Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

The Patterson/Gimlin bigfoot film re-examined

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#76    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 3,974 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:59 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 23 October 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

Neanderthals developed around 800,000 years ago, and died out about 20,000 years ago, right? And wasn't Homo Erectus wandering East Asia more then 1 million years ago? And hasn't there been at least 4 glaciations since 1 million years ago? Thus, there have been at least 4 times when Alaska had a land bridge to Asia and there were hominid apes in Asia at the time. So, I think there very well could have been time for such evolution. Though it is just an opinion.

I should have qualified that with " I personally believe..."

It's theoretically possible, sure, but again, we're just left with ideas and possibilities, no evidence.

Don't get me wrong, I would love for bigfoot to be real. I would be awesome and revolutionary. We just need more than blurry pictures and tv shows where grown men walk around hooting in the woods to back up these claims.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#77    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:34 AM

View PostGolly Buster, on 23 October 2012 - 01:10 AM, said:

Posted Image

Areola baby.

mmmmm   hairy costume boobies.  gahhhhhhhhhh

#78    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

Yeah, but that one of the things that make me wonder if it is real or not, think about it, in 1967 when this was shot would a hoaxer thought to make it a girl Biggy?

I think not.......I think not.

And no, it's just my own speculation and proof of nothing more than my own speculation.

#79    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,287 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 23 October 2012 - 01:59 AM, said:

I should have qualified that with " I personally believe..."

It's theoretically possible, sure, but again, we're just left with ideas and possibilities, no evidence.

Don't get me wrong, I would love for bigfoot to be real. I would be awesome and revolutionary. We just need more than blurry pictures and tv shows where grown men walk around hooting in the woods to back up these claims.
No Problem. I just like to discuss. As I said in my first post in this thread, I am very certain that the P-G film is a hoax, and admit that bigfoot has no evidence and is only a very remote possibility, as far as being real.

The TV shows with men Hooting in the woods crack me up too.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#80    Thegreatsilence

Thegreatsilence

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

I've read on a blog that a Bigfoot hunter (MK Davis) came across a 3 feet giant salamander in the same area and unfortunately mistook it for a large fish. I tend to believe him because he found it while it wasn't  his first intent, and correct me if I am wrong but it happens more than sometimes in Biology : "Finding something nonetheless interesting while looking for something else".

#81    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

View PostBionic Bigfoot, on 20 October 2012 - 08:26 AM, said:

Here's a bigfoot costume that was created and used nearly 10 years after the Patterson film and for TV. Even a child should be able to see the differences between a costume like this and what was seen in the Patterson/Gimlin footage.

In the show they weren't striving for realism

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#82    kampz

kampz

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

This film got my attention again recently. I think it's real again and there's no reason not to believe it in my opinion. As the story goes, Roger Patterson and Bob Gimlin were just strolling along and suddenly Roger saw the Bigfoot and then Bob looked. They didn't report any signs of Bigfoot being there before seeing. Most people call Roger the liar, not so much Bob. Roger died on his death bed claiming it was real. Bob Gimlin still to this day claims it's real. I think it was the real deal and I assume that Bigfoot probably disappeared shortly after. In my opinion that's like hitting the lottery. Obviously in my opinion, a lot of people are going to call them liars because they stated before that they both thought Bigfoot is real and told the World that they were going to look for it and film it! It makes it easier to fool everybody. The foot was the only thing that bothered me, but science says it works that way. It was a sandy and dirty foot. I'll go oops if I'm wrong.

Edited by kampz, 31 December 2012 - 07:07 AM.

#83    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

Just wondering, but who of any of us know for sure what RP said on or before his death bed?

"It's fake, for gawds sake! Tell the world it's fake! I can't live with it any more!"
"There, there Roger. You don't know what you are saying. Just calm down.There there..."

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#84    kampz

kampz

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

That's true about how could I know that for sure unless I was with Roger or Bob 24/7. He obviously didn't admit it to everybody on Earth.

How do you know Bigfoot doesn't appear and disappear without the help of mushrooms? I know because evidence and history suggests.

Edited by kampz, 31 December 2012 - 09:43 AM.

#85    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

View Postkampz, on 31 December 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

That's true about how could I know that for sure unless I was with Roger or Bob 24/7. He obviously didn't admit it to everybody on Earth.

How do you know Bigfoot doesn't appear and disappear without the help of mushrooms? I know because evidence and history suggests.

No harm intended: All I asked was "How do we know what/if he ever confessed?"

I agree, bigfoot having a disappearing act, makes as much sense as any, considering the stories we have that lack hard evidence. But for me, I approach it from a different perspective, one that doesn't include an animal with the talent of disappearing/reappearing out of thin air and defying the laws of nature.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 31 December 2012 - 10:04 AM.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#86    kampz

kampz

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

Another thought is if you busted Bigfoot back in 1967, the general public had no idea what to think it should look like. Bigfoot looks different in most reports.

View PostQuiteContrary, on 31 December 2012 - 09:58 AM, said:

No harm intended: All I asked was "How do we know what/if he ever confessed?"

I agree, bigfoot having a disappearing act, makes as much sense as any, considering the stories we have that lack hard evidence. But for me, I approach it from a different perspective, one that doesn't include an animal with the talent of disappearing/reappearing out of this air and defying the laws of nature.

I understand. I did that to before and I came to the conclusion that it doesn't work that way. I can assume Bigfoot existed all day and everyday back in 6,000 BC or something, but it doesn't mean it happened.

Edited by kampz, 31 December 2012 - 10:06 AM.

#87    kampz

kampz

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

Is the camera giving off the illusion of Bigfoots head morphing? The top of the head to be more exact. The cone shape appears and disappears. I don't know. I need sleep.

Edited by kampz, 31 December 2012 - 12:05 PM.

#88    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

View Postkampz, on 31 December 2012 - 07:03 AM, said:

This film got my attention again recently. I think it's real again and there's no reason not to believe it in my opinion. As the story goes, Roger Patterson and Bob Gimlin were just strolling along and suddenly Roger saw the Bigfoot and then Bob looked.

No, they had spent days looking for Bigfoot in Six Rivers. It was not an accident that they happened to find one.

#89    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

As far as realistic ape costumes existing in the late '60s, consider '2001' (1968).

I've read that many moviegoers didn't realize the 'apes' were actors in costume.

Personally I find 'Patty' completely convincing except for being impossible.

Attached Files

Edited by PersonFromPorlock, 01 January 2013 - 12:32 AM.

#90    kampz

kampz

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

View Postscowl, on 31 December 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

No, they had spent days looking for Bigfoot in Six Rivers. It was not an accident that they happened to find one.

Ok What I meant was they told enough people what they were doing and a general idea of the location they were searching at too. I don't know without a doubt that it was an accident.

View PostPersonFromPorlock, on 01 January 2013 - 12:24 AM, said:

Personally I find 'Patty' completely convincing except for being impossible.

I do as well. In my opinion it isn't impossible. I'm just assuming if the film is true. I always changed my mind on it.

Edited by kampz, 01 January 2013 - 01:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users