Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

E-mail letters from future

Lionel

user posted imageThe Internet has many features: sometimes it can shock, amuse and frustrate its users. In this brief overview we are going to deal with neither standard computer defects nor with hackers and computer viruses. These phenomena can hardly be called the mysteries of the worldwide web. They are caused by certain people and therefore can be easily explained. For a long time computer viruses are known to be written either by teenagers willing to increase their self-esteem or by produces of anti-virus software programs intending to improve sales. A small fraction of special service employees and criminals creating similar "phenomena" are not going to be the subject of this overview either.The facts I am going to dwell on are cited in Russian and foreign authoritative websites and the press.

A certain Ezhi Kovalsky, taxi-driver from Warsaw, received the e-mail message warning him to insure his apartment against fire which is going to happen there soon. рhe taxi-driver did not trust the message much and thought it was an advertising trick of an insurance company. However, he could not figure out the name of the company because the e-mail was signed by . him. Ezhi hesitated, but finally visited the nearest insurance company and signed the contract. Two weeks later he thanked his well-wishing twin and his own foresight because his apartment was damaged because of the fire in his neighbors" place, but his losses were covered by the insurance company.

user posted image View: Full Article | Source: Pravda.ru

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lionel

• mowo

• pappagooch

• Nxt2Hvn

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be too cool!!!

If I ever get a email from myself... I will pay attention for sure!!!

Thanks for the heads up Lionel! thumbsup.gif

That would be too cool!!!

If I ever get a email from myself... I will pay attention for sure!!!

Check your e-mail, you probably have one wink2.gif

Ha! If I could e-mail myself information from a parallel future, I think I would e-mail myself the scores of some football games and hit the sports book at the Venetian in Vegas!

Interesting story Lionel! thumbsup.gif

I have devised two possible explanations for this story.

1. This is a particularly aggressive spamming campaign launched by insurance companies.

or..

2. The man was very forgetful and sent himself an email to remind himself to take out insurance. Forgetting he sent this email he freaked out when it arrived and bought insurance.

Two weeks later he returned home and forgetting which apartment was his, entered the wrong apartment. He decided to celebrate his peace of mind by smoking a cigar, then remembered that he was a taxi driver and should be at work. whistling2.gif