories and sometimes even gods from other religions and what you find are not accounts of visits by aliens but the myths that we have come to know.

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#269    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• 1,437 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

View Postnopeda, on 22 November 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

Absolutely you will or I'll be left to believe you're just being dishonest. I've seen that trick attempted countless times. I've never seen it work, like it's not working for you now, but I've sure seen it attempted plenty of times.

As I said in the post you replied to, the questions you have posed have been answered many times.  Your unwillingness to believe those answers does not in any way negate that answers were given.  The dishonesty, clearly evident to all, is you, every time you say no one has answered your questions when those answers have been given.  The trick that does not work is your constant cry that none of your questions has been answered.

AA LOGIC
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps

#270    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• 1,437 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

View Postnopeda, on 22 November 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

Humans haven't even traveled to the closest planet, so the farthest star wasn't worth mentioning. Humans suck at space travel but that doesn't mean all beings in the universe do. By now it seems way more likely to me that other beings could have been to Earth than that they could not have, even if none have actually ever come here. But I don't put faith in the idea that they haven't been here, much less that they COULD NOT have.

Comparing the possible space travel capabilities of an alien civilization with our own as a measure of how our capabilities suck is like comparing a modern day car to the Model T.  The model T may suck in comparison to today's cars but remember it was a precursor to what we have now.  The same can be said of space flight.  I'm sure that any alien races in the universe with advanced space flight, would not have instantly gotten that technology but would have worked their way up to it over time from simpler technology.

Believing in the idea we have been visited in the past is all well and good but the available evidence does not support the idea.  Until such time as evidence is forthcoming, the idea remains that, just an idea and can not be seriously considered as a reality.

AA LOGIC